Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stardock's new game "Elemental: War of Magic"

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Feels like a strategy game right up my alley. Placed a pre-order on the limited edition today. Beta 2 will start this Thursday or the next, so I hope I get to try it soon.

Game seems to progress well. They do pretty big changes based on betaplayer feedback, like making resources global instead of regional and stuff. Modding tools looks heavy as well.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2

buccaroobonzai

Scholar
Anyone on the beta?
How are the devs taking suggestions for gameplay design elements?
Is it possible to still submit them?
Do they have the forum users vote on elements they would like to see in the game?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
VonVentrue said:
Zed said:
Brad playing with the game editor.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Draginol#p/ ... xHm2i0JXh8
He's pretty bad at it though.

Plus, gameplay videos:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/chara ... war/100928
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/03/stard ... s-on-video

Pretty sweet, it's a shame Brad did not show the combat system in action, though - he auto-resolved the "battle" with the spider, unless I'm missing something.
He's not finished with Tactical Battle AI yet, that's why it was on auto-resolve... and also why they haven't really shown anything from that. They are saying it should be in for next patch (or beta).

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Release tomorrow for pre-orders.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Yeah too bad Stardock's games are so predictable. They can copy but they can't give the game a soul.
So demo is needed.

Zeus

Cipher
I actually pre-ordered. That would be a first for me. I couldn't help it. Not-MoM shall be mine!

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I wrote "tomorrow" at like 2 AM so... in 4 hours maybe.

Mortmal

Arcane
I really dont know if its good, ive read quite a few mixed reviews of beta testers that it was very disapointing, the tactical fight being soporific, cliche, without soul..A few saying its good, really hard to know, the stardock forums are as reliable for stardock games as the bioware forums for bioware games.
I preordered anyway,i am weak and waiting for a not Master of magic game since very long as well.

I hate to say this but...

Even if it's bad, mods will probably make it worthwhile. Supposedly the game is crazy moddable.

Multi-headed Cow

Reading the drama surrounding the release and general Stardock dumbfuckery made me happy. I'll probably check it out once my computer's up and running again though since it's Stardock I'm not expecting much.

Zeus

Cipher
Multi-headed Cow said:
I'll probably check it out once my computer's up and running again

Multi-headed Cow

376-0.gif

Typing this with his mind.

Multi-headed Cow

By the way, it should be ready/out now if you wanna get it downloading. That's what I'm reading, anyway.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Destroid said:
Looks interesting enough to give a crack, even though Galciv2 was pretty bad.

Probably this but I am awaiting Codexians reviews.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom