Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Star Wars: Kotor III is coming

Twinkle

Liturgist
I find the lack of Skyway ITT disturbing...

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
They bundle tons of games. I don't think this is a very strong indication of a sequel.

Then again, besides the South Park game and never-happening-cuz-of-Faergus-Kickstarter game, what is Obsidian up to these days? Co-developing Wheel of Time with some studio since 2010..?
Pitching whatever they can to replace North Carolina. Avellone said they only want to do two full projects at a time (expansions and presumably the kickstarter thing wouldn't count).

Grimlorn

Arcane
Didn't they already release a book called Revan that shitted all over the lore from Kotor 1 and 2 and explained what happened with Revan and the Exile. I'm guessing Revan died at the end of it. How could there be a Kotor 3? Unless it's a different a storyline in the future between Kotor 2 and TOR.

joeydohn

Savant
Didn't they already release a book called Revan that shitted all over the lore from Kotor 1 and 2 and explained what happened with Revan and the Exile. I'm guessing Revan died at the end of it. How could there be a Kotor 3? Unless it's a different a storyline in the future between Kotor 2 and TOR.

There's still a lot of time between the KOTOR, SWTOR and the movies, they can just make up what they like: dance parties for example.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal

Grimlorn

Arcane
I'm guessing Revan died at the end of it.
Actually, Revan is killed by mid-level empire players in TOR. :M
How the hell does he survive the several centuries it takes to get to the TOR? And what the hell is he doing that whole time? Makes no sense.
He was captured and kept "alive" by the Sith Emperor, who happens to be immortal.
Yeah that sounds dumb as hell. Fan service I suppose.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
These aren't the sequels we're looking for.

No mind trick, just stating the obvious.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
I'm guessing Revan died at the end of it.
Actually, Revan is killed by mid-level empire players in TOR. :M
How the hell does he survive the several centuries it takes to get to the TOR? And what the hell is he doing that whole time? Makes no sense.
He was captured and kept "alive" by the Sith Emperor, who happens to be immortal.
Yeah that sounds dumb as hell. Fan service I suppose.
Apparently, under the retcon, everything was the Sith Emperor's mind control in action, and Revan and Malak became Sith Lords against their will. They were actually going to kill the Sith Emperor, but the Sith Emperor turned them into their thralls. Revan's brain damage apparently reversed the enthralling, so he and the Exile teamed up to go and kill the Sith Emperor a second time. Then again, they were defeated, the Exile was killed, and Revan was put into stasis for centuries, until he became an emaciated bag of bones suspended in some machine.

Emperor Tenebrae is sort of interesting in a cheesy way. This wasn't some fallen person - Dark Side energies were concentrated into his mother's womb from the moment a Sith Lord injected Dark Dide powered sperm into her. That ensured that he took complete control over the True Sith solar system before he turned even 10 years old.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Does being a Star Wars fan suck? Serious question. I got/am still pissed off about the Tom Clancy games turning into console drivel. But Star Wars... I mean, that trilogy, what the fuck. And all the shameless merchandising and capitalizing on product makes my head spin. If I was really into Star Wars all this shit would just piss me off. I do think George Lucas is a moron who has completely fluked his way into success, building off the creative minds of others for his entire career. And ... well, the guy seems like an asshole, I'll leave it at that.

Stinger

Arcane
This wasn't some fallen person - Dark Side energies were concentrated into his mother's womb from the moment a Sith Lord injected Dark Dide powered sperm into her. That ensured that he took complete control over the True Sith solar system before he turned even 10 years old.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

:what:

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Yeah, this was the only case of a Sith Lord being born as one from the day of his birth.

Don't you guys think it's kinda cool? I mean, Baby Emperor Tenebrae was so evil as an infant that he snapped his father's neck with a mere thought as a toddler. YES, that's actually in the TOR lore.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, this was the only case of a Sith Lord being born as one from the day of his birth.

Don't you guys think it's kinda cool? I mean, Baby Emperor Tenebrae was so evil as an infant that he snapped his father's neck with a mere thought as a toddler. YES, that's actually in the TOR lore.
0000ECBE-8D04-1055-B0EB80BFB6FA0000.jpg

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Emperor Tenebrae is sort of interesting in a cheesy way. This wasn't some fallen person - Dark Side energies were concentrated into his mother's womb from the moment a Sith Lord injected Dark Dide powered sperm into her. That ensured that he took complete control over the True Sith solar system before he turned even 10 years old.

:lol:

This cracked me up. Not sure if you kids are getting better at humour or this is just as bad as it sounds, either way I rather enjoyed it

deuxhero

Arcane
Does being a Star Wars fan suck? Serious question. I got/am still pissed off about the Tom Clancy games turning into console drivel. But Star Wars... I mean, that trilogy, what the fuck. And all the shameless merchandising and capitalizing on product makes my head spin. If I was really into Star Wars all this shit would just piss me off. I do think George Lucas is a moron who has completely fluked his way into success, building off the creative minds of others for his entire career. And ... well, the guy seems like an asshole, I'll leave it at that.

The EU has ignored Jedi Prince and Travisty, it can ignore this.

Wyrmlord

Arcane

:lol:

This cracked me up. Not sure if you kids are getting better at humour or this is just as bad as it sounds, either way I rather enjoyed it
It's true. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_Emperor

kris

Arcane

the answer is yes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom