Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Also, I said Shyvana is extremely strong from the start. NOW she's going to be flavor of the month, long after the fact with no changes to her. Oh well.

Shyvana isn't extremely strong in my mind. She was used to good effect here, but there are better choices. The fact that she'll be FotM doesn't make her better.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Looking forward to the finals, I'm quite happy to see it's M5 vs TSM, one of the strongest "conservative" teams and a Russian meta-wrecking team, that succeeds with unorthodox plays. The competition needs more innovative teams like M5 to keep things interesting.
Yeah, the m5 games I watched were actually the most interesting games of lol I think I've ever seen.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
She has insane damage output though.

Yes and no. Renekton has too, and we saw how succesful he was. Look, my point is he's worked because they've had success pressing their advantage and playing very aggressively. Shut that down and the appeal of Shyvana disappears... a lot.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Shyv is rather good when it comes to being hard to kill and dealing damage, she's also one of the faster junglers. Her main problem is that she has 0 CC (apart from the displacement on her ult) and nothing that can help her catch up to the enemy (again apart from her ult). Honestly even WW can gank better pre-6 because he at least gets the movespeed buff from blood scent. If you already have champions with decent CC that can initiate and you just need a bulky fighter she's definitely not a bad pick.

What meta-crushing picks did M5 do exactly? I didn't watch IEM, I would watch the matches on my laptop but the shitty wireless bandwidth cap does not like streaming before midnight. And I'm too busy playing lol on my desktop to watch.

Also I fucking finally did it, and with a true :obviously: champion at that.

pentakog.jpg

:yeah:

Not as awesome as when I got a quadra by finishing off one guy with kog's passive a few months back. Vomiting lethal acid on people until they die is :incline:. Also I got fed in lane despite being against urgot, got a nice FB off him. With the vayne nerfs I might as well play Kog more even if all the fucking sivir boomerangs are starting to get on my nerves in bot lane. And to think people bitched her rework is a nerf just like with GP when his passive got changed.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Shyv is rather good when it comes to being hard to kill and dealing damage, she's also one of the faster junglers. Her main problem is that she has 0 CC (apart from the displacement on her ult) and nothing that can help her catch up to the enemy (again apart from her ult).

Actually, as I said above, that is not her main problem as far as I see it. Her main problem is that she deals 0 damage in late game. At this point other tanky champs like Amumu can build AP to deal damage or failing that at least have insane kits that compensate for lack of damage. Shyvana's kit is worthless late-game. Her immortality at this point is the only thing she's got, and lots of champs have this late game AND can do other stuff.

She's big when utilized like she is in that tourney, but I dislike her all the same.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Whats wrong with her damage late game? The effect her passive has on her double attack skill basically means it functions like a built in crit- bonus damage that scales with AD,AS,and any other on attack shit except crits. How is that unfavourable compared to say, GP? If they're both kitted out in the best gear possible, Shyv should crush him 1v1.

The main problem I see with her is that she's too easy to kite. She can chase people with burnout and her ult but she has no disable of any kind, so anyone with a blink or some barrier to run through will fuck her over, as will any heavy slows.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Wow, Grunker finally said something retarded. Shyvana does immense amount of damage late game, her only real weakness is a lack of crowd control.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Wow, Grunker finally said something retarded.

The damage part might be retarded, but I base my view in this instance on the many times I've played against her and have been very 'meh'. However, you committed retardation yourself in that post:

her only real weakness is a lack of crowd control.

GP shares her lack of "hard" Crowd control (he has really nice slows, granted, but his slows are partially gainable by Shyvana through items) but makes up for it with an otherwise really good kit. His W is particularly nasty late game, E isn't bad and the ult is fine. Crowd Control is a definitive ++ but it is not a requirement if your kit is otherwise decent. Shyvana's is not, in the late game.

I might have seen her used wrongly, and of course I admit that I might not be right. When I call someone out in this thread for retarded opinions it's because they are so sure of themselves without having researched alternatives. I'm not cocksure (that word makes me :lol: by the way), but to be turned I need more evidence. I saw little of AUVSAM-Shyv in yesterday's games that I couldn't have seen other champs do - champs that could make it to late-game better.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I'm referring to her ganking potential before she gets phage or frozen mallet, because Shyvana needs to be played as a jungler in most scenarios (she doesn't beat many top laners). Gangplanks passive combined with red combined with E make it much easier for him to gank than Shyvana.

Mystary!

Arcane
M5 said in the interview that Shyvana wasn't the best jungler, the guy playing her just preferred her style. And I think because she is rather underplayed others have a hard time judging her damage output and and clear speed which of course can be worth more than a stronger, more predictable champion.
So her popularity is bound to increase after this tournament, for while, but once people get used to her others will fill her role better.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Third place match is starting right now. Zenon always sounds like a complete idiot compared to Phreak, who makes quite a few mistakes himself. Kind of sad that the best commentating comes from when the likes of Elementz and Chaox get to do it.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Ocelot just got dunked for first blood by that jarvan leona kill lane lolol

edit: oh lord, dat duo mid lane

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
M5 said in the interview that Shyvana wasn't the best jungler, the guy playing her just preferred her style. And I think because she is rather underplayed others have a hard time judging her damage output and and clear speed which of course can be worth more than a stronger, more predictable champion.
So her popularity is bound to increase after this tournament, for while, but once people get used to her others will fill her role better.

This is the only thing I'm saying.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Outplayed first game. Completely outplayed. Fuck Skarner. Useless as always. Trundle would eat Shyvana for breakfast.

Mystary!

Arcane
M5 completly out played TSM in the first one, fun to watch but almost felt bad for TSM, they had no idea what was going on, always one step behind.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Indeed. m5 completely outplayed TSM first game, then got completely outplayed the second game.

Third game should be interesting.

Mystary!

Arcane
Yeah, but TSM didnt really improve their game, it felt more as if M5 were too over confident, they gave away 2 kills in a fail invade attempt and just continued doing questionable things, kept making mistakes, and TSM capitlized on it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom