Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield - Epic Shit Takes from Bethestards

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I'm kind of digging the New Game+ loop. Because you lose all your gear, you have to gear up from the beginning, which makes a lot of loot useful early on.

But the ship you get sucks, no bed, no crafting tables, tho it's super fast. I switched back to the Frontier, that ship has grown on me.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I've been trawling back trough the thread and the character models are next level ugly

Why didn't Starfield go bold and do something graphically akin to this post? It would have looked fresh and taken the aforementioned developmental leap. It just looks like all veteran developers (looking at Toddler/ Cain, Boyarsky (Outer Worlds) are just jaded now and looking to make a quick mega buck.
Brofisted your post, but on the subject of character faces, it's important to remember that the unique, interactable NPCs are generally far better designed than the procedurally-generated, non-interactive NPCs that exist only in order to fill space in settlements.

These are probably the nine most attractive women for which I have suitable screenshots, who are not necessarily the nine most attractive women I've encountered, much less in the entire game:

nCPTXGO.png

Granted, the supposed existence of technology that allows for complete facial alteration would realistically result in women being far more attractive than is the case in the game.

Though it seems that one of the writers or artists dislikes plastic surgery:

IwExcup.png

Last edited:

Vic

Savant
must have mods: (they do not exist yet, not all at least)

> pronoun remover
> UI mod
> better fast travel
> race rebalance
> no feminist coffee mug text
> beautiful women's faces
> change appearance of many voiced NPCs to make them less diverse and fit the setting better

and with one or two story DLCs it's a 10/10 game

Personally for me:
> more interesting POIs
> collectibles
> more armour set pieces
> more realistic combat
> blood & gore
> more companions that aren't fucking boring
> more ship stuff
> some kind of land vehicle

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Except almost all multi-alien fiction just portrays the aliens the way you would a human, or very close to it.
Absolutely. Starfield basically has alien humans in it (no, not the Mexicans), including some weird cult thing and disgruntled spacers who want your shit. Give them a bipedal alien paint job and nobody would blink an eye.
I doubt that would make the game better though.
I was 99% sure before the (pre-)release the story will be about first contact as there were no aliens in trailers. But apparently not?

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I thought you guys were fucking around with the Starborn thing but it's literally space Skyrim with you finding Space Word Walls and learning Space Shouts. Incredible. All of them are shit, as well, nothing nearly as empowering feeling as Fus Roh Dah. They all feel shitty and weak and it's not clear what a lot of them even do.

Old Hans

Arcane
New dialogue options in New Game+ because you've already seen the future as a Starborn
ironically the starborn cant actually do anything useful with his foreknowledge. You still have to go through the same steps for the quests, so if you need to find someone, you still have to ask around, even though you know exactly where they are.

Vic

Savant
New dialogue options in New Game+ because you've already seen the future as a Starborn
ironically the starborn cant actually do anything useful with his foreknowledge. You still have to go through the same steps for the quests, so if you need to find someone, you still have to ask around, even though you know exactly where they are.
well at least you can skip the whole main quest :lol:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is worse than that tho. Lack of heels is a thing but even if i dont want to wear heels that day if i want to dress fancy i wear laced sandals dresses that shows legs or with sides of the torso. Or even a little bit of cleavage.
Proble is the game even for common clothes makes everyone wear gender neutered crap looks like sleepwear
That is the pronoun future you have no problem with.

biggs

Novice
can you be an asshole in this game?

I can't stand a single npc that I've seen in clips and would want to launch each of them into deep space

Self-Ejected

Saw this review today, dude was merciless.

Seems this dude is just doing that for clicks a lot of stuff he said i disagree with. Skyrim has more roleplay elements? Is he on drugs? Now come on starfield is FAR from perfect but one can't be so idiot lol.
Loading screens!
Absence of roleplay elements.
Oh no invisible wall!

This dude is one of those that CDPR aimed for when they released Cyberpunk.
Seamless this seamless that and ultimately the game is shallow as a puddle.

orcinator

Liturgist
I've been trawling back trough the thread and the character models are next level ugly

Why didn't Starfield go bold and do something graphically akin to this post? It would have looked fresh and taken the aforementioned developmental leap. It just looks like all veteran developers (looking at Toddler/ Cain, Boyarsky (Outer Worlds) are just jaded now and looking to make a quick mega buck.
Brofisted your post, but on the subject of character faces, it's important to remember that the unique, interactable NPCs are generally far better designed than the procedurally-generated, non-interactive NPCs that exist only in order to fill space in settlements.

These are probably the nine most attractive women for which I have suitable screenshots, who are not necessarily the nine most attractive women I've encountered, much less in the entire game:

nCPTXGO.png

Granted, the supposed existence of technology that allows for complete facial alteration would realistically result in women being far more attractive than is the case in the game.

Though it seems that one of the writers or artists dislikes plastic surgery:

IwExcup.png
Was waiting for more proof that it's better than Outer Worlds
:hearnoevil:
Way to go Todd!

ArchAngel

Arcane
Why is the company called Bethesda?

The name is derived from the Biblical "Pool of Bethesda," which in Hebrew means "House of Kindness."

Sarah Morgan
(jewish name) is a fictitious character that represents the internazionale juden elite that wants to show the world the path to enlightenment.
Sarah Morgan is nice!
She is my companion of choice.
She is a space Karen. Terrible

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom