Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield - Epic Shit Takes from Bethestards

Lemming42

Arcane
Never ever cared about player house mods for previous Bethesda games, but I think a cozier ship mod for this would be cool. The game has a really nice atmosphere when you get back from particularly harsh or hostile worlds and get to sit in the nice warm glow of your ship's lights with all your chosen pals around you. It'd be nice to be able to put some plants and shit around, some pictures, wallpaper, whatever.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The whole questline has been pretty impressive so far, UNATCO-style shit where your handler gets mad at you/praises you based on how much you relied on stealth vs force.
Yes, that’s the one. I have no skills in stealth so I went full commando lol.
Good stuff. I have a psycho predator character doing the Freestar Rangers line, and I enjoy having lots of dialogue options talking about how I don't care about protecting the innocent as long as I get to kill people. I'm worried that the Rangers will never actually kick me out though, just make disapproving noises. After the 4th or 5th time they go "Hey, you're gonna get in trouble mister!" I kinda stopped believing them. But don't spoil it, I want to see what happens for myself when I take it as far as I can :)

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Side note: I think Bethesda missed a huge opportunity with this setting. They could have done a futuristic fantasy setting, like their own Warhammer 40k, sans the grimdark.

Instead, they settled for this generic future, where Earth got destroyed so that they don't have to create a bunch of Earth cities.

skaraher

Cipher
Side note: I think Bethesda missed a huge opportunity with this setting. They could have done a futuristic fantasy setting, like their own Warhammer 40k, sans the grimdark.

Instead, they settled for this generic future, where Earth got destroyed so that they don't have to create a bunch of Earth cities.
Earth was destroyed several centuries ago but somehow people are still ranting about Hitler. :lol:

cpmartins

Cipher

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Who wants nigger free space.
https://321a6220159.acl.multichain....TsxjEvyW4h?filename=[STARFIELD]_No_Blakkks.7z
obs: Also removes other woke related content.

A reminder the pronounce removal mod was removed from nexus already kek.
Any unreasonable method for installing the mod or do I copy to the mods folder that should exist and I'm done with it? I'm about to install my totally legit copy of Starfield™ and was waiting just for this.
Follow below.
Put StarfieldCustom.ini into \Documents\My Games\Starfield
Move the actors folder into \Documents\My Games\Starfield\Data\Textures\

what is up with this link? couldn't you have picked a slightly less suspicious file host? like FBI.gov or notavirus.ru?
The website it's hosted https://basedmods.eth.limo/ doesn't have a specific url for the mod.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
True story: I was playing Starfield and during a very good sequence I asked myself, "What's that feeling, why is this so good?" and realized the game was channeling VTM: Bloodlines. Y'all can scoff and call it AAA trash but some of the content here is really solid.
Then name the content.

Self-Ejected
True story: I was playing Starfield and during a very good sequence I asked myself, "What's that feeling, why is this so good?" and realized the game was channeling VTM: Bloodlines. Y'all can scoff and call it AAA trash but some of the content here is really solid.
Then name the content.
I don't know exploring? Ship building? Raid? Smuggle? Answering distress calls, Betray and crossplay faction?

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Then name the content.
I don't know exploring? Ship building? Raid? Smuggle? Answering distress calls, Betray and crossplay faction?
He wasn't talking to you, you moron, and neither was I when you inserted yourself into the conversation you stupid cow.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
anybody complaining about the combat, try to get some Powers and hotbind them, big improvement over skyrim's who had a cooldownn on them. Investing a couple skill points into boost pack training is good too.

I'm flying around with my boost pack, dropping from above on my enemies and knocking them down with my Powers. Makes for some great hectic moments too. Makes you really feel like some kind of super soldier.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
cozier ship mod
The various cabin modules seem to have different variants, with some having more crew or passenger slots. I'm assuming there are bunk and crafting station modules but the names are unclear and there's no preview from what I can tell.

I tried modding an existing ship (Crimson Haunt); I replaced the cockpit in the same spot and suddenly the game told me it was unconnected to the cabin/ramp and couldn't fly. So I think some of the pre-made ships fudge the rules a bit. Or it's just typical busted Bethesda launch stuff.

FugueLah

Scholar
The gaming loop is pretty clear: land on planets, survey and mine to build/sell/research
To be fair, it's not clear. It's something extra you can do if you want. I wouldn't recommend engaging with this loop much at all.

Vic

Savant
The various cabin modules seem to have different variants, with some having more crew or passenger slots. I'm assuming there are bunk and crafting station modules but the names are unclear and there's no preview from what I can tell.
exd8wu4qrcmb1.jpg

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet..._EstB-bO6rLR2ofnYOmG3SwHgQJIp1A7om45i/pubhtml

OttoQuitmarck

Educated
The gaming loop is pretty clear: land on planets, survey and mine to build/sell/research
To be fair, it's not clear. It's something extra you can do if you want. I wouldn't recommend engaging with this loop much at all.
Yea there isn't exactly one single gaming loop, you can just ignore the planet exploration part and just go ham pirating.

Vic

Savant
The planet exploration seems like a colossal waste of time just like in No Man’s Sky. Sure you can do all that stuff, but why would you do that?
yup, tons of different things to do in the game, bounty hunter, pirate, cargo hauler, etc.

these planets are mostly empty or just have some dudes doing random crap on them, why would you just randomly go to these places?

That's the difference to their previous games (except daggerfall) and what players need to learn.

jaekl

Educated
Patron
If you only play the game for 2 hours and don't like the game, you're wrong because you never got to the good part.
If you play the game for 20 hours and don't like the game, you're wrong because you have to like the game to play it.
This is toxic anti-hater propaganda and I find it *very* problematic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom