Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Remember there's a delay on when the enemy sees the circle. Beyond that, I agree, his ulti isn't amazing for dropping on top of people. But that's not what makes him fantastic :)

One of the things that does is he hard-counters the fuck out of GP who is almost defenseless against him.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Remember there's a delay on when the enemy sees the circle. Beyond that, I agree, his ulti isn't amazing for dropping on top of people. But that's not what makes him fantastic :)

One of the things that does is he hard-counters the fuck out of GP who is almost defenseless against him.
Yeah, but even if you lead your target perfectly so the circle "appears" right on top of them, there's still plenty of time to just walk out of it. But yeah, even with that he is really good.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Panth was better when you could ult everywhere. Revive-Ult and youre back in the fight. Use his ult for flanking-ganking, ult behind to close their escape route, if youre aiming to hit em on the head then you are playing it wrong.

Heres a Panth instawin early domination core build, I play him with AD marks, flat mana regen yellows, MR/level blues and 2 hp quints + 1 ArmPen quint.21/0/9 or 21/9/0. Flash/Ignite or cleanse/ghost depending on style of play.

Start with boots+3 hp or 2 hp+1mp.
2x Dorans blades
Brutilizer
Bloodthirster
Banshees
then build what you want

Easy peasy, eats squishies and ganks like a boss.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
The more intelligent your opponents are, the less effective Pantheon is. Adversely, the dumber your opponents are, the more effective Pantheon is.

Panth was better when you could ult everywhere.

Was the same when TF could do it too, I'm still all kinds of salty about them screwing both of their ultimates. Apart from that, back when Panth had his global range ult, I always wanted to see a team of 5 Pantheons fight, Team ICBM would be great to watch. That or Team Death Star made up of 5 Karthus.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
In related news, MANtheon is Fucking Awesome :thumbsup:

Especially at trolling bursty fags like Nasus with the blocks.
I don't know what Nasus you were playing but when you have Panth vs Nasus at top, Panth might as well go jungle. He can't hurt Nasus at all (you can stand in the heartseeker strike and be fine), provided you start with Frozen Heart. Once you got your first chainmail it's free-farm and smooth sailing at 100% HP from there. Nothing Panth can do can put a dent in Nasus, and if you get ganked you can just gently stroll away in your ult. You can pretend Panth isn't there and farm your Q under his tower, even. It's amazing.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
In related news, Jasede starts the game with 2800 gold, so he can get a frozen heart asap.

And in case you haven't noticed, I was not talking about 'CHASING NASUS OFF LANE LOLOLOLO!!1' but about the block trollin'.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Cloth + 5 pots, first b Chainmail and or Ninja Tabi.

Sorry, Roxor, but I'm with Jasede on his one.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Well, BRO, the fact that the Nasus was also pretty dumb back then is also another thing, but FFS, you fuckers learn to READ.

A Nasus comes at you with Q. BLOCK! Shieldbash, block refreshes. Q! BLOCK! Etc. Jebus.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
On the note of unorthadox junglers - I've been playing Nunu top recently and been getting a lot of resistance to that idea. Works a charm, but people seem to like ":retarded:" when I do it.

How do you build Nunu solo top? Bought him long ago, but haven't played him much lately and I'm thinking about picking him up again and it could be fun to try him top instead of in the jungle once in a while.

Hellraiser

Arcane
So after thinking who the fuck should I buy next and browsing through the shop I decided to pick up a new champ. I didn't want another tanky dps champ, already have a fuckton of those. Although I may get jax after the rework, looks like his jungle will be godlike with the counterstrike and passive changes and I could use another jungler. I was thinking of a pubstomper that is still viable against a competent team (but punishes idiots in blind normals even more). Shaco was out of the question because I don't like his playstyle and riot is already discussing nerfing him because he is "anti-fun" and his kit is "toxic" honestly who wasn't expecting them to say that eventually? His stealth-blink is pretty bullshit though but overall he is more annoying then broken. Retards cannot learn not to overextend, same reason they nerfed red buff.

Either way after thinking and browsing for a bit I realized who should I buy. Akali the queen bitch of killing your carries when they make just one mistake. Also she already got nerfed a bunch but is still strong so she is off the nerf-radar and very viable. Surprisingly I only had to buy 7 AD runes to have that runepage you need for her, I had all the other runes. I either end up carrying hard with her or my team feeds like idiots and I get curbstomped by jax or some other fed tanky dps. I also love it when idiots escape from me with barely any health I use troll shroud to hide from the guy that helped them espace, they decide to get closer thinking they can help that other guy kill me without dying and I just jump to them with R then Q+attack "you have slain an enemy". Oh and they help me get away from that other guy if I'm low on health.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ye, Akali is on a cheeze limit. Crazy crazy burst. Only good counter is some AoE, IMO.And Lee Sin. She cant get away from him. I had huge issues against her till I played vs her as Gragas. Fatass got poke, a slow dash and a knockback, all AoE damage. She stays safe and cant farm, she comes close and gets raped. Galio is also a somewhat good Akali counter, not that much harrass but huge sustain. Hate that bitch.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Ye, Akali is on a cheeze limit. Crazy crazy burst. Only good counter is some AoE, IMO.And Lee Sin. She cant get away from him. I had huge issues against her till I played vs her as Gragas. Fatass got poke, a slow dash and a knockback, all AoE damage. She stays safe and cant farm, she comes close and gets raped. Galio is also a somewhat good Akali counter, not that much harrass but huge sustain. Hate that bitch.

Yeah I noticed that the fatass is really good against her, pre-6 it is tough post-6 you have to be smart and wait for him to waste a barrel then quickly counter harass with R+Q+attack. Also you need to be careful not to get blown off into the tower by the barrel.

Kennen is also a huge troll for her, I still managed to get fed off one on solo top to the point where he was surprised my team surrendered (bot fed vayne 10 kills when I had 4 off kennen, good luck when she's killing you in 0,5 seconds). You need to force him to waste his ult otherwise his burst will rape her regardless if she has mercs+giants belt or not. With no ult he's dead meat though. I think I only fucked up a lane against ryze, he started with snare first+meki and it really shut down my laning. Snare+q hurts and ryze's shtick is being spammy thanks to low cooldowns. Meki gave him the mana he needed for constant harass and I couldn't sustain myself enough to shrug off that harass.

How do you build Nunu solo top? Bought him long ago, but haven't played him much lately and I'm thinking about picking him up again and it could be fun to try him top instead of in the jungle once in a while.
Nunu's strength lay in having a 1:1 AP poke that has a massive attack speed and movement slow; a 1:1 heal; infinite mana from Visionary; very high base health.

Depends on who you're against, really - you need AP to be a threat so stacking Dorans rings works well early on to dominate your lane. Ice Ball travels so slowly that you can cast it on someone when in their tower range and get out - so they can't even reliably last hit under their tower.

Mystary!

Arcane
Had a game with the enemy team Nunu top that dominated against Katarina (yeah yeah she's bad) but I don't think he would be a problem to anyone knowing what theyre doing. Everytime he went in to E her, she got hit, and ran away. He got free harass. But once I saw what she was doing wrong I told her and all of the sudden the tables were turned. Dont let him poke, attack back. The thing is, his E is the only damaging ability he's got, anyone with 2 or more could easily out trade the damage.

True. Until Nunu gets a few more ranks in Consume - and then he just heals back to full and you've eaten his full E. Kind of like Jax in a way, he's much stronger if you engage inside a minion wave.

Dark Matter

Prophet
Bought Riven yesterday and she is, hands down, the best and most fun champion I've played. There's just something incredibly satisfying about controlling her. I'm playing her as a jungler since no one else ever jungles (in normal games) and I can't stand duo laning because even at level 30, the idea of last hitting and not pushing the lane seems to be an alien concept to most people.

Mystary!

Arcane
Can't say Im excited by the new champ, the original concept looked kinda cool:
attachment.php

But instead we get female Tryndamere riding Voliboar:
830px-Untitled-2_copy.jpg

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Had a game with the enemy team Nunu top that dominated against Katarina (yeah yeah she's bad)

Just a pedantic heads-up: Katarina is only bad in context. That is - any CC or über-burst and opponents with half a brain and she's quite horrible. But under the right circumstances she is one of the best champions in the League.

I'm not saying play her or anything because those circumstances are rarely there. Just never underestimate Katarina and if you're up against her take a look at your team-comp and say to yourself: "Will this get dangerous?" :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom