Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Something wicked this way comes..

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
OMFG! NEW CODEX, BABY!

Well, it's not totally done, and not exactly ready for full public loving, but I figured I'd share it with you guys.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Why do you hate current design so much?
Because it was made by Exitium?
I find it very eye-comforting and quite stylish.

Please, at least give us the option of changing skins.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
mEtaLL1x said:
Why do you hate current design so much?

I think you're missing the fundamental and quite important fact that the link I posted in this thread is NOT a link to a new RPG Codex design. The URL should have tipped you off that's not RPG Codex. The news on there should have been a hint as well. Most of all, the big words "TYCOON CODEX" at the top of the page should have been a good indicator.

Hory

Erudite
NOT COMIC SANS!!!

BTW, the current situation in the tycoon genre is even more pathetic than that in role-playing, so T.C. is going to suck because there will always be just crappy news on it.

Thorndyke

Novice
The basic layout is okay, I even like the cholor scheme, but two things are a bit annoying.

First: It's been said before, I say it again: No ComicSans please. That font is the Antichrist, really.

Second: There seems to be something wrong with the upper corners. In the top right corner I can see a piece of imagery which doesn't look like it belongs there (part of the coin image, I guess). And in the top left corner there's a (supposedly unwanted) gap between the coin image and the actual border of the site. Maybe you should check your margin and padding settings.

I use Opera 7.54, btw.

RGE

Liturgist
That was some horrid colour scheme over on that site. Beige, red and black look waaay ugly together. And while I don't have anything against Comic Sans per se, it doesn't look good enough to be used in large sizes or for massive amounts of text. And those are my opinions.

The title font looks ok though (Hot News, Articles etc). The ancient coin in the upper left corner looks quite cut'n pasted, which makes it look cheap. But since I use Opera 8.01, I don't see parts of it in the upper right corner. (Or maybe it's also because I use 1024x768 resolution?) I do see the gaps between the upper and the left marginal though, but I assumed that they were supposed to be there. The main reason for why it looks cut'n pasted rather than integral is because it really sticks out from the background and also from the title of the page. The big coin wants to play, but no one wants to play with the big coin. That makes big coin man sad. :cry:

Hory

Erudite
Hmm now I realise it looks like a cheap DuckAndCover imitation...

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Imo the black stripe to the right (in the background) doesn't look good. How about a symmetrical background? I also think that the coin should be fully visible.
And plz change the font in the news, it's a pain to read.
Good luck!

Thorndyke

Novice
Whipporowill said:
The problems with the coin "flying" is probably that old marginwidth problem. Damn browserspecific code...
Just adding style="margin:0px; padding:0px;" to the body tag wouldn't be that much work though.

Gwendo

Augur
It's NOT looking great. At least, it doesn't have the sophisticated design as the current RPG Codex design. But what matters is the content, isn't it? But it could be easier on the eyes too... :P

Sarvis

Erudite
Hory said:
BTW, the current situation in the tycoon genre is even more pathetic than that in role-playing, so T.C. is going to suck because there will always be just crappy news on it.

There's a Tycoon genre? :?

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Sarvis said:
Wouldn't the sims be a different genre? Something like, oh I don't know, a Simulation?

I think they can be counted up on management games, though. Tyccon-specific games and the Sims have that in common as their primary gameplay element.

Please don't argue this until nothing is clear anymore, I don't have the time for that :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom