Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
A questline is a series of quests.

"Quest" - a video game quest. "Line" - a series.
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/line
a series of people or things that follow each other in time:

It's amazing how many Bethesda fanboys there are here. I remember back when their watered-down FPS games were the gold standard of AAA garbage.

Meanwhile, BG3 (a turn-based CRPG like we all used to say we wanted) gets non-stop irrational hate for things like not starting the plot at an inn, not having a real-time day/night cycle or not being real-time with pause. There are legitimate things to dislike the game for, yet few if any bring them up.

This site has really gone down the crapper is all I can say.

Last edited:

tritosine2k

Erudite
Again none of the companion in Fallout 4 has a "quest line", so Bethesda needs to step up their game big time here.

Huh?

Technically, they all do (barring Dogmeat of course), it's just that most of the quest objectives are never shown. "Pick 30 locks" and "be nice to NPCs 20 times" are integral parts of Piper's questline, tbh.
yeah achievement crap instead of full blown institute surveillance stuff. Setting needs not only more institute but constant surveillance of player AND companion(s). Maybe even mcguffin by making them disappear as part of actual questline. Instead there will be starfield with (even) less focus...

EvilWolf

Learned

It's amazing how many Bethesda fanboys there are here. I remember back when their watered-down FPS games were the gold standard of AAA garbage.

Meanwhile, BG3 (a turn-based CRPG like we all used to say we wanted) gets non-stop irrational hate for things like not starting the plot at an inn, not having a real-time day/night cycle or not being real-time with pause. There are legitimate things to dislike the game for, yet few if any bring them up.

Wow thanks for proving us right, retard.

EvilWolf

Learned
Wow thanks for proving us right, retard.
Right about what, fool? About questlines being different from quests? That's the only part of your gay argument I've read.
I apologize, the only companion I use in vanilla is Danse and I assumed the others had questlines like he did. After looking into it you're right that they all only have a single quest, with the exceptions of story related quests that they're in.

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
Looks like an expensive Mass Effect Andromeda clone. I've got to give props to Todd Howard. He is very good at hyping this piece of junk and charming morons into buying this shit. The youtbe paid shills have are starting to hype this shit also.
Any credibilty Bethesda had left should have been gone after Fallout 76. The last decent game the've released was Skyrim and that was 12 years ago while the last good game was Morrowind in 2002.

NwNgger

Educated

I think things like the unlikable characters, design by and for idiots, and gay sex with a bear, are far bigger reasons to hate BG3 than whatever strawman you've come up with.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Why is Baldurs Gate 3 going to be better than Starfield? Because you can fuck and get fucked by a bear, that's why.

Baldur's Gate 3 looks like it's gonna eat Starfield's lunch when it comes to romances​

Whether you're all about enormous druid guys who can turn into bears or going on dates with hellspawn, there seems to be something in Baldur's Gate 3 for everyone.

https://www.pcgamer.com/baldurs-gat...t-starfields-lunch-when-it-comes-to-romances/

"Have you ever considered the joys and pleasures of sexual congress with a wildshaped Druid?" propounded Baldur's Gate 3 lead writer Adam Smith alongside today's showcase. "Because at Larian, we have, and ultimately landed on the side of giving the people what they want: tender, consensual romance with a man temporarily transformed into a grizzly bear." Alright man, you know what, sure.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I think things like the unlikable characters, design by and for idiots, and gay sex with a bear, are far bigger reasons to hate BG3 than whatever strawman you've come up with.
Two of those aren't even specific. The bear thing just got revealed a few days ago. And what part of:
There are legitimate things to dislike the game for, yet few if any bring them up.
Did you not get?

Read the BG3 thread. All of those things I said are things they've been complaining about since before the early access. I didn't come up with any of it.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Why is Baldurs Gate 3 going to be better than Starfield? Because you can fuck and get fucked by a bear, that's why.
It was really dumb to put that in the game, and even dumber to show it in a demo. Now everyone is going to say "Baldur's Gate? Isn't that the game where you can have sex with a bear?"

Just stupid.

I feel more and more that whatever core team was behind the initial early access content got switched out or otherwise added to, and Larian added more and more of their usual nonsensical garbage.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Jesus Christ. I stopped reading the BG3 thread because of the out-of-control autistic screeching. Can we contain this shit or what?
It cannot be contained. It cannot be controlled.

That said, apparently media articles keep mentioning the two together, since they're close in release date. Go figure. :M

Levenmouth

Cipher
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
and that redhead crackwhore's questlines in FO4 which were nice.

I see Cait left a real impression on you.

6855-2-1451001061.png
Good call. There was a redhead Irish alcoholic in FO4. That's about as much as I remember about the plot.

tastywaffles

Literate

Baldur's Gate 3 looks like it's gonna eat Starfield's lunch when it comes to romances​

Whether you're all about enormous druid guys who can turn into bears or going on dates with hellspawn, there seems to be something in Baldur's Gate 3 for everyone.

https://www.pcgamer.com/baldurs-gat...t-starfields-lunch-when-it-comes-to-romances/

"Have you ever considered the joys and pleasures of sexual congress with a wildshaped Druid?" propounded Baldur's Gate 3 lead writer Adam Smith alongside today's showcase. "Because at Larian, we have, and ultimately landed on the side of giving the people what they want: tender, consensual romance with a man temporarily transformed into a grizzly bear." Alright man, you know what, sure.
2fhl9k.jpg

Ted Litchfield, PC Gamer
Starfield's got plenty of its own selling points, [but they are going to] get annihilated by Larian's stable of demon girl mommies and freaky bear druid daddies.
Journalism is alive and well.

Caim

Arcane
No matter what perversions will be in BG3, I'm sure Starfield mods will be at least double it it.
There's currently rooms on Discord servers filled with modders, frantically discussing how they can surpass what is now sex in a mainstream game.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
No matter what perversions will be in BG3, I'm sure Starfield mods will be at least double it it.
There's currently rooms on Discord servers filled with modders, frantically discussing how they can surpass what is now sex in a mainstream game.
It's Discord, bro.
Were you expecting highly philosophical discussions about Man's place in the Universe or something?

Moink

Cipher
If you wrote a book about degeneracy in the Skyrim/Bethesda modding community "bear sex" would be barely (lol) a footnote.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom