Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So... Battlefield Series.. Not what I expected..

Castanova

Prophet
30 seconds is enough to fiddle with one class. Unfortunately, I switch classes throughout the match as the situation dictates so the 30 seconds isn't enough. Especially since it doesn't seem to remember some of your loadout choices after you switch servers.

Mystary!

Arcane
Yeah retarted cant even do it while dead because of the killcam. Same with graphical options.

JrK

Prophet
Hmm, now that you mention it my camo option seems to be reset every time I restart the game. Rest of the unlocks get saved though.

MCA
If you regret your purchase and bought it from Origin, it looks like you can get a refund:

I had an interesting chat with a bloke called Avnish at on EA’s livechat help service last night. I wanted to see if I could get a refund on BF3 (despite having bought a retail version), or get it swapped for a different game. Sadly I couldn’t. Still, I did glean some worthwhile information. Here’s a slice of the conversations:

Avnish: May I know from where you have purchased the game?
Lewie: Tesco
Avnish: If you want a refund please contact your retailer.
Lewie: Tesco don’t give refunds on unsealed games though
Avnish: We are sorry as you have purchased the game form third party retailer we can not provide you refund.
Lewie: is there anything you can do? Maybe let me swap it for a different game on Origin?
Avnish: No.
Lewie: but if I had bought it through origin, you’d have given me a refund?
Avnish: Yes.
Lewie: is that a standard policy or something, only I wasn’t aware you offered refunds on origin games, and it might be a factor in when I consider buying EA games in the future
Avnish: Yes, we refund games that are purchased through Origin.

All I had said was I wanted a refund because I was disappointed with the game, not that it was faulty or anything.

Useful information, no doubt. If there are any games you’d consider buying from Origin, but would like to have the option of a refund if you don’t like it, I suppose this would work for you. I didn’t find out how long you’d have to get a refund, presumably there is a limit to how long they would let you try a game. This would also be useful if there is a game that you aren’t totally sure how well it will run on your system.

Let me know if you have any trouble with trying to get a refund on any Origin purchases. Does anyone know any other DD outlets that offer refunds?
http://savygamer.co.uk/2011/10/31/ea-of ... purchases/

Also, if you're in UK, you should be able to get a refund regardless of who, where, etc. :

GJ7Qf.png

source

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I went to some german server with 200 ms ping, but it turns out...it's not that bad. I could kill shit, and people aren't as hardcore as in S.E.A lol. I end up pissing this rank 36 dude for stealing his kill too many times and he TK'ed me. First time I was TK'ed in BF3 for this retarded reason.

Apparently Razor1911 released a BF3 MP version for people who own legal copies and want to play without Origin. Could this be the answer to some of your problems?

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
RK47 said:
I went to some german server with 200 ms ping, but it turns out...it's not that bad. I could kill shit, and people aren't as hardcore as in S.E.A lol. I end up pissing this rank 36 dude for stealing his kill too many times and he TK'ed me. First time I was TK'ed in BF3 for this retarded reason.

I haven't played on a server with FF on yet. Most "TK" incidents are assholes who only use helicopters as quick transport and bail out right before crashing into a IFV.

MCA
Multidirectional said:
Apparently Razor1911 released a BF3 MP version for people who own legal copies and want to play without Origin. Could this be the answer to some of your problems?

Could anyone test/confirm this? If it works, I'm starting downloading now.

Cassidy

Arcane
JrK said:
I'd wait until we get some sort of guarantee the whole shebazz doesn't get you banned.

If I were that desperate for popamole, I'd get a refund if I could, never touch Origin again and then get the DRM-Free version for free to run in "alternate" but dedicated servers.

Buying something and then being afraid of losing it because you can't add mods to it or because you don't want to feel being fucked in the ass every time you try to make it work while EA is getting your personal information for profits.

I'm not an idiot so even if it was an impressive and PC-exclusive multiplayer FPS I'd have refused.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
There is a crack for the LEgal version to be able to play Without Origin.

Ah old news apparently. I don't know if it works.

Code:
 Notes
 ~~~~~
 Razor1911 doesn't accept and support the online DRM "Origin" from EA.

This release is dedicated to our fans worldwide who bought this game on
 legal way and don't want to install the trojan from Electronic Arts to play
 online.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
The server update seems to have eliminated both lag and crashes during play for me. Still some crashes during load but far less as well. Basically the first server I hit sometimes crashes and afterwards they load fine. Apart from that it seems to run pretty flawlessly for me atm as well.

Tried my hand at jets because I was afraid that if I did not get countermeasures, heatseekers and some experience now that I would never be able to do afterwards as the jetboys seem to be taking over the skies again. Glad I did as without the lag flying is a treat. Heatseekers are defenitely not the overpowered weapons I feared as they take forever to lock on as well. Do play with a joystick or gamepad though. Flying with the mouse is crap. Had a few fun games and after setting up the gamepad controlls to my liking and getting used to the flight mechanics it became pretty easy to gather some points. Either you run into a guy who knows what he is doing and have a tough fight or you get another clueless newbie and then it's all about hitting them a few times before they crash themselves in order to get a few points. :lol:

RK47

Patron
I managed to connect to the servers you frequent trash and got a few good rounds out of it. We should try playing some time. Quite funny how it wasn't that bad of a lag all the way to Germany.

And fuck hardcore servers. IR scopes rapes this sort of map to oblivion.

JrK

Prophet
FUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :rage:

Every single server I been to the last two days has quickly turned into one team steamrolling the other up to spawn. I ain't playing bad either, having kdr > 1.5 and/or topping the losing team, but fuck this is annoying. Games ain't fun when enemy is outflanking you at every turn and you just don't have the manpower to stop anything.

DakaSha

Arcane
still playing the shit out of this. there are some really obvious problems that piss me off though. even little things like: why does the map not show the letter of the m-com station or flag?
why the fuck can i not designate an attack or defend order on a flag im standing on?

This shit really ads up.

Btw i managed to (by mistake and luck) land a jet PERFECTLY on a strip of paved road on caspian border right ion front of a whole squad of enemy troops. I freaked out and took off again. Its too bad that faggot ps3 doesnt have some form of chat because i would have loved to read the reaction

Steve

Augur
Bought BF3 last sunday, Already have 14 hours played and got my first Jet service star today.
Damn this game can be a lot of fun.

Joghurt

Augur
I hate that I can't invert my mouse in helicopter controls without inverting the jet controls. BF2 had the option to invert for each of them. This shit only let's you invert both. Now I have to go to options menu each time I get into a Jet or a helicopter

:x

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I absolutely hate it when the single crash of the evening is during the best game of the evening. Fuck that.

And I suck at choppers. Absolutely suck at them. Any tips?

RK47

Patron
It's really difficult to get chopper practice in, my advice is to get a friend to co-op with you and replay that heli mission to have some flight hours without the hassle of queueing or camping the heli in live maps.

You tend to be targeted like crazy and totally dependent on your gunner being sharp in dispatching targets. Once you have a good gunner, you generally feel confident in swooping down on target rich target and take down those stinger toting infantry with impunity like most elite pilots do.

Not saying that I'm one, but that's my general experience with them. A good heli is a nightmare for ground infantry, much more so than a jet.

JrK

Prophet
Trash said:
Get a good gunner/pilot. If you want to rack up points first to get unlocks go gunner, it's easy. Keep spotting ground targets and hope your pilot managed to keep you alive. Infantry are OHK almost with the heli gun. Against tanks, use combo of gun + pilot rockets and you'll take one down in one go. Remember to try to give your gunner the best shot, don't attack with your rockets unless targeting a vehicle OR the gunner has a good shot too.

RK47 said:
It's really difficult to get chopper practice in, my advice is to get a friend to co-op with you and replay that heli mission to have some flight hours without the hassle of queueing or camping the heli in live maps.
NO! The chopper in that map is WAY slower than the MP choppers. Besides you don't get real resistance in that mission so the only thing it is good for is actually learning to fly without crashing. If you are in that mission, try circle strafing and going fast while just inches above the ground.

You tend to be targeted like crazy and totally dependent on your gunner being sharp in dispatching targets. Once you have a good gunner, you generally feel confident in swooping down on target rich target and take down those stinger toting infantry with impunity like most elite pilots do.
The key to staying alive as chopper pilot is to fly low and only go high when you know you are safe. Jets are your main enemy, their guns will kill you fast and you have almost no counter. Anti-air missiles work though. With a good gunner you can use the enemy's ground-to-air attacks to locate them as soon as they fire, and have the gunner rip them to sheds. Make sure they fire no more than once because your flares need recharge.

I see way to many pilots that go super-high as soon as they are in a chopper, but that makes you the prime target. Instead, use the heli like a super fast tank that can go up if necessary. Conversely I've been piloting with a lot of stupid gunners, that prefer to target enemies way to the side when the real danger is in front (to which I position myself as pilot...).

TL;DR Pilots need to fly low and use cover, gunners need to have situational awareness and spot.

Steve

Augur
Trash said:
I absolutely hate it when the single crash of the evening is during the best game of the evening. Fuck that.

Get a good pilot and a gunner(both should be on somekind of voip), coordinate with jets to take down the AA tanks(you need bros for this), fly low and use geometry and buildings to take cover from locks.

Is it me or have they nerfed jihad jeeps?

DakaSha

Arcane
Both choppers and jets are death traps until you get flares. At least until you learn to actually dodge locks.
Once you have flares its fairly easy to stay in the air indefinitely.
Thing is later you get other shit you may want to use in place of flares at which point i guess your gonna need to learn how to dodge :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom