Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield - Epic Shit Takes from Bethestards

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
but solar systems don't scale the level in my NG+ they are all still the same level for some reason, certain enemies scale like the Starborn attacks
Do you know this for a fact, or are you just looking at the level markers on the solar system? Because what I have played so far has been scaled up, whether scaling would have occurred in the previous universe I don't know though.
yeah I went for an artifact and I was one shotting level 8s with my lvl 30 character..... I will check more locations

the Starborn that attacked me after I got a temple power were scaled tho

Self-Ejected
No man's sky is pretty good
No it isn't

Oh well, Im not going to fight you over it because you are based, I respect you not liking the game, it isn't perfect and has many flaws but at least is a better space simulator than Starfield in my opinion.
I own No Man sky and is not a simulator at all. Yes you can build and land on planets but everything is arcadeish. You dont get to costumize your ship like you do in starfield. Most of the combat is quite simplistic not meant to be complex. Your ship have stats but little of them it has cool land and underwater vehicles and mechs but thats about it. Exploration is cool but is way too easy to find stuff almost all planets have flora and fauna.

Dont judge me wrong i like no man sky but is a total different game from what starfield is meant to be. Is like to compare Baldurs gate with God of war.

Ben Zyklon

Educated
No it isn't

Oh well, Im not going to fight you over it because you are based, I respect you not liking the game, it isn't perfect and has many flaws but at least is a better space simulator than Starfield in my opinion.
Agreed. So is Elite Dangerous, yet both are very flawed games themselves.

Starfield gets both sides of the simulation wrong: It's not realistic enough to satisfy Space nerds but it also has shitty casual gameplay.

Currently I am just playing it as an RPG (the irony) Im trying to see if it at least is engaging when doing quest and stuff and I am definitely not trying to play it as a simulator of space traveling. At the same time is obnoxious to know that Bethesda made a non Bethesda game where exploration isn't the main focus, there is no radiant AI either so the sandbox part is kinda gone or incomplete and Bethesda has never been known for good writing or good main story or even good quests... so they made a game focused on their weakness, its stupid and being the dragonborn in space just proves how bad they are at making stories.

Ben Zyklon

Educated
No it isn't

I own No Man sky and is not a simulator at all. Yes you can build and land on planets but everything is arcadeish. You dont get to costumize your ship like you do in starfield. Most of the combat is quite simplistic not meant to be complex. Your ship have stats but little of them it has cool land and underwater vehicles and mechs but thats about it. Exploration is cool but is way too easy to find stuff almost all planets have flora and fauna.

Dont judge me wrong i like no man sky but is a total different game from what starfield is meant to be. Is like to compare Baldurs gate with God of war.

Yeah, I think I meant that space traveling is much better done in No Man's Sky because its not a simulator indeed, Elite is more that. But even being arcadey and even childish is much better than Starfield in that department.

Ship customization in SF is good but goofy too because you can create very bullshit designs but most of all is kinda pointless when you can't take your ship and go from planet to planet with it without a loading screen, being in a fish tank around a planet is pretty lame... is way better than let's say: Mass Effect in that regard but Mass Effect was first an RPG and never marketed as an space exploiration game and Starfield was... because it's a Bethesda game and they are know to be strong on that aspect.

Vic

Savant
At the same time is obnoxious to know that Bethesda made a non Bethesda game where exploration isn't the main focus
yeah 99% of exploration (of hand-crafted content) happens in the cities and settlements, because...... space is empty

Self-Ejected
No it isn't

Starfield gets both sides of the simulation wrong: It's not realistic enough to satisfy Space nerds but it also has shitty casual gameplay.

Currently I am just playing it as an RPG (the irony) Im trying to see if it at least is engaging when doing quest and stuff and I am definitely not trying to play it as a simulator of space traveling. At the same time is obnoxious to know that Bethesda made a non Bethesda game where exploration isn't the main focus, there is no radiant AI either so the sandbox part is kinda gone or incomplete and Bethesda has never been known for good writing or good main story or even good quests... so they made a game focused on their weakness, its stupid and being the dragonborn in space just proves how bad they are at making stories.
Is not gone there is actually has a lot of sandbox elements the problem is most of them are not in your face and some takes a lot of time to unluck has a way slower progression from Fo4 and Skyrim.

About the femmininity thing.
Look i am all for objectification i love skimpy outfit i love clothing that is pretty and show pretty bodies to look at in games and outside of them.
What i find infuriating is the utter lack of actual pretty clothes in the game. Hell the only person i saw wearing a skirt had not even pumps but freaking flat boots!
Heck in cyberpunk with all the flaws the game has at least you see people pretty dressed.
In Starfield everyone is wearing sleepwear and shoes.

Ben Zyklon

Educated
No it isn't

Is not gone there is actually has a lot of sandbox elements the problem is most of them are not in your face and some takes a lot of time to unluck has a way slower progression from Fo4 and Skyrim.

Look i am all for objectification i love skimpy outfit i love clothing that is pretty and show pretty bodies to look at in games and outside of them.
What i find infuriating is the utter lack of actual pretty clothes in the game. Hell the only person i saw wearing a skirt had not even pumps but freaking boots!

I have to play more to see if I find more sandbox stuff but no radiant AI really feels like a fly on my soup already.

About the other thing you mention well, they obviously don't want women using feminine outfits and I don't mean outfits that make them look like whores but something that makes them look like women, in Atlantis everyone looks like they live in 1984, everyone with a neutral uniform... thats not a future I want me or my children to live in.

ind33d

Learned
I think the character models were purposefully made ugly so as to challenge modern beauty standards or some shit...
Literally war on beauty.
The rest is merely cookie cutter Bethesda gameplay.
i heard that because so much of the game was outsourced the NPCs were just the fiverr indians copying the demographics of their local town

Self-Ejected
No it isn't

What i find infuriating is the utter lack of actual pretty clothes in the game. Hell the only person i saw wearing a skirt had not even pumps but freaking boots!

I have to play more to see if I find more sandbox stuff but no radiant AI really feels like a fly on my soup already.

About the other thing you mention well, they obviously don't want women using feminine outfits and I don't mean outfits that make them look like whores but something that makes them look like women, in Atlantis everyone looks like they live in 1984, everyone with a neutral uniform... thats not a future I want me or my children to live in.
Look i may do this statement that will be very harsh but if i were the lead designer of the game and the art deparment promoted the clothing we had on the game i would had fired all of them.

Vic

Savant
so this ship has 5 crew slots but then the crew just stands around because there is actually no equipment in the ship because I guess it flies itself? And this is the reward for completing the game, who designed this?

Starfield-9-10-2023-9-26-02-AM.png

FugueLah

Scholar
so this ship has 5 crew slots but then the crew just stands around because there is actually no equipment in the ship because I guess it flies itself? And this is the reward for completing the game, who designed this?

If it was the best ship there would be no reason to make your own.

Self-Ejected

Yeaaaah i parked mine in the shipyard and built a new one i like to fly my own design the ship is not ready yet as i am doing it with max tier and that costs a lot. But is fun to upgrade it piece by piece.

Vic

Savant
what level are you and do the level 5 and level 10 solar systems scale to your level in NG+? Because mine don't I'm still fighting level appropriate enemies to the level of the solar system, and it didn't change doing NG+

but I seem to be taking a lot more damage

Vic

Savant
guys how can you have a bug as a AAA game developer in 2023 where NPCs that are dead still stand and breath like alive models? I've seen this bug 2-3 times now. Imagine working 6 years on this game.

Starfield-9-10-2023-9-55-15-AM.png

Yosharian

Arcane
Don't worry guys I'm sure they'll fix that bug very soon

Todd just needs to go buy a new yacht and then he'll get his team right on that

Levenmouth

Cipher
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Except almost all multi-alien fiction just portrays the aliens the way you would a human, or very close to it.
Absolutely. Starfield basically has alien humans in it (no, not the Mexicans), including some weird cult thing and disgruntled spacers who want your shit. Give them a bipedal alien paint job and nobody would blink an eye.
I doubt that would make the game better though.

FugueLah

Scholar
what level are you and do the level 5 and level 10 solar systems scale to your level in NG+? Because mine don't I'm still fighting level appropriate enemies to the level of the solar system, and it didn't change doing NG+

but I seem to be taking a lot more damage
You are taking more damage because you only have a spacesuit equipped. So you don't have the damage resistances from the pack and helmet. I went to the autonomous shipyard station and it had a lot of level 36 robots. I also went to a moon and cleared an abandoned mining rig. There were some low level swarmers there, but also many level 30+. I don't know whether that is standard level scaling or some additional NG+ scaling though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom