Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, you're to cool for Oblivion? Why?

Chefe

Erudite
I'm sorry. My school counselor was right, I really am a loser.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Why doesn't anyone like Chefe, he is pretty funny?

Fire Emblem's for the GBA are pretty good, as good as the GC one. Its not deep or complex or even overly strategic, but pretty good games. I wish there was more too them, but as is they are good games too play while taking a shit. But I also liked lotr: 3rd age for GBA and most didn't for some reason. Besides being forced to fight some of the won battles over for experience, that was a very difficult and strategic game imo. Of course, compared to great tbs's like x-com/ufo's and the JA's they are pure crap. But for consoles they aren't bad at all. If you want a really fun action game get Zelda the Minish Cap. Uses the four sword/GGA link to the past engoine (or looks like it at least) and has too many jumping puzzles, but still is realy fun.

There is also an EoB for the GBA that is TB. It is pretty good but nothing mind blowing, I liked 1 and 2 better. Even 3. The TB combat was pretty week IMO.

Chefe

Erudite
Roqua said:
Why doesn't anyone like Chefe, he is pretty funny?
Because I'm too avant garde for this shit.

Like on a whole 'nother level, man.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I was emailed this link where some fella was bragging about "taking some of those Codex kids pre Oblivion launch". I thought that the Codex kids deserve to know. :salute:
http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.ph ... 37&page=10

This is half the reason I'll take my ass up to RPGCodex and rip those wankers a new hole for bashing Bethesda. It's not that they're good, but they're of a dying breed. If you love western RPGs you have to support them. Otherwise, the market may mistake your personal bias for general RPG apathy.

ps: here's me taking some of those Codex kids pre Oblivion launch.

http://rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic....669&highlight=

I share not to gloat but to add some solid examples of how much hate some people have for bethesda. You think some of us are bad? Hell, read only a handful of replies to me at that link.

Fez

Erudite
His link is broken and there is no posts by that username here either. I am still waiting for that new hole to be ripped here.

Vault Dweller

Developer
That's the copy-pasting error. The link points at this thread. Judging by the arguments, it's the guy who started this thread.

Fez

Erudite
I've read the first page and I'm still not feeling any new holes. Is it on the other pages or do I have to send off tokens for it?

Deleted member 7219

Oblivion is a good game. Not a great game, but not a bad game either.

As far as being an RPG, it's below average, but that doesn't mean it's not a good game. As a game, I found it far more engrossing and enduring than Fallout, but as an RPG it fails to come close.

I'd classify Oblivion as an action/adventure game with some RPG elements. I still like it even so, because unlike some of the kids here, I can play non-RPGs without having to whine about it.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Matt7895 said:
... unlike some of the kids here, I can play non-RPGs without having to whine about it.
You can? Really? That's amazing. We envy your self-control and determination.

Fez

Erudite
If people here hated non RPGs, why would there be all the strategy, FPS and adventure game talk too? The majority here have played lots of different games and often on a range of platforms over the years.

Mr Happy

Scholar
Its not like haileys commet or whatever, everybody gets ass pimples. Its not like I could get a camera in there anyway. This ones right in the gluteal fold so when a sit down at the computer it gets squeezed, man its painful. I'm trying to pop it now, so far without success.

Fez

Erudite
Pop it with only the sheer manly power of your butt clenching.

Mr Happy

Scholar
Thats what I'm trying to do, I need to develop sufficient ass clenching strength so that if, by chance, I "drop the soap", I would be able to crush the offending penis into oblivion with the fury of 1000 suns.

xedoc gpr

Scholar
Shame about that first poster, his username is a great piece of music.

It may suck as an rpg, but with a couple of mods installed, I generally find Oblivion pretty enjoyable.

Fez

Erudite
Mr Happy said:
Thats what I'm trying to do, I need to develop sufficient ass clenching strength so that if, by chance, I "drop the soap", I would be able to crush the offending penis into oblivion with the fury of 1000 suns.

dropthesoapitsatrapyh6.jpg

Good plan. You never know when it might come in handy.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Here is an amusing Oblivion review. The author is a compulsive liar (I can't think of any other explanation):
http://www.yougamers.com/reviews/2126_t ... _oblivion/

It is difficult for any game to live up to the sky-high expectations that arise from a series of unbelievable teaser videos and presentations, let alone for one that is the successor to a game that was unanimously favoured by the fans of it's genre. After Morrowind's success in 2002, the developers at Bethesda had a lot to prove, and luckily they not only created a game equally as good, they easily surpassed it!

Of all the RPG series around, only a handful can truly claim that they offer players true choice in how they want to shape their own experience.

Soon after looking around, the emperor, trying to flee with his loyal bodyguards, approaches your fetid hole and asks you to step aside, in order to get out through the secret passage that happens to have its entrance in your cell. After a brief discussion you are told that the Emperor had foreseen your future in his dreams. After this very promising prequel...

The combat mechanics are surprisingly responsive, with blocking moves and special attacks, all refined beyond what we could have hoped for after the rather weak combat system in Morrowind, whilst playing as an assassin makes games such as Thief and Splinter Cell somewhat envious.

The number of skills may overwhelm the player at first...

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Matt7895 said:
I'd classify Oblivion as an action/adventure game with some RPG elements. I still like it even so, because unlike some of the kids here, I can play non-RPGs without having to whine about it.
I also play - and (while not mandatory) enjoy - non-RPGs. I do like action-adventures, specifically good action adventures, especially with an interesting story. Unfortunately Oblivion fails to meet those minimum requirements by failing to provide decent gameplay or a good story.
Now I'll go play some GalCiv2 or maybe Supreme Commander to help me forget the fact that my copy of Stalker still hasn't arrived. This whole "I can play games that are not RPGs" meme has become stale, overused trite shit faster than light.

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
If I see one more Oblivion thread...

furrieseverywherepr1.jpg

furrrrbaaaaalllxh6.jpg

furballmassacrenr8.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom