Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sorcerer: Simulation of Life in a Fantasy Setting

Gahbreeil

Learned
We are moving out of the v0.1 into v.0.2 as the name has to change.

Norfleet

Do the thieves retain enough sense not to attempt to mug passing Spess Mehreens? It seems like it would be an extremely poor idea to mug a Spess Mehreen when all you've got is an improvised pistol, but apparently this is quite the common thing to try.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Do the thieves retain enough sense not to attempt to mug passing Spess Mehreens? It seems like it would be an extremely poor idea to mug a Spess Mehreen when all you've got is an improvised pistol, but apparently this is quite the common thing to try.
If they are behind on their quotas the thieves guild will screw them harder.

Mental illness.

Right so I need to say this as someone who is trying to make Daggerfall sequel but good. Get some money. Get some investors. No I will not spoonfeed you on how to do this. Gain some contacts and get going. If you can't do that your game isn't going to get made. Even if you find a programmer you need to pay them. Expecting other people to just make your unwieldy and ambitious game for free because it's such a heckin great idea is mental.

Viata

Arcane
Why not define what “acting out their roles” entails. What does that mean? What do you imagine that looks like and how would it be implemented in the game you imagine?
Remember how in Wiz7 your party are not the only party going after those maps? So, I guess he means that in this case every NPC may also finish an important quest, as long as he has the background for it(so another party could finish some important quest if you take too long or never starts it, making you never being able to start/finish it). They are not restricted to their initial status, position and whatnot. It's not just your generic NPC that walks around his town, but he may also get tired of this city and move to another, maybe open a store, marry and start a family, start a revolution or whatever. Something far from trivial, anyway.

Gahbreeil

Learned
Wizard's Sword: the Broken Kingdom is the new official title.
Does it mean the game has reached v0.3 ?
I offer you a position in development. Actually all of you folks.

Neverwinter Nights I or Neverwinter Nights II to mod this game or at least all parts of it that are possible to transplant into either game?

Thieves do not steal from guardsmen. Not ever.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Wizard's Sword: the Broken Kingdom is the new official title.
Does it mean the game has reached v0.3 ?
I offer you a position in development. Actually all of you folks.
Thank you for your trust. I will gladly work on this project. As a professional with real-life IT experience and much looked for skills I would charge you minimum 2000€/day, but since you don't know me and development is not my principal activity I'll offer you a bargain and work for 1000€/day. Since I don't know you, please pay me upfront on week worth of work (5000€) and I'll deliver you a working prototype.

just write a ttrpg you fucking idiot you don't need coding skills for that just friends to play with

oh wait

you don't have any of either lmao

/dab
/dab
/dab
/dab
/dab

Gahbreeil

Learned
just write a ttrpg you fucking idiot you don't need coding skills for that just friends to play with oh wait you don't have any of either lmao
Sadly, table top role-playing games require imagination and you as a potential viewer lack it. Personal Computer games are vivid and expressive, easy to understand, that is why I picked this form of presenting my idea to the world.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
just write a ttrpg you fucking idiot you don't need coding skills for that just friends to play with oh wait you don't have any of either lmao
Sadly, table top role-playing games require imagination and you as a potential viewer lack it. Personal Computer games are vivid and expressive, easy to understand, that is why I picked this form of presenting my idea to the world.
:lol:

Yet you claim to have thus far written books for a living. What changed, friend?

Name it Revenant if it please you. Yet I agree buddy, it is not relevant.

It pleases the Pancreator; In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

I am glad you have decided to befriend me. I apologize for my conduct earlier. Sometimes the subject of my admiration inflames the swollen faculty of my passion such that it burns wild and hot with a sickly green hue - that poisoned spark of longing, at times indistinguishable from vitriol.

Yet this sweet bile drips from these lips only because I - a scorpion, a lamb, a stray mutt - feel undeserving of the grace of this profundity. For am I not, in some measure, at once Dizmas and the thief impertinent, as they were faced with the miracle of the Lord our God?

And now as I read your gospel I become your apostle, and feel your love and glory reflected through me.

But your love is more a snare than lust; your glory more a hunger than a triumph. And these jubilant agonies are, too, reflected through me as if through a glass darkly.

I must have your Logos. I must devour these words, these sweet morsels, each letter running down my chin like grease. And when I am done I want you to consume me, oh Master, so that I the undeserving glutton may feel that love and glory through you, as you once worked through me.

Yes, is this not the Eleventh Commandment, for so long carefully concealed by the corrupt church fathers until its fateful revelation to me, belike in some old half-remembered dream?

Thou shall partake.

Was I not born of this divine spark so that I may live and eat and die, and take, take and beg and cheat and steal from the table of sacrifices laid before us? As I suffer through the ordeal of drawing this undeserved breath, shall I not sneak sips from that gilded cup that runneth over so?

Let us partake together, Teacher - learning, yearning, burning intertwined in our holy reoccurance...

We are currently in the pre-alpha stage but once we have wrapped up the metaphysical layer of the game and chiefly the Gnosis questline the project should be ready to enter Early Access ok

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom