Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars Battlefront

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Syril, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Daedalos Arcane The Real Fanboy

Daedalos
    Soooooooo

Dis releasin' in like 2 days, and EA has been out for 5 days.. Anybody played the full version yet?

I'm gonna get this. THink it's gonne be decent fun to jump into now and then.

^ Top  
  2. Hoaxmetal Arcane

Hoaxmetal
    How would you get that impression from the Beta videos? A lot of the issues seem fixable but they certainly don't make it D1P material.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    Gunplay is terrible in this game. Not recommended.

^ Top  
  4. Daedalos Arcane The Real Fanboy

Daedalos
    Not sure if I found the gunplay that terrible, it's definitely arcadey as hell and dumbed down..

But you shouldn't expect BF levels of weaponry and mechanics. It's a star wars game after all.

^ Top  
  5. omega21 Arcane

omega21
    Did you actually buy it RK47?

^ Top  
  6. Wolfe Arbiter

Wolfe
    The game is actually really fun. Sure, it lacks depth and I don't think it has enough content to keep me interested over a long period of time, but I've been playing with two buddies and we had a blast every time.

It's also the best looking game of the year by far, and everything sound related is amazing.

^ Top  
  7. Daedalos Arcane The Real Fanboy

Daedalos
    I'm enjoying this alot. It's casual, it's not mega deep. But's it's tons of fun. It looks, sounds and plays great. And I'm a huge SW nerd.

The presentation is top notch. I think the DLCs will bring more content, but eh, we'll see.

^ Top  
  8. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Decent review: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/11/19/star-wars-battlefront-pc-review/

^ Top  
  9. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    Dice made only 1 great game, their first one, battlefield 1942

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Daedalos Arcane The Real Fanboy

Daedalos
    Good review, and valid points.. though much of it basically, like all the negative reviews, the butthurt boils down to DLC TOO EXPENSIVE, SHIT GAEM !!1

I got the game for like 30 dollars, I'm rich, and I don't give a shit. When the DLCs come, this game is going to be even more fun. You can probably get the full season pass + game for like 60 bucks if u search cdkey shops.

That's a good price for a fun game.

^ Top  
  11. Makabb Arcane Shitposter Bethestard

Makabb
    That's because Vader was a fighter type like Luke, while Emperor was a force user type like Yoda.

Also force throw in EU is common for both sides and not locked to one specific.

^ Top  
  12. chotread Educated

chotread
    game is pure shit. take this as my review.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  13. Daedalos Arcane The Real Fanboy

Daedalos
    11/10 - Would read again, bro

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. kris Arcane

kris
    but for movies that is just like every other villian aiming at an hero, ever. when up against Rebels the first time they slaughter them.

^ Top  
  15. Lyric Suite Converting to Islam

Lyric Suite
    And that's where the game fails. It should have BF levels of weaponry and mechanics (whatever they are), precisely because this is a Star Wars game and it would be cool to have that kind of stuff in this universe.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. chotread Educated

chotread
    still waiting that my review is put on the frontpage. I might create a nice image teaser for it too.

^ Top  
  17. Great Deceiver Arcane

Great Deceiver
    I don't know why people are praising that review - it is emblematic of decline. "Game is shit, but we love it because it looks good and we realize that Star Wars is all about money! Pay through the nose to eat shit, everyone!"

Game is fucking awful. The fact that it looks so good is depressing and a damn shame.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. GuiltyofBeingTrite Savant

GuiltyofBeingTrite
    Are there valid development reasons why it has a significant reduction in features than battlefront 2? Making a Star Wars game was more relevant than making a well reviewed, good game?

^ Top  
  19. Sam Ecorners Arcane Patron

Sam Ecorners
    man this game is dumb pew pew, but i think it could be fun after few glasses of bourbon

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Rean Instructor Patron Sad Loser

Rean

I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
    I never really got Battlefront. The Jedi Knight series had pretty good multiplayer all the way through, but they had a huge amount of singleplayer content as well.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  21. Lyric Suite Converting to Islam

Lyric Suite
    Wonder if this is just the result of EA fucking DICE over. Those idiots still think they can force every franchise into the same business model they have for their sport games. Battlefied 4 was released two years after Battlefield 3, which was a huge WTF moment considering 5 years went by between Battlefield 2 and 3, and then one year later they come up with Hardline and Battlefront. Really? And i guess next year they are going to release Battlefront 2 cause why the fuck not.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. StrongBelwas Savant Patron

StrongBelwas
    Battlefield 5 is coming out next year, so I guess the Battlefronts will get each two years development time and release with the mainline SW movies. Huge improvement, I know. :P

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
    ^ Top  
  23. Lyric Suite Converting to Islam

Lyric Suite
    Is Battlefield 3 still going? I actually had mind of trying that. Looks like a military version of Unreal Tournament 2004, which i wouldn't mind. Saw the premium edition going as low as 9 bucks. If it goes on sale again i might give the game a whirl. Last decent DICE game from the looks of it.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.