Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield - Epic Shit Takes from Bethestards

Diablo 4 is least woke AAA RPG of 2023 and it’s by far the worst. I’ll take Bethesda jank and Frankenstein NPCs over battle passes and yearly “expansions”.

Cancer Clancy

Literate
It's ogre.

image.png

image.png
https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/starfield/9NCJSXWZTP88
This says 3.5 stars.

ColaWerewolf

Educated
It depends on store region. Mine has 2 reviews so far and they are both 1/5 :lol:
Ah, here in cuckland it's 3.5 then. Still, you'd expect more from a supposedly massive hypetrain of a game.
3.6 here, there's a lot of 1/5 and 5/5 reviews with almost nothing inbetween, and all the 1/5 reviews are from people playing it on bad pcs where they can't even play the game since their pcs can't run it.

skaraher

Cipher
N5l7kwH.png

you people will say "LOOK TODD IS WOKE TODD IS WOKE" while France is burning.

HE'S. TRYING. TO. WARN. YOU.

France has a long history of african citizens, being one of the former colonial powerhouses.
That's bullcrap, even the historical colonies residents never went much to the mainland before mid-20th century. The first massive influx of decolonization refugees was after the Algerian war in the 60s and it brought massive unrest and ethnic tensions, even tho it was a mostly white conservative mediterranean population.

Jews were actually one of the first indigenous (sort of) peoples from colonies (in Magreb) to be given french citizenship in late 19th century, and it created huge outrage, both in large part of mainland France population, and among the Arabic population of the colonies who considered it unfair treatment.

One famous author with afrocaribean ancestry don't make "a long history of african citizens"

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Someone in the other thread was decrying the game for apparently lacking location damage...

Would our prestigious RPG connoisseurs of refined taste and superior knowledge spread fake news? Surely not.

cc2m3fh.png

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
One famous author with afrocaribean ancestry don't make "a long history of african citizens"
It's actually quite amusing how offensive it is to French people to see their history conveyed through a black woman. Please do The Netherlands with a Moroccan next. :lol:

But Americans likely don't properly understand just how racist all of Europe is. Sure, the politics have evolved enough to protect the immigrants but no black or arab minority has had a MartinJr. movement of their own, they are not integrated in any way into the historicaly whiter-than-white society. I guess the brits might be more inclooosive but then again, something-something-brexit.

Europeans are so racist that they aren't even done with the white-on-white hate amongst themselves, let alone start with blacks and arabs. :lol:

VerSacrum

Educated
N5l7kwH.png

you people will say "LOOK TODD IS WOKE TODD IS WOKE" while France is burning.

HE'S. TRYING. TO. WARN. YOU.

France has a long history of african citizens, being one of the former colonial powerhouses.
That's bullcrap, even the historical colonies residents never went much to the mainland before mid-20th century. The first massive influx of decolonization refugees was after the Algerian war in the 60s and it brought massive unrest and ethnic tensions, even tho it was a mostly white conservative mediterranean population.
Didn't France occupy the Rhineland with so many negro soldiers after WW1 it created an entire generation of German mulattos?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhineland_Bastard

tastywaffles

Literate
It's true that the beginning is bland and insipid. But were we spoiled by Baldur's Gate 3? Its introduction is immersive, original, alien, and super epic. The narrative is excellent, and each NPC has an actor's performance. Who could forget Raphael, for example? Here, the problem is that they haven't evolved much, if at all, from Fallout 4. The game certainly has redeeming qualities and some fun to be had, but all of it seems so amateurish now. There's not much to impress on the screen. The ship landing and taking off are pretty good and well-detailed, and some interiors are very well made. However, the first town I see seems far below something like Cyberpunk 2077, which was also harshly criticized at its release. Still, I don't see anything justifying such high specs. As for the gameplay, there's no evolution, and the shooter parts, especially the AI, are far below what you could get in Half-Life or Stalker.
"So we want to do something different than Fallout for once. What now?"
"How about we have the character start underground."
"Perfect!"
"When they exit they find out that they are the Chosen One."
"I like where this is going."
"Then he discovers that he's the Starman!"
"He?! StarMAN?! (the room goes silent as the word MAN bounces off the walls while the team all wear facial expressions akin to having a dog vomit in their mouths) You've been docked 2 weeks pay and your ADL rep will be waiting in your pod after your shift. Be better."
"Starborn?"
"You've just earned yourself an hour in the bouncy castle, Rajpoot. I knew we hired you for a reason."
"I am Mansour. Rajpoot is at the shitting fields (Taco Tuesday hits hard)."
"Classic Raj."
"I am Mansour."

Imagine them brainstorming the beginning of the game.

It's typical BSG casualized shit, although I'd say that it's better than Bethesda's Fallout (& recent TES) titles which was somewhat of a surprise for my admittedly quite low expectations for it in the gameplay & mechanics department
Good modding potential, but certainly not worth the time in its current state.
Is there any modding out the loading screens? It seems like they were put there for a reason: the engine can't handle basic shit. Was it really impossible to make interiors accessible without forcing them into separate gated spaces unto themselves? The game runs like crap now, so I wonder how it'll handle modders trying to implement settlements populated with real NPCs that can be explored without dozens of waitgates.

And then there's the shit menus, the shit characters, the vapid university freshman dumpy loser lesbian politics, and the torrential nogging... This doesn't seem like a game at all, but a dogthroated demonstration of jubilant obeisance to western retardation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom