Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
lol

like fizz amirite

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
noobs qq when they get raped cause they suck.

More news on page 111.

Case in point: Kassadin.

I dread the day when Riot will finally cave in and totally stomp Kassadin's shit just because there are all those dumbfucks yelling 'omg kassa so op'

Jesus christ, does HSGG ever stop bugging out? A streamer I watch a good bit (YangFuShang) got put against him in a Ranked just a little bit ago, Hotshot dies a few times and never stops bitching afterward. It seems like any time I manage to see him in a game through another caster, it's the same thing then too.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ziggs is like bomber Teemo. A pain is the ass.

So far today its been retard day and lets play a champ first time in ranked-day. Holy shit.

Oh, and I dont have a EUW account, soz.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It's on EU Nordic and East that the shit is going down Phage.

Also, in almost 100 solo queue games I haven't heard a single word of russian or polish.

Yeah, there was much to be afraid of alright.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
1369 elo this morning
1306 now
Shit.

Btw, Grunker is right, it seems that all the non english speaking playerbase moved to EUW.

Hellraiser

Arcane
What kind of eldricht ritual did you have to perform to do that Grunker? I need to know even if the effects are just temporary. Almost every time I see someone speaking potato in solo queue I have this sudden urge to start building gas chambers and initiate a great purge of the untermensch. It's almost as if 90% of those people were complete dumbfucks incapable of any sort of mental task more complex than typing "UR MOM" and "NOOB FAG" in polish after being as useless as possible to their team obviously. They make the bioboards look intelligent and cultured. Bunch of fucking savages that should have never left the treetops.

At least while the russians are most likely doing the same I can't fucking understand them.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'm talking about ranked, of course. Normal solo queue is abound with all sorts of stupid shit, including loads of nordic and eastern language, but who plays normal games without homeboys?

Mystary!

Arcane
Yesterday I started at 1300, won one reached 1313, lost two, then won one again, ended up with 1301.

I thought the russians got their own server a while back, or did I imagine it?

You probably heard the news regarding the Russian launch of LoL. Sadly this does not mean that they make a separate Russian server, but rather that they will write the client in Russian and shits. Sadly, this will mean more Russians on EUNE....

Luckily they will start at low levels, and in the time they will take to level up to my level, I plan to get much higher than most Russians can ever hope to reach (1300).

Mystary!

Arcane
On the more prestigious EUNE we've got (fairly active) Mystary, AzaelBro, Darth Roxor, Elboo, Herostratus, Jim Cojones, Jaedar The Great, Grunkerman, regect.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I play a whole bunch but not so often with the Codexian bros. They seem to be online a lot though.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
On the more prestigious EUNE we've got (fairly active) Mystary, AzaelBro, Darth Roxor, Elboo, Herostratus, Jim Cojones, Jaedar The Great, Grunkerman, regect.

I was pleasantly surprised with my ping on the EU-West server (I live on the East coast of USA). I'm fairly scared of what my EU-East ping would be

Just kidding my ping is lower than most people in-game on EU-East. Wtf kind of internet are they running?

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Accepted, mr. KWAN OVERLORD :)
It was 3am over here when you posted last time so not alot of bros are online at that time.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Holy shit im pissed. Is this a new thing that people claim to be pros with usually 3-500 more than me and then feed and ragequit like a motherfucker.
I had Ziggs feeding 0-4 and then quit and Yorick that cant sustain shit feeding Akali 6 kills, both claiming theyre here cause of leavers. Take your pro ass and gtfo of my elo.

Well markman, you don't beat that wukong that lost the top lane hard... To Dr Mundo. That was incidentally the same game the bros have seen me ragin about for quite a while, where I spammed "plz guard the red, it's shaco, he will jungle invade" for a full minute with no response, and where I almost died to a shaco nest early on because of the extremely predictable jungle invade.

Also Phage, EUNE and UEW servers are hosted the same place. And it wouldn't make much difference either way, because Europe is not very big:

TEXAS%252BEUROPE%252BSIZE%252BCOMPARISON%252BMAP.jpg

So on my eternal quest to win in Ranked with every Champion, I currently have 4 Champions on my list: Nasus, Akali, Maokai and Swain.

It being Solo Q, you get your whole array of idiots spamming "me gp top" the moment the game starts, so getting that spot yourself requires a combination of patience and being higher on the pick list - which will probably mean you get counterpicked, which is fun.

That I'm not the best on top doesn't really help, and that I'm almost entirely clueless on who counters who is a lot worse.

First on my list: Nasus. What is the Codex's opinion on the dog? I have a soft spot in my heart for Nasus and think he is quite undrerrated. I haven't really seen it recommended anywhere but my preference is to max Wither first - mostly because it makes ganks against low mobility opposition almost guaranteed, as well as protecting you in turn, which is meant to be one of his biggest weaknesses. Also - Wriggle's Lantern - y/n?

wriggle on nasus is shit. You already have life steal, if you want armor you could get a glacial shroud, which helps you get mana as well. Nothing on your kit synergizes with high damage items, so building AD is shit too. Search for Hyfe nasus guide for the authoritative guide.

Nasus overall though, is kinda meh. Farm like a madman for 20 minutes then emerge fairly strong, but... There are so many ways to counterpick him. If you pick him anything but last its GG against someone that knows how to spin to win.

29/35% Lifesteal is a significant amount for every last hit. 20% is kind of meh. Armour is alwyas good vs your usual AD bruiser top. Attack Damage is... meh. Proc isn't needed - but always handy to have when you need to kill that Baron very quick or want to push hard for some reason. Free ward, always available, is simple amazing and the only real reason to get this item.

I'm not saying it's optimal, but I think it's worth a look at. It's a great laning item with great stats for its price. Worth delaying your Triforce, Chainmail and Philosophers Stone? Not so sure.

I've read that guide and, while very useful, I don't agree with it on all points.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom