Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Star Wars: Kotor III is coming

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
but will it have server side monster spawn and loot drops?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
The original trilogy had the ewoks, and the second had Jar Jar. How much more trolling do you think these poor guys need?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I cant wait to play Jedi Master Shep'Ard from planet Renegade in his quest to save the galaxy from Sith Robots.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
There still hasn't been a proper Star Wars CRPG released. SW has games in nearly every genre, except pure, turnbased partybased crpg.

Imagine, you could have dark side and light side. Classes include sith, jedi, bountyhunter, smuggler, soldier, etc etc.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Experience? When did that LA, or even George Lucas ever stop making shit?

What i would really like to know is, how did they manage from having some of the best in-house developers in the business who gave us so many great games to becoming a non-entity making third rate movie tie-ins? That's some unparalleled level of decline.

Drakron

Arcane
What i would really like to know is, how did they manage from having some of the best in-house developers in the business who gave us so many great games to becoming a non-entity making third rate movie tie-ins? That's some unparalleled level of decline.

Simple.

LucasArts main gender was Adventure games, when the gender almost died it taken out most of it as a effect, even if LucasArts did made some other games there was never much a attempt to branch out, take the Jedi Knight series, Dark Forces and Dark Forces II was developed in-house but Outcast and Academy was by Raven.

The reason LucasArts still exists is because its a branch of "Lucas", as long Lucas wants to maintain full control over his IPs and have the money to do so its not going away, if not for that it would had long joined the ranks of Sierra and other companies that vanished.

Endemic

Arcane
Well, Lucasarts closed down Totally Games a few years ago, so the folks who made the X-Wing series are long gone.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

You-keep-using-that-word1.jpg

Xen

Novice
the brothel of slating intellectual lusts
If its being developed by LucasArts or Bioware then Kotor 3 WILL be bad. Seriously, i think the best momment i've had in my gaming history was in Kotor 2 when Mira actually refused me. I was glad to finally not be the guy that every woman jumps upon, i was even impressed that the game decided to give me a chance to try and get with her rather than not giving me the option at all. Beyond that the writing in Kotor 2 was perfect for a star wars game i think. We wont be seeing that happening again though, oh no.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
If its being developed by LucasArts or Bioware then Kotor 3 WILL be bad. Seriously, i think the best momment i've had in my gaming history was in Kotor 2 when Mira actually refused me. I was glad to finally not be the guy that every woman jumps upon, i was even impressed that the game decided to give me a chance to try and get with her rather than not giving me the option at all. Beyond that the writing in Kotor 2 was perfect for a star wars game i think. We wont be seeing that happening again though, oh no.
Not to mention MCA understands that romance needs to take its time and develop properly. There's also a funny bit with Kreia when after you've dueled Handmaiden enough times she gets mom-angry again and asks just what the hell do you think you're doing (not to mention pointing out that unarmed duels like that are a really, really intimate thing for the Echani).

And actually KotOR2 was the perfect Star Wars in terms of writing. Period. It decided to make things a bit more interesting and tackle more serious themes and setting implications (free will being a key subject) that others hadn't done, being largely a deconstruction of the original films and tearing the Extended Universe a new asshole. Not to mention it's appropriately critical of the Jedi and the Force.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Brofisted Vaarna Aspie Russophobic ass... :retarded: Teh Horror! Horror! Heard that Lucas didn't liked making force into cruel and manipulative Divinity... too Mature for his wookie and Jar-Jar loving ass... So zero chances for Obsidian to obtain the commission.

kris

Arcane
And actually KotOR2 was the perfect Star Wars in terms of writing. Period. It decided to make things a bit more interesting and tackle more serious themes and setting implications (free will being a key subject) that others hadn't done, being largely a deconstruction of the original films and tearing the Extended Universe a new asshole. Not to mention it's appropriately critical of the Jedi and the Force.

The force since the original movies really has just been boring superpowers. the Jedi are superheroes by now, cloned with the same power. Back then (partly due to technical limitations, but as much due to story) the force was mystic and interesting, a tool that the jedi could use to affect things. So no, I don't agree that KOTOR handled it well, because there again we see the force as God-like with dead staying alive with just the power of the force, devastating planets etc. While the overall theme was a bit more interesting than many other modern takes it just didn't fit well and was to bombastic IMO.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Not to mention MCA understands that romance needs to take its time and develop properly. There's also a funny bit with Kreia when after you've dueled Handmaiden enough times she gets mom-angry again and asks just what the hell do you think you're doing (not to mention pointing out that unarmed duels like that are a really, really intimate thing for the Echani).

Yet I often see people who say they enjoy KotOR 1's story more. Hurts a little each time. All it did was coast through a quite generic good vs evil storyline and threw in as many references to the original trilogy as possible and a decent twist. The result: SW franchise fans gushing.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Yet I often see people who say they enjoy KotOR 1's story more. Hurts a little each time. All it did was coast through a quite generic good vs evil storyline and threw in as many references to the original trilogy as possible and a decent twist. The result: SW franchise fans gushing.

It is easy to detest KOTOR2's storyline if you only played it unmodded. (And many should be forgiven for not giving it a second chance after doing so). The dissapointment of the ending as shipped by Bio/LA taints their perception of the game as a whole.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom