Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield - Epic Shit Takes from Bethestards

skaraher

Cipher
If you only play the game for 2 hours and don't like the game, you're wrong because you never got to the good part.
If you play the game for 20 hours and don't like the game, you're wrong because you have to like the game to play it.
This is toxic anti-hater propaganda and I find it *very* problematic.
Its the same thing every single time. Head they win, tail you loose.

Nothing new, lots of retards defended Skyrim, even on this prestigious forum.

Mortmal

Arcane
For those who are further in the game, is it possible to get rid of Sarah Morgan and find another waifu? I just want jetison her. She's not a good waifu always nagging and moralizing. She dislikes everything I choose. For example, when I blew up the passenger ship, which was obliviously the right thing to do to get faster into the Crimson Fleet, she nagged again, my real girlfriend, she would never ever do that, she would not even bat an eyelid about blowing up a civilian ship! Then, when I asked the president about opening the archives (by the way, it's impossible to shoot the president in the head), she didn't like that either.... I don't want spoilers, but will we encounter cooler companions later in the game?

Robotigan

Learned
Side note: I think Bethesda missed a huge opportunity with this setting. They could have done a futuristic fantasy setting, like their own Warhammer 40k, sans the grimdark.

Instead, they settled for this generic future, where Earth got destroyed so that they don't have to create a bunch of Earth cities.
They said their inspirations were Traveller, SunDog, Wing Commander, and FTL. I'll be damned if that's not exactly what we got.
That's my impression from the gameplay I saw (minus the bug memes, they're hilarious but come on, that's Bethesda charme). SciFi has for a long time now been more niche than Fantasy. And I don't consider Star Wars SciFi.
That's fucking High Fantasy in space to be honest. Doesn't count. Starfield is clearly aiming for the sleek SciFi look for the most part.
The reception is very reminiscent of Alien: Isolation and Prey right down to major outlets like IGN and Gamespot giving controversial scores.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
qvbq3Es.png

FugueLah

Scholar
One of the biggest flaws with the game and Beth games in general is that they tend to give you too much power at the end of relatively easy quest chains. The Stroud questline just gives you a behemoth of class c ship for free/100k credits. The Freestar Ranger chain gives you a 28 energy class A with class c like power. Granted, the ship battle quest requires a decent ship, but it is still on the easy side. The game could use requiem-like mod to balance the progression, so these questlines are at least gated by difficult content and/or high-level skill checks.

Self-Ejected
True story: I was playing Starfield and during a very good sequence I asked myself, "What's that feeling, why is this so good?" and realized the game was channeling VTM: Bloodlines. Y'all can scoff and call it AAA trash but some of the content here is really solid.
Then name the content.
I don't know exploring? Ship building? Raid? Smuggle? Answering distress calls, Betray and crossplay faction?
He wasn't talking to you, you moron, and neither was I when you inserted yourself into the conversation you stupid cow.
This is a forum dumbfuck the moment something gets written is for sharing it to others i am surprised (clearly not) i have to explain a stupid notion like this to you.

Lemming42

Arcane
Finished the Crimson Fleet. I've finished all faction questlines and most big sidequests, so I'm not sure exactly what to do now. Hmm. Might be nearing the end of my first playthrough. Anyone know of any cool out-of-the-way things? I found the Red Mile, which was neat.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Mooo mooo moooo mooo mooooo

What's that Mebs? Oh you're right because we weren't talking to you which is why you inserting yourself into the conversation is bad form. Especially when the first comment you replied to was a joke and the second comment wasn't addressed to you at all. But you are a dumb fuck illiterate cow so you wouldn't understand that.

Self-Ejected
Mooo mooo moooo mooo mooooo

What's that Mebs? Oh you're right because we weren't talking to you which is why you inserting yourself into the conversation is bad form. Especially when the first comment you replied to was a joke and the second comment wasn't addressed to you at all. But you are a dumb fuck illiterate cow so you wouldn't understand that.
Is sad to see what virginity does to a man.

Robotigan

Learned

This is what people like Lemming are trying to sell as "good AI".
I mean, this is why Bethesda was so adamant against ladders. Not because they were struggling with the rigging animation but because it screws up the AI. I'm not sure I can think of a game that features AI climbing ladders in combat sequences. Most games are pretty careful to place enemy AI in controlled environments so they can avoid these edge cases.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard

This is what people like Lemming are trying to sell as "good AI".
I mean, this is why Bethesda was so adamant against ladders. Not because they were struggling with the rigging animation but because it screws up the AI. I'm not sure I can think of a game that features AI climbing ladders in combat sequences. Most games are pretty careful to place enemy AI in controlled environments so they can avoid these edge cases.
COPE

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom