Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SpaceVenture - Space Quest spiritual successor by Two Guys from Andromeda

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
commie is right, there are definitely a lot of people out there saying "I did my part for the Kickstarter revolution last month, not interested in this stuff anymore".

Banner Saga got more money than it deserved because it was the only other show in town for people who discovered Kickstarter for the first time when DF and W2 broke out

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
commie is right, there are definitely a lot of people out there saying "I did my part for the Kickstarter revolution last month, not interested in this stuff anymore".

Banner Saga got more money than it deserved because it was the only other show in town for people who discovered Kickstarter for the first time when DF and W2 broke out

Yeah it got FAR more than it deserved while an earnest quality production with actual evidence of mechanics and gameplay like Eisenwald(or even Xenonauts) relatively struggle(d). Less than 3000 backers for each so far compared to 30,000 for TBS? That's the real evidence of coffee shop latte slurping bourgeois liberal scum latching onto a trendy cause.

Kz3r0

Arcane

Yeah it got FAR more than it deserved while an earnest quality production with actual evidence of mechanics and gameplay like Eisenwald(or even Xenonauts) relatively struggle(d). Less than 3000 backers for each so far compared to 30,000 for TBS? That's the real evidence of coffee shop latte slurping bourgeois liberal scum latching onto a trendy cause.
Pray tell, where are all those gamers that you consider worthy of your respect, do they have better things to do that give money to Kickstarter, admitting that they have any money?

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
Project: Eternity
If that is true than kickstarter will eventually die off and cease to be viable. I was hoping it would remain as an alternative source of funding, if it dies we will be back to the days of publishers choosing what games we will be able to buy :(

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If that is true than kickstarter will eventually die off and cease to be viable. I was hoping it would remain as an alternative source of funding, if it dies we will be back to the days of publishers choosing what games we will be able to buy :(

No, when actual games come out, there will be renewed interest in Kickstarter...if they're good.

LizardKing

Scholar
Whoa!
Humor is spot on and artwork is great!
"Well, well, feels like old times, doesn't it?
Since this is the first time you've done something this stupid I guess we'll let you off easily and give you a hint:
You're now dead. Dying didn't feel good, did it?"

This game needs to happen!
:bounce:

Kz3r0

Arcane
What happened?
Kicktraq is showing a minus 2K$, retired pledges?

Edit.
From the comments:
we just lost 6k in 10 minutes... WTF???
Putting blame on backers by accusing them of being either unaware or ignorant of the fact that the Two Guys stated numerous times that the finished game won't require Chrome (which probably wouldn't even be an issue if they had just told us that these prototypes would be Chrome-exclusive beforehand) or by telling them to go watch a video instead won't solve the problem.

Mark my words: If this campaign fails, you can blame Google Chrome for that!

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Not sure what the 6k in 10 minutes comment is about. I don't think it got that high.
But yeah, 2k or so are gone. Dunno.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Too many deaths in the prototype?
Probably the newcomers didn't like that.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I'm afraid as well that their desire to remain so old-school may work against them. I hope I'm wrong, but probably I'm not.
Maybe some new press and adjusted rewards tiers can save this.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
One of this Kickstarter's problems is that it didn't use the words everybody wanted to hear.

Two Guys from Andromeda, who are those again? "SpaceVenture", WTF?

SPACE QUEST! SPACE QUEST! SPACE QUEST!

Should have put an animated Roger Wilco in the videos to advertise the game even if he wasn't going to be in it

Alex

Arcane
:x
God damn it! And I thought the prototype is so well done too. At least when you consider how little time they had to come up with it.

trustno1code

Prophet
The KS-adventure-game lovefest was bound to end at some point with everybody jumping on the wagon at the same time... but it's going to be damn depressing if it's The Two Guys to be the first...

Mark Crowe said:
Hmmm, well, that's not quite the reaction we were anticipating for giving everyone a "slice" of what our game could be like.Scott and I would personally welcome hearing directly from those who pulled to better understand what the real issue is. write us Mark, Scott or Chris@guysfromandromeda.com.
But in the mean time, we seriously have to consider whether or not showing early prototypes was a good idea. Some people really don't want to see how their sausage is made, I guess. But that you, the faithful for sticking with us. Your support is priceless to us. Please keep it positive on here everyone. It probably doesn't help matters when new folk come here and see a wall of doom and gloom. Let's beat this thing. Some good press coming!
Thanks all!
-Mark

LizardKing

Scholar
Google Chrome this, Google Chrome that..
It seems that those retarded idiots are ruining the campaign..
TGFA been working their ass off making these prototypes and then these dimwits wash all the work down the drain.
Fucking majestic.. :(

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
twoguys.png

"Activia" :lol:

Dexter

Arcane
This "Google Chrome this" and "Google Chrome that" certainly doesn't help...

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
Sadly I have to say this plan of showing gameplay tidbits might have backfired.

It would have probably been better just to hire a concept artist and show some graphics. People are dumb, they didn't get it.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
Some of these kickstarters have had some stupid PR with mistaken what DRM is or using bad buzzwords. It sucks that these 2 have been getting problems because they're sharing their mock ups and how early adventure game development works.

Unwanted

Guido Fawkes

Defensor Fidei
I am starting to fear for this one. You know, we never had a big adventure kickstarter fail on us yet. Wonder what will happen once it does...

:(

Alex

Arcane
Kz3r0

I don't know. The extra time would be really nice, but a few of the pledgers might be spited by this and not come back. I still think they will build enough momentum to break through their own goal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom