Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

tritosine2k

Erudite

EvilWolf

Learned
Starfield and Baldur's Gate 3 have reignited the 'quantity vs quality' debate around RPGs that promise a billion hours of gameplay, but I think they can actually deliver:

https://www.pcgamer.com/starfield-a...meplay-but-i-think-they-can-actually-deliver/
Starfield I can feasibly comprehend, but how the fuck are you going to get even 200 hours out of an open world with a few sidequests here and there and a linear story? I know there are a gorillion ways you can complete the main quest in BG3, but it's still a run of the mill main quest with stages. There's no way you can get 200 hours out of BG3, unless you beta test the game for 2 years and do a playthrough every update, like me.

Drakortha

Liturgist
They kicked their own community to the curb.
:lol:
Bethesda forums, which I had been an active member on since Morrowind
:lol::lol: :lol:

I see what this is all about now. You got End of Rhined by Todd.
No, this is about Bethesda not giving a fuck anymore.

For anyone who doubts what I'm saying, go look at Fallout 76 and what they are doing with the Fallout IP. It is some of the worst treatment of a video game IP I have ever seen, a total bastardization. They make Electronic Arts look faithful.

BETHESDA IS SHIT. FUCK TODD!

Last edited:

tritosine2k

Erudite
decline.png
Keep thinking mobile is decline while those guys are learning from all the hybridized PCconsole mishap mistakes, smells
:incline:

... Can't wait for wireless chargers doubling as heatsink.

I liked Fallout4, if only it had more institute and resembled Terminator: Rampage more, my first fps game.
TerminatorRampage_DOS_01.gif

Last edited:

jf8350143

Liturgist
About the romance options, the way Todd describe it sounds like that four people are the only ones having quest line(along with romance). So bascially there are only four companions(WTF Todd), the rest are just crews.

Yosharian

Arcane
About the romance options, the way Todd describe it sounds like that four people are the only ones having quest line(along with romance). So bascially there are only four companions(WTF Todd), the rest are just crews.
I'd rather have four companions that are actually worth using, than 10+ that are fucking shit

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
I'd rather have four companions that are actually worth using, than 10+ that are fucking shit
This. If their questlines are actually good and flesh them out this should be plenty. I still remember Nick Valentine's and that redhead crackwhore's questlines in FO4 which were nice.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Starfield and Baldur's Gate 3 have reignited the 'quantity vs quality' debate around RPGs that promise a billion hours of gameplay, but I think they can actually deliver:

https://www.pcgamer.com/starfield-a...meplay-but-i-think-they-can-actually-deliver/
Starfield I can feasibly comprehend, but how the fuck are you going to get even 200 hours out of an open world with a few sidequests here and there and a linear story? I know there are a gorillion ways you can complete the main quest in BG3, but it's still a run of the mill main quest with stages. There's no way you can get 200 hours out of BG3, unless you beta test the game for 2 years and do a playthrough every update, like me.
I got well over 300+ hours from PF WotR from doing a completionist run. Especially if you take time during the combats, inventory management, exploring every nook and granny, er I mean cranny, etc.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Nick has the best writing, but his personal quest is complete shit. Running all over the map to find 10 fuckings terminal just kills all the good will.

Again none of the companion in Fallout 4 has a "quest line", so Bethesda needs to step up their game big time here.

Late Bloomer

Scholar

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom