Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline some braindead fucking moron merging and moving threads again

Codex Referendum

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm still waiting for that perfect Blobber/ Visual Novel hybrid. You know, like you gotta roll 60 bonus points to create a step sister class as opposed to the basic sister class.

Mustawd

I'm still waiting for that perfect Blobber/ Visual Novel hybrid. You know, like you gotta roll 60 bonus points to create a step sister class as opposed to the basic sister class.

Planet-Stronghold-Combat.jpg

game07.jpg

45211429-romancechoice.jpg
tumblr_inline_ndytz7aLiT1rtrpth.png
tumblr_inline_ndyuwnIci91rtrpth.png

When I came back to gaming I accidentally played this for a couple of hours before I realized it was a dating sim. I didn't even know there were such things back then. I was just having fun with the blobber part.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Oh yeah. You won that contest, didn't you?

I seem to recall that there were two winners, myself and someone else who was making a really ambitious full-scale RPG (if I'm remembering correctly). I wonder what became of that one. Mine was more of a Codex in-joke.

Mortmal

Arcane
Excidium II

Ok. I accept your opinion. It is a very difficult game and it was intentionally designed for lovers of true RPGs with incredible dungeons. However gaming is not objective; either you like it or you don't. What I want to inform you about is that if the quality of the game was the primary indicator for the game to receive coverage on the front-page then the front-page would be empty as more than half of the games covered on the front-page are mediocre non-RPGs. In fact you need only look at the front-page right now to find that more than half of it is about non-RPGs and/or RTwP games.

So good on you if you don't like traditional Wizardry mechanics, but don't confuse one thing with another. A game's quality has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not it is covered.

That's for sure the quality does not matter for cover, Bastard bonds for exemple .The very strong points are pixel art aesthetics, the lore and lewdness but beyond that there's really nothing . Its barely a rpg, the combat is always the same from start to begining. It has some lewdnes and gayness , codex approved! He gave use keys,Lets put it on curator list . it does not go beyond that .Not horrible but would you advise it at 20 euros... I bet even at IGN they spend more time on the games they recommend.

As for elminage, theres many details wich sums up and are very detrimental to the fun. First the character leveling, gaining negative stats ruining any planning of hybrid classses is not a good thing. The Automap with limited uses, i had to help people Hex edit their saves to make it less unsufferable. So many random encounters, so many.. one every 2 steps , far too repetitive. The loot and inventory system, ton of junk with very limited inventory space.Ton of backtracking, i could go on and on.
I had a lot more fun playing sword and sorcery underworld another of those "JRPG".

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Create a blobber forum with aweigh as moderator so that he can promote these games to his heart's content.

:mrpresident:
Make the Codex grognard again!

Mortmal

Arcane
Sword and Sorcery Underworld was based on Might and Magic games. If that is JRPG, I don't even know what JRPG is anymore.

Yep thats why i used " " cause you could say the same for elminage or stranger of sword city WIzardry inspired but in the same forumthan final fantasy 15 or dark souls.
You are new here 2014 , so i'll tell you codex history . Once upon a time every RPG were discussed in GRPG . It was a big mess with mostly bethesda and bioware threads with everything else hidden.
Some guy made a big donation to the dex and was appointed moderator , he enforced his views on others , absolutely hating JRPG,mostly contributing every threads with one liners and "this is not a rpg" . Thus the JRPG subforum was created. A mix of ego , lazyness and stupidity made games like dark souls , final fantasy and made in japan wizardries coexist in the same JRPG weebo forum.

Mustawd

So, OP, you're saying that transparency is a bad thing...

fedorabot1_zpshhq3td0s.png

You never did get it fedorabot. Now look at you. All busted up inside. Leaking fluid. Where's your metallic god now, huh? What use are your mod powers when you can't type with two robot arms because I ripped one off?

Are we going to do this all day or is there going to be any action taken on these transparent chicken ads?!!

Viata

Arcane
Well, I was sure that for JRPG, as long as it is made in Japan, it's JRPG. So Dark Souls, FF, SoSC and japanese wiz-clone goes there. But SaS-U was not made in Japan. That is why I posted that.

Edit:

Some guy made a big donation to the dex and was appointed moderator
I guess you telling that steam curator is being bribed is not a lie, after all.

Mustawd

I seem to recall that there were two winners, myself and someone else who was making a really ambitious full-scale RPG (if I'm remembering correctly).

We'll never now since it won't get posted to the News Bulletin or the Front Page :M

Mortmal

Arcane
Well, I was sure that for JRPG, as long as it is made in Japan, it's JRPG. So Dark Souls, FF, SoSC and japanese wiz-clone goes there. But SaS-U was not made in Japan. That is why I posted that.

Edit:

Some guy made a big donation to the dex and was appointed moderator
I guess you telling that steam curator is being bribed is not a lie, after all.
The mod i am mentioning is not infinitron , but yes curators are being bribed, remember after siege of dragonspear heavy coverage , every beamdogs games were immediately and suddendly added to the curator list. Those are just cheap reskin of popular classics. Some marketing money goes to youtubers , blogs etc, why not a newsposter on the dex ? That really started when they promoted might and magic X , it was just so obvious .One day a list of marketing expenses will leak and you will find a list of names again, then you will say that was the thing the oldfart was talking about !!! :)

Thats why they dismiss it like a joke , but the curator list is set in stone, firmly locked and administered.Little bribes from little indies for now , hoping for big bribes from big publisher one day.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I didn't make a LARGE donation to the codex, and also I play jRPG's... so that's not me.

BRB back to Final Fantasy VIII (the BEST Final Fantasy!)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom