Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SOVL : Fantasy warhammer - It's Warhammer 6th edition in jank form!

Hell Swarm

Learned
There’s no fun in grinding short campaigns of small battles to unlock advantages over what already is a fairly basic AI.
Fingers crossed, the dev sticks with it and develops the game into a gem, but for the moment it’s still quite barebones.
Lets be real, its tabletop Warhammer Fantasy Battles on the PC. Its a very basic game at its roots to begin with…. Its a nice casual game, not overly complicated, without the need to spend 50 hrs painting to play. I play it out of nostalgia from a few decades ago. I didn’t have ‘complexity’ as an expectation going in…. But its good enough to scratch the itch.
This is really it. If you want complexity you have total warhammer. This is better being relatively simple but needs a longer and more fleshed out campaign.

Johannes

Arcane
I don't fully understand this selling strategy, game should be priced. I believe that many gamers interested in wargames are 30+ ppl, having steady income, ready to pay something for a game. When they see a free game they think it is monetized crap product. Like myself, without 'dex I would never try this game.
I would never have tried this game if it wasn't free, not in this state of development at least. Now I could just try it with zero expectations.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom