Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Star Wars: Kotor III is coming

Stinger

Arcane
Yeah it really is strange that it just popped up without any real announcement.

I thought Lucas Arts were trying to forget about the game...or are they expecting high sales due to the SWTOR backlash?

It looks to be selling well on Steam in spite of that lack of announcement.

scarletguard

Educated
It may have been Chris Avellone's tweet about the Steam release that may have caused the spike in sales.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Showing up on Steam's front page is an announcement.

Last edited:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ah so that explains MCA's use of the Nihlus avatar on Twitter...I was hoping he was hinting at Obsidian doing a third game....

God damn it just coming out on Steam when I FINALLY found a boxed copy of it last week!

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
It's great if you don't have the original CDs. I'm considering buying it again in case my CDs get scratched, although I'm not sure if the UniWS patcher will work with the Steam version. I could get a fixed EXE, I suppose.
Do tell if the total restoration works, kinda interested in revisiting it.
The second restoration patch by Darth Stoney and two other guys is finished and works. Not sure if they've done the version where they include a fully reconstructed Droid Planet (Stoney wasn't happy with his previous restoration of that, so they're remaking it from ground-up).

Team Gizka probably still runs a small cult.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The Team Gizka cult fell apart. It could have survived the departure of the leader and his subsequent trolling of the forum ("I've got a girlfriend!"), but then Stoney and his bros released their patch. A butthurt storm of epic proportions washed away Team Gizka into the annals of internet history. Nevar forget. http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/112-team-gizka-officially-dead/
For Great Justice.

...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Darth Maul is the best Sith of them all.

Hopefully, he will make his return in the live akshun teevee series, and kick some serious ass.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
He was a true sith, untainted by the corruption of the light side, unlike that vile turncoat Vader, who betrayed the Jedi, then betrayed the Sith.

Also unlike Vader, Maul has no distractions nor second guesses about himself or his purpose. He was a weapon forged in the crucible of the Dark Side to be weilded against the Jedi Order, and eventually take over the mantle of Sith Lord once he was ready, like Sidious took over from Plagueis.

He killed Qui Gon Jinn ,one of the top swordsman of the Jedi Order when the Order was at it's peak. In the TPM novelization by Terry Brooks, Qui Gon was the third best warrior in the Order, after Windu and Yoda IIRC. He also defeated Obi Wan, but then due to arrogance (aka bad scripting) he was chopped into halves. Honestly, will ANYONE disagree that Maul should have been the main villain in the PT, instead of Dooku and Grievous. Dooku could still have been in the movie, just as he was sans the force trappings (i.e. ex high ranking senator/world leader/etc etc instead of a former Jedi)

Grievous was just fucking retarded. Seriously. It boggles the mind why ANYONE in the SW universe would weild a lightsaber (much less 4) if they cannot access the Force. Without the Force they cannot deflect blaster bolts, nor fight effectively against a Jedi as they cannot use the Force to predict their opponent's moves. Witness how easily Obi Wan chopped off his limbs. Not to mention, he had absolutely no defence against the mega force push Obi Wan did, unlike Anakin when he and Obi dual force pushed each other in the duel at the end of ROTS.

Anyhow, Maul has returned in the Clone Wars cartoon, in an incredibly stupid and retarded way that makes you want to beat the shit out of Lucas for his stupidity. I mean, first he kills Maul off. Then, after much furor he refuses to bring Maul back for EP 2 and 3, even though he could easily have done so. Then, in the Clone Wars that DUMBSHIT director who is an oriental kwan decides to bring in a stupid character by the utterly moronic name of Savage Oppress, who is apparently Maul's brother. :retarded:

Basically, he IS Maul, or a fanboy version of Maul. He wields a dbl saber, he is a zabrak with horns, and he is pissed at everything and everyone. Lucas ofcourse approves the character.

So as if this isn't bad enough, Lucas then see the character after he debuts and says, "Ok dude, good shit. Now, bring back Maul into the mix!" :retarded:

So, now we are stuck with two Mauls basically. One that was supposed to be psuedo Maul for fanboys, and then the 'real Maul' who dumbshit Lucas decided to bring back, probably after smoking the same crack he did when he decided to rape Boba Fett the way he did in Ep II.

Unfortunately, neither of these two 'Mauls' is close to the TPM original. The 'real' one is a half cyborg, who somehow became a fucking Drider and escaped Naboo and got to an outer rim planet and lived like a raving lunatic/schizophrenic. (yes he actually grew a spider's body in place of his legs via the Dark Side. If that isn't the most stupid thing you have heard, then wait, there is more!)

Savage finds him, and gets him to this weird ass Nightsister who does some fucking voodoo on him (yes, now the Force/the Dark Side can do voodoo and produce strange green sickening mist. Keep in mind Lucas had previously said firmly that there are only Jedi and Sith in SW, no other type of force user. Dark Jedi were unofficially accepted, and they did make some sense. But no other type of force using order. I much preferred that simplicity.)

So this dumbshit nightsister somehow makes Maul's cybernetic legs from a bunch of rusted scrap metal.

Now we are left with a retarded looking character. Not only that, he says more in the first CW scene he was in than he says in all of TPM. And he speaks wayyyy too much. Part of Maul's mystique was his silence, and his actions and expressions speaking for him. And ofcourse, his eloquent and mysterious voice, that bespoke intelligence. Now, he sounds like your average grim n gritty Bioware villain (Malak from KOTOR for instance)

So fuck this shit. I have been waiting for Maul to return (or to get a prequel starring him) since the end of TPM back in 1999. But Dear God, not this travesty. Now I know exactly how Vader and Fett fans felt after the PT. :(

I do have one minor hope: That Maul survives the Clone Wars, somehow regains his real legs (say by an essence transfer into Savage Oppress, taking over his body and transforming it into his own via the Dark Side) and then goes deep into the Galaxy at the end of the cartoon. Then, he becomes a major wildcard villain in the Live Action series, once it is produced. Or heck, becomes frozen in Carbonite, and then is unfrozen in Episode 7, becoming the main villain of the new trilogy (7, 8 and 9) which WILL be produced as there is wayyyy too much money in it for it not to be made. The first 6 movies have made Lucas a multi billionaire after all...

p.s. Another stupid thing about bringing him in in the Clone Wars is that he really can't do shit. He can't kill Dooku, Grievous, Sidious, Anakin, Obi Wan, Padme, Mace Windu, Yoda, etc etc as ROTS has yet to happen. The most he could do is kill Assaj Ventress (a real dumbshit villain) or Ashoka, Anakins apprentice...

Deleted member 7219

You should read the Darth Plagueis novel. Maul comes across as little more than a thug, unquestioningly following Palpatine's every order and never bothering to act on his own initiative.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
So basically, you're saying he was a cardboard cut-out with no personality, depth, intrigue or interesting qualities, and his entire appeal for you is basically a lack of character altogether?

You know, that actually says a lot about the quality of the writing and acting in the prequel trilogy.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Darth Maul is the best Sith of them all.

Hopefully, he will make his return in the live akshun teevee series, and kick some serious ass.
Not keeping up with current developments, are you?
Behold, Darth Maul resurrected:
2373618-darth_maul_spider_body.jpg

:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom