Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Lupus

Liturgist
Sivir

• Boomerang Blade
    • Damage reduced to 60/105/150/195/240 from 70/115/160/205/250
    • Bonus attack damage ratio reduced to 1.0 from 1.1
  • On The Hunt
    • Movement speed bonus reduced to 20% from 25%
    • Duration reduced to 10 from 15

Some major :decline: right here. Why do they keep buffing "dead" champs to Tier 1 only to nerf them back down again when they proove to be worth playing?
That's hardly a nerf IMO, maybe they shouldn't reduce duration of her ultimate, but right now she is the best AD carry, scales well into late game and has decent early-mid game. AFAIR she was picked or banned in almost every match during last two tournaments and CLG.eu said, that if they can't get her in first pick they will ban her just because they don't want to deal with her. I see this nerf as Riot's way too make whiners shut up. They will move on to another carries, however people who understand how she works will continue to play her. Just wait for next tournaments.

Also Ahri is good, she falls late game, but she is monster early and mid game a moment she gets her ultimate.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Morg has 0.1 less scaling on her ult.

Sivir gets a major nerf on the ult (the duration means a lot for chases and pushing, as does the movement-speed nerf), and flat damage nerf on all levels on her boomerang as well as 0.1 less scaling (on AD, I might add, where less scaling has a harder impact). On top of this boomerang is Sivir's bread and butter in lane, the ultra-high damage was the only thing keeping her in the game vs. high sustain or heavy protection. Graves + Soraka, anyone?

I don't see how the two are comparable.

Jokes aside, does she need one? From my observations, she is pretty good early to mid, but falls off a little late game. I'd say she's rather balanced right now, although I haven't played her.

I think she does. Not a scaling buff, that would probably send her through the roof - if she was buffed on her scaling it should be in minor amounts.

No I think the best way to go about it is a HP buff and slight movement speed buff. She's simply not worth it over strong mid picks, which I personally think is a shame because I like her design a lot. Right now her ult used offensively is just pretty self-defeating; she can't get away after going in due to low MS and low health, but she wants to because of the damage output (though it isn't fantastic).

I will admit however that the pros seem to agree you should skill W first now, and I haven't done that much so I want to play her with that a bit before making a final judgment. But she IS tricky, so I'm not harboring grudges. Ranged Taunt + True Damage + Weird AoE + GetOutOfJailCard ult... it's hard to balance.

I was very sad they hit the ult with a nerf too, since it meant her horrific movement-speed became an ever bigger handicap.

Hellraiser

Arcane
The Sivir nerf was expected. She has bullshit zoning potential but IMO they should just increase the mana cost or CD.The base damage nerf was maybe justified but they shouldn't touch that scaling while nerfing base damage on the boomerang at the same time. The movespeed nerf on the ult was needed. Movespeed makes or breaks teamfights and frankly Sivir's ult was broken because of that. Also it provided her with a derpy escape. Between that and the spellshield she's already hard to focus in team fights. That and they nerfed Vayne's movespeed bonus so it was kind of obvious Sivir would be next.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
By the way, I am definetely buying Ziggs. He looks really fun to play. I love "standard" mages, and he looks like one of those but with plenty of fun mechanics on top.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Probably between midnight and tomorrow morning. The same time they always patch the European servers after they patch the Kwanzanian.

Oh and I do agree that Ziggs' grin will inflict additional butthurt after you kill someone.

Dark Matter

Prophet
Fuck yeah, Shyvana on sale soon. Time to go M5 on people's asses.

Regarding the patch, I like Ashe's buffs but I hope they're still planning on doing something about her useless passive.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Wukong stronk. Works really well with people with a clue. 4-1 in ranked now with him. Coulda won the fifth one too if our top player didnt pick Nasus when seeing that they picked Rubmle. y u no come gank? It was ofcourse junglers fault for him feeding Rumble 3 early kills. And Nasus counters Rumble any day. right
I changed monkeys masteries a bit, now 19/11/0 instead of regular 9/21/0 mode, and removed some armpen and attackspeed runes and put some damage runes. Hits harder early game.

And M5 is a really good diverse team. Tank Urgot, AD Kennen, carry Shyvana, Mordekaiser as fav pick. My kind of team. Really like em and their style of play. Always in yo face. Always a blast watching them.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
First impressions:

Ziggs is fucking fun!

Cooldowns soooooooo huge

Damage output seems OK

Ult scaling OP :O

Ult random on long ranges

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
No Ahri buff. They can suck my dick they can.

You are aware they nerfed Ahri last patch, right..? One of the devs said before that they were planning on nerfing her in small increments until they got her to where they wanted her.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Played Viktor a bit and it seems that the changes did help, the activation time on W in particular. It is not as annoyingly easy to miss with it as it was before.They should still make the gravity field stay even after your die for the full duration. Cho's rupture stays why the hell Viktor's W doesn't? I can understand his ult not staying but his W should, hell even veigar's event horizon stay IIRC.

That death ray hitbox still needs fixing though. The missile speed on Q is real fast now, you are not guaranted you will get shielded before the counterattack spell hits you but it is a lot more likely that you will. He still needs a buff on his cores and maybe slightly reduced cooldowns.

So I herd GP was supposed to counter mordekaiser top. When I tried this, I got pwnd :/ what is the counter to morde top?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Brains :troll:

Honestly, in my opinion, best "hard" counters to Mordekaiser top/mid is Brand, Corki, Swain, Talon and OH MY GOD NIDALEE ;)

Hellraiser

Arcane
Ryze worked well against morde mid in my experience. But the best counter to morde mid is getting blue for your mid and letting him spam spells at the shielded asshole. Morde is overall bullshit because his design encourage mindless spell spam. Other mages would either run out of mana and energy and have everything on CD which would leave them vulnerable to countattacks. Morde however gets his shield which prevents you from punishing him that way. If you want to hit him you have an extremely short window of opportunity. The only other option is hoping that his constant pushing will lead to overextending and thus a successful gank from your jungler. Morde has no escapes that along with his lack of CC is his main weakness.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Ryze is really good too yeah :)

Generally Ryze is a good investment because he surprise-rapes a lot of good champs.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Yeah ryze while being a dps mage can put out a shitload of damage quickly. People also forget he can blast them again very quickly so they derp around while having spells on cooldown after their burst while ryze just rapes them further. This gives him a very good advantage especially if he has spellvamp (WOTA is godly on Ryze) to heal between the enemy cooldowns. He is also deceptively tanky. Unsurprisingly he is on the riot to nerf list.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I think he's pretty fun to play, but then again, if it's mid and deals magic damage I like it...

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I hate Ryze because he always seems like such a useless weakling so I grow careless around him until he finally lands rune prison and then I start raging.

Mystary!

Arcane
One of my favourites, got a rune page especially for him. He counters almost everything, because of the cooldowns like you mentioned, if you see them waste a spell on a minion you get free harass because they wont have it up again in like 5 seconds. In team fights normal mages stay back waiting for the opportunity to blow their load and hope everything dies then backs off again, Ryze plays more like an AD carry, always repositioning, sticking to targets, spamming out consistant damage, just makes him feel so much more dynamic than other mages.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Unsurprisingly he is on the riot to nerf list.

Source of this? Because Ryze has been terrorizing the competitive scene for a few months now with no nerfs in sight (aside from the WotA nerf, which hurts the likes of Vladimir/Kennen more anyways)

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Brains :troll:

Honestly, in my opinion, best "hard" counters to Mordekaiser top/mid is Brand, Corki, Swain, Talon and OH MY GOD NIDALEE ;)

I always rape the shit out of Mordekaiser with Malzahar. Malefic visions to get his shield down -> null zone/nether grasp combo = HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUE

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom