Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SoZ Preview at IGN

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Anthony Davis said:
Look at me, I'm trolling...
You're a whore, Anthony! Whore!!

I'm actually already reading it. I guess a thread to discuss whatever I find in the article is warranted, despite the disturbing lack of cherry pie.

I'll get back when I've finished reading it all. Storm of Zehir sounds better and better the more I read about it.

Also:
Steve Butts
How am I supposed to make jokes with this kind of material?

Raapys

Arcane
Any word on what level you can expect to achive going through the game?

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Raapys said:
Any word on what level you can expect to achive going through the game?

You can expect to hit between 14 and 17 depending on ECL of the characters in the party and how much side content you do.

Kogorn

Novice
I know some stuff has to be kept on the DL...but if you can, can you please say anything about the crafting system in SoZ? I haven't been able to find much on it and I'm quite curious....

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Kogorn said:
I know some stuff has to be kept on the DL...but if you can, can you please say anything about the crafting system in SoZ? I haven't been able to find much on it and I'm quite curious....

The crafting system has been changed.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
That is a pretty good interview. Tony Evans is a lot of fun to work with and he is a very talented, if some what crazy designer.

Sometimes he gets that crazed look in his eye and you just KNOW he is going to ask for something crazy. However, whatever he asks for is almost without a doubt universally cool.

Warden

Arbiter
Hmm.. we discovered a new potential party member.
I think it's the black guy, Umoja. (There's a small chance the joinable is Dagryffe Milarn, the moustache guy... hm, now that I read the name.. no)

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
This is sounding very good so far. I hope that whenever Obsidian makes their next standalone D&D game, they'll keep in mind what has been learned with MotB ans SoZ.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Good preview.

Question: How long will it takes some moron to whine that the expansion is too easy... for their level 30 character?

Answer: Within 1st day of release.

Response: R00fles!

My biggest beef with this expansion (outside of the lame cartoonish map) is the fact that they didn't include wil;d dwarves. That is beyond WRONG!

Otherwise, looks awesome. :cool:

Why's One-Of-Many there? Can you load some save from OC and / or MoTB which changes some things in the world, or is it just "canon" that the spirit-eater devours Okku and creates One of Many?

EDIT : And if you have one or more Yuan-ti in your party, can you join Zehir from the start instead of fighting them for some time and then switching sides (or at all)? And the most important question, can you join Shadow Thieves?

Wow, when NWN2 came out I'd never have expected that the game I'm most anticipating in late 2008 would be it's expansion. But, if I haven't missed anything, there's nothing else to look forward to.

Black

Arcane
Yes, please do explain. Not that I complain because he was an awesome companion, just curious.

Kogorn

Novice
Anthony Davis said:
Kogorn said:

The crafting system has been changed.

I guess you can't say anymore, but at least that implies that a crafting system will exist in SoZ, yay!

Pastel

Scholar
Demnogonis Saastuttaja said:
Can you load some save from OC and / or MoTB which changes some things in the world
Since you're expected to replay MotB with lots of different characters, I don't see what the point would be. You've probably made all available choices, except only one per character. But since the MotB character is completely unrelated to Storm of Zehir, how do you decide whose choices you go by?

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Demnogonis Saastuttaja said:
Why's One-Of-Many there? Can you load some save from OC and / or MoTB which changes some things in the world, or is it just "canon" that the spirit-eater devours Okku and creates One of Many?

That is a very good question. I will ask Tony Evans and post his reply here.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Well, you know, maybe there's something to the fact that he is called one of MANY?

Solohk

Scholar
Darth Roxor said:
Well, you know, maybe there's something to the fact that he is called one of MANY?
Errr... wasn't it because he was made up of many souls, but only one of them is in control and speaks for them all?

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
well, I guess so, but I don't think that this was something of an absolutely unique nature.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom