Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield - Epic Shit Takes from Bethestards

FugueLah

Scholar
If it was the best ship there would be no reason to make your own.
what level are you and do the level 5 and level 10 solar systems scale to your level in NG+? Because mine don't I'm still fighting level appropriate enemies to the level of the solar system, and it didn't change doing NG+

but I seem to be taking a lot more damage
You are taking more damage because you only have a spacesuit equipped. So you don't have the damage resistances from the pack and helmet. I went to the autonomous shipyard station and it had a lot of level 36 robots. I also went to a moon and cleared an abandoned mining rig. There were some low level swarmers there, but also many level 30+. I don't know whether that is standard level scaling or some additional NG+ scaling though.

Levenmouth

Cipher
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
What i find infuriating is the utter lack of actual pretty clothes in the game. Hell the only person i saw wearing a skirt had not even pumps but freaking flat boots!
I agree. It makes sense that spacers will wear function clothes, but the game is very clear that most people don't actually go into space, so it makes no sense for them all to be dressed like they're an extra from Equilibrium.
I don't think any game does shoes all that well though, because the moment you start adding thick soles or heels, you have to change the way your character walks, which is probably a lot of work.

a1deeb0a57b2b6c4c9e01c176d72b5a8.jpg

Self-Ejected
What i find infuriating is the utter lack of actual pretty clothes in the game. Hell the only person i saw wearing a skirt had not even pumps but freaking flat boots!
I agree. It makes sense that spacers will wear function clothes, but the game is very clear that most people don't actually go into space, so it makes no sense for them all to be dressed like they're an extra from Equilibrium.
I don't think any game does shoes all that well though, because the moment you start adding thick soles or heels, you have to change the way your character walks, which is probably a lot of work.

a1deeb0a57b2b6c4c9e01c176d72b5a8.jpg
Is worse than that tho. Lack of heels is a thing but even if i dont want to wear heels that day if i want to dress fancy i wear laced sandals dresses that shows legs or with sides of the torso. Or even a little bit of cleavage.
Proble is the game even for common clothes makes everyone wear gender neutered crap looks like sleepwear

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Imagine playing this on Normal jfc I can only imagine how face roll the combat is
I suck at shooters so for me it's good :lol:

tho I did beat FO4 on survival where even at high levels you could still die in one hit, not looking for this kind of experience for my first playthrough tho

Last edited:

ind33d

Educated
Imagine playing this on Normal jfc I can only imagine how face roll the combat is
games like fo4 and death stranding must be mind-numbing for people who play on lower difficulties. games journalists probably played sf on easy and thought it was shit

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
you are forcing me to read your shit which has nothing to do with the game
Even that is a your choice. You could ignore me and not reading my post instead you chosen to read dont blame it on me! :D
just shut up

You really hate women don't you? Maybe spend less time in shitty Bethestard games and go outside and touch grass? You are really angry when women respond to you. Of course, probably 95% of 'women' on this forum are trannies because the only thing more common on the 'Dex these days then an angry neckbeard who gets no pussy, are mentally ill males who think they are women.

Levenmouth

Cipher
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Is worse than that tho. Lack of heels is a thing but even if i dont want to wear heels that day if i want to dress fancy i wear laced sandals dresses that shows legs or with sides of the torso. Or even a little bit of cleavage.
Proble is the game even for common clothes makes everyone wear gender neutered crap looks like sleepwear
There is like a skirt suit sold in Neon and a recolor of it. I think the boldest you can go in this game is wearing a wifebeater.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Last edited:
I picked the christoid background and one of the items you get from the chest is a robe that looked like it could be religious garb but it's just "streetwear". I looked it up and the euphoric fedora background gives you a poncho.

https://gamerant.com/starfield-sanc...new-atlantis-raised-universal-chest-contents/
starfield-sanctum-universum-chest-contents.jpg

https://gamerant.com/starfield-hous...w-atlantis-raised-enlightened-chest-contents/
starfield-house-of-the-enlightened-chest-contents.jpg

the atheist priest looks exactly as you'd expect, at least

starfield-complete-guide-side-quests.jpg

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
When you take off all your clothes, your companion will react to it. Well, Sarah does, at least. "Wow, you must be freezing."
:smug:

This isn't new. They do this Skyrim and Oblivion.
Morrowind already had NPC comments for the player-character being completely naked, but this relied on the PC not having any armor/clothing equipped, because it used, for the conditional statement, the total value of clothing/armor being worn by the player-character, including rings, belts, amulets, shoes, and headgear. For Oblivion, Bethesda created a new variable indicating whether the player-character had any piece of clothing/armor equipped that covered the relevant body areas, since these were now covered by a single piece rather than separate pieces of armor/clothing as with Morrowind, Daggerfall, and Arena.

A futuristic sci-fi cosmos where humans remain the only rationally ensouled creatures is implicitly Christian. Sure, you can make your Type 1 they/them body sway and sashay like a girl; Todd, like God, permits his children to choose sin and death if they so wish. Deus vult, Todd.
TEUS VULT

toddhowardsaviorp5f6t.png

Justinian

Arcane
Developer
They should really stop making FPS rpgs. They suck.

1. Get new loot, it's a cool gun.
2. Shoot new gun at dude in a t-shirt
3. Dude dies after fourteen full mags
4. Throw away gun, uninstall game

Typical FPS RPG content. The problem is that standard RPG mechanics like high HP and armor don't work with FPS games. Nobody wants to shoot a gazillion flesh tank enemies except consoomers.

Proper FPS RPG combat difficulty should come from options, tactics and AI. Not just numbers go up.

But those are difficult and don't make money. It's the reason why FPS AI hasn't improved significantly since FEAR/Half Life 2.
Metal Gear is like that, phenomenal games. I just don't understand how that's going to work in an rpg. Because there's no really building of your character properly in an fps rpg. Unless you build for stealth gameplay, everything is going to feel bullet spongey. You just don't feel the proper impact of character building in an FPS rpg.

There are no great games that are FPS RPGs (besides New Vegas which still has VATS and the combat is the worst part.) They are two different styles of games that don't synergize.
Worked just fine in Deus Ex. And although you played most of it third person, jedi outcast/academy. You can still have enemies where it makes sense to be bullet sponges (vehicles, robots, power armor), you can have enemies that (visibly) dodge projectiles, or deflect them with abilities/gadgets. The only barrier is dev imagination, and possibly enemy AI.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
New dialogue options in New Game+ because you've already seen the future as a Starborn

Starfield-9-10-2023-11-21-17-AM.png

This is actually impressive. How often does it happen though?
Also do any Starborn / The Hunter / Emissary recognize you? It would be weird if they didn't.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom