Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars: The Old Republic will kill WoW - outsourced to Broadsword

Zariusz

Arbiter
Wtf one short boring mission chain on Manaan and one fucking flashpoint, that is it? Earlier quests added by free updates were longer than this shit lol, this feels more like those prologue arcs added before expansions like that thing with army of cyborg clones before revan. I could buy full version of Fight Knight instead of subscribing to those Biofucks, i have been scamed:argh:

Codex Year of the Donut
Wait, wait, that was IT :lol: ? Running through some bugged corridors on Manaan, a brief flashpoint and ROLL CREDITS?

What the fuck :lol::lol::lol:

Game seems to be run by a skelleton crew. :lol:
They were siphoning devs from the Austin team to work on Anthem for a while, it's likely the game's development has actually begun returning to normalcy now that EA forced them to kill Anthem.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
The irony is: after many months I finally remembered my password and avoided having to beg the hotline for help, checked the the critical consensus and came to the conclusion to sit this one out.
Once again, some higher being and the hivemind prevented me from wasting money. :salute:

Codex Year of the Donut
anytime I think of playing swtor and see this I instantly lose all interest
MwKKUUN.png

They could have submitted a proposal on codex to make the most racist, repulsive caricature possible and it wouldn't have been half as good

playing empire, i have very faint memories of that, despite taking like half of every loading screen i remember something like "i met her for three seconds, and they were entirely of bitchslapping her". i expected her to be sort of my main antagonist, instead i don't even know her name.

So all this thread had convinced me to try this game out. Funnily enough once I did, a couple of months back, people generally stopped posting here. The second factor was the fact you could play as a glorious Sith master race hellnigger dickhead.

The level of shitposting in this game is just glorious.

Codex Year of the Donut
So all this thread had convinced me to try this game out. Funnily enough once I did, a couple of months back, people generally stopped posting here. The second factor was the fact you could play as a glorious Sith master race hellnigger dickhead.

The level of shitposting in this game is just glorious.
The singleplayer content is underrated. If it was standalone, it would probably be considered the last good 'Bioware' release.

It's also easily one of the cheapest MMOs to get into, you just subscribe once and get absolutely everything that released up until that point unlocked permanently.

Vatnik Wumao
All of them or some of them?
The Jedi Councilor one is crap (+/- Smuggler from what I vaguely recall), the rest range from meh to alright depending on which SW character tropes you like. Most people rate the Imperial Agent one highly for its branching and the Jedi Knight one for its KotORish feel on both light and dark side.

Otherwise Sith Warrior is basically playing Malak, Sith Inquisitor is playing evil Indiana Jones in space, Bounty Hunter is Mandalorian chad and Trooper is a patriotic and unrepentant war criminal. At least on a mostly dark side playthrough of each, since the light side is for sissies.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Also pretty good. Basically being a rational Sith rather than some stupid evil caricature.
Rule of the thumb is - plotlines where you go with an alignment opposite to your standard alignment are just better, more entertaining and interesting. LS Warrior is arguably the best example of this. You play a character which has no clear correlation to existing SW tropes. An honourable knight, uncompromising, unflinching in his resolve, dead-set on reforming the Empire according to the highest possible ideals. You don’t become a Jedi, you remain a Sith, which is also cool. DS Knight and DS Consular also has their merits, especially DS Knight.

Meanwhile: DS Warrior is, yeah, just a Malak. LS Knight is KotOR but boring. LS Consluar is interesting, but I figure why a lot of people don't like this type of stories.

Vatnik Wumao
Also pretty good. Basically being a rational Sith rather than some stupid evil caricature.
Rule of the thumb is - plotlines where you go with an alignment opposite to your standard alignment are just better, more entertaining and interesting.
I found the DS Trooper quite entertaining too. Defender of the Republic, but someone who doesn't give a shit about morality or legality (having no qualms about extracting information through torture or committing war crimes even against civilians). Just a tough as nails son of a gun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom