Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Solasta: Crown of the Magister Primal Calling DLC Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Solasta: Crown of the Magister; Solasta: Crown of the Magister - Primal Calling; Tactical Adventures

The Primal Calling DLC for Solasta: Crown of the Magister was released today, adding barbarians, druids and half-orcs to the game, along with an expanded dungeon maker and other new features in the accompanying free update. In addition to the launch trailer, Tactical Adventures also put together a longer community video about the DLC, narrated as usual by our friend Myzzrym.

If you'd like to take a walk on the wild side in your next playthrough, the Primal Calling DLC for Solasta is available on Steam and GOG for $10. The full patch notes are available here. I wonder what the developers plan to do next.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Bad deal. Replaying with 2 extra classes is only worth it if you grab some mods for new content. If you grab mods you might aswell grab a mod for all 12 classes, and you don't need to pay for this.
I guess this is for people who want to throw the dev a dime for Solasta 2. If they keep the engine then the next game might start with 12 classes from launch.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bad deal. Replaying with 2 extra classes is only worth it if you grab some mods for new content. If you grab mods you might aswell grab a mod for all 12 classes, and you don't need to pay for this.
I guess this is for people who want to throw the dev a dime for Solasta 2. If they keep the engine then the next game might start with 12 classes from launch.

Yes, on the other hand, if they'd gated in more stuff with it (like the campaign editor) then people would have complained about that. It really is a "support the devs" DLC.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
A lot of those classes had already been fairly competently implemented by modders anyhow.

Barbarian in particular has had a decent modded implementation since the week of release.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

Yes, on the other hand, if they'd gated in more stuff with it (like the campaign editor) then people would have complained about that. It really is a "support the devs" DLC.

Had they made the 2 classes a free content update, and sold a homemade module for the campaign editor (dirt cheap to make) for the same price I would have purchased it.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Had they made the 2 classes a free content update, and sold a homemade module for the campaign editor (dirt cheap to make) for the same price I would have purchased it.
You sound picky.

But again, they already had me at the cat pics. I don't think I really count.

Humbaba

Arcane
Finally ported to mac. Still not buying until the autumn sale tho.

Your fault for buying games on release in this day and age tbqhwy.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
You sound picky.

But again, they already had me at the cat pics. I don't think I really count.

I just like money.

Um. I've paid more for parking than what this DLC goes for. I don't think the DLC is overpriced so much as the digital storefronts and perpetual sales have driven game prices down so hard that perceptions are distorted.

jac8awol

Arbiter
Lol that druid pic in the video cracks me up.
"Kick me out of the tribe will they? I don't need those sweaty jock barbarians anyway! I have everything I need right here in this awesome cave: hair straightening herbs, Linkin Park CDs.... Just you wait 'til I figure out how to summon a bear. They're all gonna pay, pay big!"

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
$10 for 2 classes and a race. :lol:

Kingmaker offered a new class, race, and companion with companion-centric content for $5. A separate mini-campaign and a roguelike mode for $7 each. Imagine willingly letting yourself get fleeced by the French.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Imagine treating $10 USD like a major budgeting decision. It's like a crappy lunch, day's parking, or two cups of coffee.

My backlog being what it is, these days I don't even bother paying for a full game unless I can get it for under or around $10. :M This isn't even a game, just a handful of additional features with pricing that isn't even remotely competitive compared to DLCs of other RPGs.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Imagine treating $10 USD like a major budgeting decision. It's like a crappy lunch, day's parking, or two cups of coffee.

My backlog being what it is, these days I don't even bother paying for a full game unless I can get it for under or around $10. :M This isn't even a game, just a handful of additional features with pricing that isn't even remotely competitive compared to DLCs of other RPGs.

Yeah, that makes sense to me. My backlog being what it is is because I lack that sort of self restraint. I'm trying to get a bit better until I catch up a bit more though.

Elex

Arbiter
I decided to buy even if solasta is in the backlog, because i like their approach to 5e and i hope larian look more at their work.

Last edited:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

Kingmaker offered a new class, race, and companion with companion-centric content for $5. A separate mini-campaign and a roguelike mode for $7 each. Imagine willingly letting yourself get fleeced by the French.

dlc adding checks for already implemented skills any time now

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

dlc adding checks for already implemented skills any time now
I'm still waiting for that kind of DLC for Blade of Destiny and Star Trail.
Since 1992.

I'd spend 10 bucks on that.

Acrux

Arcane
Does the game have a proper speed-up option by now or is it still wasting your time?

I don't know if there's a native option, but there's a newly updated Community Expansion mod that has speed contol for both exploration and combat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom