Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Star Wars: Kotor III is coming

Commander Xbox

Learned
YES......YEEEEEESSSS

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
The scene with Jedi Masters is such a great scene, probably one of my favourite bits in all games.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Didn't you guys find the characters in the game to be overly melodramatic?

Every one of them had a pathetic sob story, and they wanted to cry over your shoulder about it. If they were not trying to go for all out open self pity, they were going for some forced dark, gloomy persona. Atton was a professional torturer who regrets having tortured a Jedi knight to death, the white haired lady regretted how her father was humiliated in life, and so on and so forth. I mean, I know we don't praise Fallout for party members, but Ian and the others were just simple gunslingers with nothing to feel sorry about for anything.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Such a game as Kotor 2 will never be made again, 'cause today's audience wouldn't have the patience to actually listen to all this. It would cause lots of headaches.

Since most game writing is absolutely shit anyway, I actually concur. I wouldn't want to listen to a dialog-centric game if it's all uninspired drivel. You need a behemoth like Torment or Gabriel Knight or Kotor 2 to actually get me listen to characters, not skip through it. Really good game writing is so rare it's almost embarrassing.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Kreia is a great character for sure. But I don't like that she is actually forced upon the player, you just can't go without her. There should be a choice at some point... but it would require to re-write the whole story, that is impossible of course. I guess Kotor 2 is good for what it is.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer

Every one of them had a pathetic sob story, and they wanted to cry over your shoulder about it. If they were not trying to go for all out open self pity, they were going for some forced dark, gloomy persona. Atton was a professional torturer who regrets having tortured a Jedi knight to death, the white haired lady regretted how her father was humiliated in life, and so on and so forth. I mean, I know we don't praise Fallout for party members, but Ian and the others were just simple gunslingers with nothing to feel sorry about for anything.
Sort of, but I think it suits the fairly serious tone of the game and, more importantly, those characters have valid reasons for being who they are. Melodramatic? Maybe. But it's a hell of a lot better if your followers are whiny because they are responsible for the deaths of millions and not because they miss their brother or whatever. Even though it's dark, it's not like the game is devoid of humour or lighthearted bits, either, which is a trap many grimdark games fall into.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Kreia is a great character for sure. But I don't like that she is actually forced upon the player, you just can't go without her. There should be a choice at some point... but it would require to re-write the whole story, that is impossible of course. I guess Kotor 2 is good for what it is.
The way I see it the game is about Kreia, not the Exile. So that's not viable, though it could have been if they had gone with a completely different approach.

chotread

Educated
Yo Kotor3 has been in the works for for 3 years already... you must be living under a rock or something!

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
3 days ago Lucasfilm announced it will unveil the newest game in the Star Wars universe at E3 2012.

Is it KOTOR 3? One could hope. I wouldn't mind a Republic Commando sequel either.

Or Battlefront 3? Or a new Jedi Outcast game?

Or... an X-Wing vs Tie Fighter RPG with a huge open universe and loads of planets? Never in this life.

Probably just Star Wars Kinect 2, though.
Well the report says that it's a new franchise, so it wouldn't be a sequel to any existing game.

deuxhero

Arcane
3 days ago Lucasfilm announced it will unveil the newest game in the Star Wars universe at E3 2012.

Is it KOTOR 3? One could hope. I wouldn't mind a Republic Commando sequel either.

Or Battlefront 3? Or a new Jedi Outcast game?

Or... an X-Wing vs Tie Fighter RPG with a huge open universe and loads of planets? Never in this life.

Probably just Star Wars Kinect 2, though.
Well the report says that it's a new franchise, so it wouldn't be a sequel to any existing game.

We have an open world RPG, FPS and aerial combat game recruited for by Lucasarts, so it has to be one of the 3.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
We have an open world RPG, FPS and aerial combat game recruited for by Lucasarts, so it has to be one of the 3.

It's going to be a kinect game loosely based on the "dogfight" sequence in the last crusade where indys father ends up shredding their own rudder.

Captain Shrek

Sort of, but I think it suits the fairly serious tone of the game and, more importantly, those characters have valid reasons for being who they are. Melodramatic? Maybe. But it's a hell of a lot better if your followers are whiny because they are responsible for the deaths of millions and not because they miss their brother or whatever. Even though it's dark, it's not like the game is devoid of humour or lighthearted bits, either, which is a trap many grimdark games fall into.
Its actually the other way round if I understand it correctly. Its the people who regret some particular facet of "moral evil" are the components of the party. Basically Kreia knows that there is power in conviction and power is determination. "Action over inaction."

Wyrmlord

Arcane
They did lay the melodrama a bit thick, especially with Visas' talk after the Exile met the Jedi Masters.

Captain Shrek

Visas was a character defined by melodrama. She was the last of her species and subservient to the dark lord who eats worlds for breakfast. She was almost broken when the Exile found her. But all this is besides the point. Its a game. Its an artificial scaffold. Its NOT meant to be realistic. Especially when its based on SW.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom