Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield - Epic Shit Takes from Bethestards

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I don't think a human-only universe can ever be as interesting as a multi-alien one.
It leaves too much creativity & potential on the table.

If we are truly the only intelligent beings in the universe - that removes something a little special from exploring space.
Except almost all multi-alien fiction just portrays the aliens the way you would a human, or very close to it. Most of them walk on two legs, or at least reason and act similar to the way a human would. Most culture shock moments are based off of actual culture shock when going to another country or talking to someone of a different race.

Klingons are space Arabs, Ferengi are space Jews. Romulans are space Romans that later got turned into space Russians.

Same with Star Wars aliens, unless they're just there to "look alien" and play the flute, which a lot of them seem to be. What are the Hutts if not fat slug caricatures of human mob bosses?

And there are all sorts of creative routes you can go to add strange beings to the universe without a single real alien.

Take a show like Red Dwarf - human-only universe, but set 3 million years in the future when humans are all dead. You have only one actual human on the show for most of the series. And he meets holograms, androids, simulants (think the blade runner androids, but more violent), and genetically engineered lifeforms.

Alpha Centauri before the expansion had one real alien: the planet, but factions like the Hive were more alien to the average westerner than most of the aliens on Star Trek ever were.

Firefly showcased the differences in class instead of racial differences. The Alliance was so far in advance technologically of the colonies that they were practically alien. And instead of Jawas hawking droids, you had old Chinese dudes. Instead of Jaba the Hutt, you just had a human crime boss who was rich enough to afford his own space station. And it all worked because the concepts for these characters are what "aliens" in shows like Star Wars and Star Trek were based off of originally.

Visually, sure, it's hard to beat seeing weird green alien strippers or whatever. But in the end, a thot is a thot, human or not. :M
Female Twi'leks.

racofer

Thread Incliner
image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Fuck,this game is impressive. I haven't been that painfully bored in me whole life. Even sjw faggot worshiping garbo like bg3 is better,i even managed to finish it....somehow. But this one....it feels like an AI generated game,it is empty...generic.....identical. Can't even shit on it for being an sjw garbo,even sjw garbo is written by humies...even if very broken ones. This is on a whole other level of meaningless empty void of nothing.

Goldschmidt

Learned
Why is the company called Bethesda?

The name is derived from the Biblical "Pool of Bethesda," which in Hebrew means "House of Kindness."

Sarah Morgan
(jewish name) is a fictitious character that represents the internazionale juden elite that wants to show the world the path to enlightenment.

ind33d

Learned

The name is derived from the Biblical "Pool of Bethesda," which in Hebrew means "House of Kindness."

Sarah Morgan
(jewish name) is a fictitious character that represents the internazionale juden elite that wants to show the world the path to enlightenment.
actually that makes perfect sense, starfield is getting metacritic raided by popetrannies

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
so just finished the game, not much to say but ALL MY SHIT IS FUCKING GONE!

Anyway I have a good idea for this game but I doubt they'll have the balls to do it: Setting is generic because we are early in the timeline of space faring humans. From here they release DLCs and updates that tell a story, introducing alien races etc. and really making it cool....... yeah, but that would be awesome.

Anyway, gonna play NG+ now and see what I can do.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Because it was founded and originally ran out of a garage in Bethesda, Maryland maybe.
I mean, I think he's probably sperging a bit, but this doesn't necessarily disprove his point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_in_Maryland
Jews have settled in Maryland since the 17th century. As of 2018, Maryland's population was 3.9% Jewish at 201,600 people.
sizable communities also exist in the Bethesda
https://www.jconnect.org/resources/new-to-the-area/maryland/bethesda-chevy-chase-kensington/
The neighborhoods of Bethesda and Chevy Chase comprise a very large set of Jewish congregations in many denominations, multiple options for Kosher and Judaica shopping, and as a result a large Jewish population.

Goldschmidt

Learned

Sarah Morgan
actually that makes perfect sense, starfield is getting metacritic raided by popetrannies
A path of enlightenment where you will be happy with your negro wife and mongrol son.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
It's Rick and Morty adventures in a parallel universe, Morty! Nothing but Rick and Morty all the time, Morty! I got arrested for beating my wife, but try to forget about that, Morty! Believe all women, Morty!

Modron

Arcane
I'd reckon a nonzero amount, out of 633k people I would imagine at least one person of egyptian heritage moved there for novelty's sake at least.

Self-Ejected

Sarah Morgan
Sarah Morgan is nice!
She is my companion of choice.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
so just finished the game, not much to say but ALL MY SHIT IS FUCKING GONE!

Anyway I have a good idea for this game but I doubt they'll have the balls to do it: Setting is generic because we are early in the timeline of space faring humans. From here they release DLCs and updates that tell a story, introducing alien races etc. and really making it cool....... yeah, but that would be awesome.

How many hours was your playthrough?

ColaWerewolf

Educated
I doubt they'd go that route. My bet is a DLC of a hidden Great Serpent city on some uncharted planet. My hope is that they expand on the multiverse travelling and what that could lead to.

Vic

Savant
Sarah Morgan is nice!
She is my companion of choice.
I killed that bitch.

How many hours was your playthrough?
the save file says 78 hours but I think the time keeps running if you alt+tab out? I would say it was closer to 50 hours, but who knows.

I only did main quest and only a few side quests. Most of my playthru was spent exploring the game's systems so how does the game generate its planets, what loot can you find, how do outposts and crafting work etc.

Keep in mind, the game was designed to be played in NG+.... all your items disappear once you go to a new universe, so I'll check out what I can do, maybe do a couple NG+ and then start doing all the faction quests etc.

we'll see

Vic

Savant
I doubt they'd go that route. My bet is a DLC of a hidden Great Serpent city on some uncharted planet. My hope is that they expand on the multiverse travelling and what that could lead to.
I'm pretty sure they will do something with the Creators because the dude said perhaps you will meet them but not today. That's definitely a hint.

house va'ruun definitely too

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom