Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Star Wars: Kotor III is coming

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
BioWare probably doing an eleven month development cycle TOR tie-in KOTOR 3 using HERO ENGINE with awesam buttan ala DA2.

Butthurt for all!

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hmmm... what are the odds that it will include the restoration patch for 2, uncredited?

I don't see how they could create an RPG internally, since they have no developers with any experience making them. More likely it'd end up being an action game along the lines of the Dark Forces games if done internally. I don't see what would stop them from contracting Bioware again though.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I don't see how they could create an RPG internally, since they have no developers with any experience making them.

Experience? When did that LA, or even George Lucas ever stop making shit?

LA right now has 3 games internally in development, one is supposedly an Action RPG, the other some sort of Space Sim, and the other a 3rd person Action game.

deuxhero

Arcane
And none of them Gladius 2.

On a related subject, Lucasarts trademarked "Star Wars: 1313" for video games and various other media as well as other stuff (Seems like a new Shadows of the Empire multimedia thingy) and got a bunch of domain names related to it. To save everyone the trouble: No, nothing important happens in 1313 BBY and 1313 ABY is LONG after any published stuff though that would make it a good place to set a new part of the EU.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I wouldn't hold your breath for a KotOR3 after SW:TOR for the same reason I wouldn't hold out for a Warcraft 4.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
They bundle tons of games. I don't think this is a very strong indication of a sequel.

Then again, besides the South Park game and never-happening-cuz-of-Faergus-Kickstarter game, what is Obsidian up to these days? Co-developing Wheel of Time with some studio since 2010..?

Deleted member 7219

I asked Chris Avellone about Wheel of Time on Twitter and he said he couldn't say anything. I imagine if it had been cancelled, like Aliens, he would have been free to say so.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
When is the new X-Wing or TIE Fighter coming out?

Kinect_Star_Wars_Space_Shooting.jpg

starwars_kinect.jpg

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I asked Chris Avellone about Wheel of Time on Twitter and he said he couldn't say anything. I imagine if it had been cancelled, like Aliens, he would have been free to say so.

You are aware they are only consulting for that game. Not making it right?

thesoup

Arcane
Hmmm... what are the odds that it will include the restoration patch for 2, uncredited?

I don't see how they could create an RPG internally, since they have no developers with any experience making them. More likely it'd end up being an action game along the lines of the Dark Forces games if done internally. I don't see what would stop them from contracting Bioware again though.
I don't think they can just contract them anymore since EA is Bioware's owner right now.

Kitako

Arcane
If Kotor3 will be nextgen I'll finally realize my long standing daydream of fucking HK-47.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
If they hire the guy who did imperial agent in TOR to do the plot it won't be all bad,

In fact, they should skip the jedi altogether and make a full SP game based on the TOR imerpial operative. Sith Ex: Wookiee Revolution

Wise Emperor

Arcane
With most recent flops in SW universe either 2 types of games will be made: Battlefront, Dark Forces, Jedi Knight type FPS/TPS in the spirit of Call of Duty or open world KOTOR similar to Skyrim. Because all the monies are in those genres and MMOs are probably off the list for a decade.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom