Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

Harthwain

Magister
Kinda a waste of development time that multiplayer thing, if i could gather a group like that on a whim, anytime, then i would not need any CRPG and just play the real thing.
To play the physical thing you need to agree on time and place. It's easier to gather a group of people on the internet.

Mortmal

Arcane
Kinda a waste of development time that multiplayer thing, if i could gather a group like that on a whim, anytime, then i would not need any CRPG and just play the real thing.
To play the physical thing you need to agree on time and place. It's easier to gather a group of people on the internet.
No need of that , you can play any virtual tabletop just fine. Multiplayer on solasta that's a waste of time , time that could be employed into designing a real dungeon.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Reading reviews that say the DLC campaign doesn't live up to the original is... both crushing and hilarious. The original campaign was utter dogshit, I can't imagine a campaign that is worse.

However, so far I'm enjoying the DLC. I did feel like I could take one or two of the bug-monsters in the dungeon, but decided to go with the story and flee. I really hate exploring the jungle maps, pushing over trees etc, but whatever. The combat encounters have been interesting, and I"m looking forward to completing this prologue and having the world open up.

New subclasses are also pretty interesting, Druid makes for a good healer, rogue can fight better, and my sorcerer has a special ability to terrify all the gorillas I've been fighting.

Speaking of which, any custom campaigns that the codex recommend?

I'm hopeful Solasta will have a lot of quality custom campaigns. I took a look at the tool and it shows a lot of promise.

Speaking of which, any custom campaigns that the codex recommend?
Ruins of Ilthismar , although the last part is kinda ruined , a slog with customized hp sponges.

Interesting, will have to check it out after the DLC campaign.

Last edited:

Sacibengala

Prophet
v8x27xmIkmTO.png

They didn't sold a lot of this one, did they?

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
Ruins of Ilthismar , although the last part is kinda ruined , a slog with customized hp sponges.

So I downloaded that one but can't play it, because it says I'm missing DLC. But it does not tell me which DLC I'm missing, which is mildly infuriating. Do I need the Primal Calling or the Lost Valley DLC? Or both?

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

So I downloaded that one but can't play it, because it says I'm missing DLC. But it does not tell me which DLC I'm missing, which is mildly infuriating. Do I need the Primal Calling or the Lost Valley DLC? Or both?

imagine not having all the DLCs for this masterpiece
:nocountryforshitposters:

DemonKing

Arcane
I'm enjoying it so far - the voice acting is still rubbish but the tactical combat is still good.

Hiding the Druid, Barbarian and Half-Orc behind a paywall sucks though.

v8x27xmIkmTO.png

Not to raise too much of a stink but that's from your recently achieved achievements on Steam, which tends to be out of date. If you check the global achievement percentages it's more recent and says 2.1% of Solasta players have rolled a barbarian which looks roughly on-par with number of people who've dipped their toe into the new campaign.
https://steamcommunity.com/stats/1096530/achievements/

Trying paladin/barbarian/druid/ranger as my party since they're all classes I didn't play the first time around. Healing's pretty well covered with paladin, druid, and a little bit of ranger, but I'm gonna regret not having arcane magic. Barbarian's also dangerously within the realm of suckage but I didn't want to roll a million times for perfect DEX and CON so no outrageous unarmored AC. Should get better with a level or two, though. Need more barbarian class stuff to move beyond "Angry naked dork with an axe".

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Not to raise too much of a stink but that's from your recently achieved achievements on Steam, which tends to be out of date. If you check the global achievement percentages it's more recent and says 2.1% of Solasta players have rolled a barbarian which looks roughly on-par with number of people who've dipped their toe into the new campaign.

Trying paladin/barbarian/druid/ranger as my party since they're all classes I didn't play the first time around. Healing's pretty well covered with paladin, druid, and a little bit of ranger, but I'm gonna regret not having arcane magic. Barbarian's also dangerously within the realm of suckage but I didn't want to roll a million times for perfect DEX and CON so no outrageous unarmored AC. Should get better with a level or two, though. Need more barbarian class stuff to move beyond "Angry naked dork with an axe".

Got a screenshot of that party? Sounds like an interesting group.

Sacibengala

Prophet
v8x27xmIkmTO.png

Actually I got it when I started the new DLC
1yDo0s0eA8Z7.png

Got a screenshot of that party? Sounds like an interesting group.
Not really anything TO screenshot since they're only second level now. Not enough differences in starting gear and powers and it's not like there's much in 5e for changing them up this early on.

paladin/barbarian/druid/ranger
Damn I think I'll swap out druid for fighter and do an all-martial run for this dlc.
All-martial might be cooler than having a druid in there because the new paladin subclass gets you more smacking power via aura later on. I forget the specifics off the top of my head but it was a solid few extra physical damage to all friendlies within 6 squares. I was considering working toward a dual wield ranger and keeping my party a little more melee to rely on that aura but I figured I should have one dedicated ranged-nerd in case they start throwing flying wizards or winged enemies at me again. Similarly the druid could shapeshift or take the pet buddy subclass to try to use the paladin's aura a bit more.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Not really anything TO screenshot since they're only second level now. Not enough differences in starting gear and powers and it's not like there's much in 5e for changing them up this early on..

Was looking for a laugh not to be impressed. Here are some Solastards that were near and dear to me.
jjqHBHN.jpeg

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron

In case anyone else is having this issue, I had a chat with the Author of the Campaign and apparently it's a bug introduced with the DLC that's supposed to be fixed soonish. But there's a workaround that let's you play it if you copy the files manually:

iuznox2r.jpg

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Between the point where you flee the dungeon due to the redeemer-bugs, to the point where you meet the foundry and cave in the skulls of some dire wolves, the game is insufferably bad. Absolutely fucking hate running around the forest knocking over trees and pushing bricks, literal shit tier gameplay and a complete waste of my time. The game is its own worst enemy; the mechanics are in place and they could be put to good use, but holy fuck the sheer incompetence of campaign designers. "Let's get the player to walk around the bush for half an hour, maybe have him crawl under a bunch of logs too" fuck you dickhead, this is like walking between towns in morrowind except infinitely more painful and you will never discover anything better than random flowers that I'll probably never use in your pathetic crafting system. If not for the map function I would have quit and uninstalled the game, I would rather die from stupid beetles in the prologue dungeon than jump back and forth over rivers for an hour.

After that though, I did have fun killing wolves and birds, and talking with a giant. Now I'm at the gates of the city. Will play some more later. I do like the hoodlum subclass; the ability to dash and attack is good, and I like using heavier weapons and armour. Like a second fighter, but more maneuverable and I get to pick locks etc.

Last edited:

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
"again"? if they fixed portraits i would at least try it for first time.

If only!
They've turned my dwarf into duergar.
At first I thought they went the LOTR ROP way, but it looks like the blackface is only applied to the only more or less serviceable dorf's mug model.

4ix4cOa.png

Myzzrym what gives?!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom