Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Just imagine the suits at Bethesda trying to address the fucked up black to everything else ratio in meetings about bug fixing :lol:

I imagine Todd browsing reddit to see what people think and just being bombarded by googly eyed black people in the worst lighting possible staring at the screen with deathly intent.. page after page after page.

Hopefully their Negro tech is improved in time for Elder Scrolls 6: Hammerfell.. I don't want a buncha scimitar wielding redguards going bug eyed at me.. I might shit my pants.

Elttharion

Learned
Well, that was fast, there is already a live action movie tie in for the game

images

Darkwind

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
>Codexers favorably comparing TOW to Starfield
>Codexers favorably comparing anime gacha games to Starfield
>Main subreddit in full damage control mode
>Steam forums on fire
>Starfield is the new pinata for Youtubers to bash
>Even streamers seem bored with the game
>7/10 IGN dude laughing his ass off probably

Jesus Christ.

:shredder:

Fallout 76 wiped the shine off Bethesda.. watching these large companies (Blizzard, Ubishit, Bethesda) get torn apart by normies is the only way we'll ever get better games again.

It took the retarded cons00mer masses a few extra years (decades) but even the plebs are getting tired of the slop shit that is being served.

Umm, uhh, yeah...

Umm.jpg

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
>Steam forums on fire

Jesus Christ.

Fallout 76 wiped the shine off Bethesda.. watching these large companies (Blizzard, Ubishit, Bethesda) get torn apart by normies is the only way we'll ever get better games again.

It took the retarded cons00mer masses a few extra years (decades) but even the plebs are getting tired of the slop shit that is being served.

Umm, uhh, yeah...

View attachment 40809

Just give me the fucking rainbow emoji and move on.
My cope tank is running on low anyways.

Gargaune

Arcane
So I found this giant landmark on Earth (small spoiler):
https://i.imgur.com/nwknLpu.png
Really? You can land on Earth? Can you make an outpost on it?
You can, but most of it is snowy plains, or deserts. It seems like all major cities have some kind of land mark though, because near this one I found "Hong Kong snow globe" collectible item.
Codex GOTY 2023, finally a game that lets you put "not if you were the last man on Earth" to the test! :-D

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Got 300xp as a reward, which brought me up to level 9. Now Alpha Centauri is a level 1 solar system, so I hope exploring the higher level ones will give more xp. The highest level solar system that I can see right now is level 70.
Dude I hope your enthusiasm lasts you to level 70.

I shall observe the progress of this experiment with keen interest.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
>Steam forums on fire

Jesus Christ.

Given all of these, the fact the codex doesn't like it feels strange. Has this forum really aligned with mainstream tastes?

Self-Ejected
Jesus, I mean the Bethesdas game always had ugly looking NPCs but that's another level of ugly.

Maybe mods will fix it? :lol:
If the generator sucks that much, no simple mod will fix it. You'd probably need to replace a lot of resources or create a new generator. It will probably require a lot of work.
Actually yes. Fo4 has a similiar generator for settlers and there is a mod that actually fixes their appearance.

Rhobar121

Scholar

Alter Sack

Magister

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Got 300xp as a reward, which brought me up to level 9. Now Alpha Centauri is a level 1 solar system, so I hope exploring the higher level ones will give more xp. The highest level solar system that I can see right now is level 70.

Was it worth it? I guess it was fun hunting it down, but the next planet (level 10 or 15) be better very different and have some rare materials and big ass monsters or I'm not doing that again.

I have zero interest in doing the main quest, haven't done anything in that department. Knowing Bethesda it will probably be a let down anyway, and the meat of the game is in the exploration.

So with that, I can finally go to bed after playing this and writing here for almost 24 hours :lol:
Xp earned from planetary exploration and observation it's fixed all around, side quests are only for money mostly with small xp gain. To farm xp you have to attack npc ships but that's after u have finished the game and going straight to new game+ because of the amount of bounty u gonna have to generate.

Lemming42

Arcane
what level are the planets now you are visiting, any cool monsters? Rare loot? Epic weapons?
So far, just by flying into systems, I've gotten:
- a quest where you determine the fate of a lost colony ship
- a quest where you unite farmers against spacers
- a distress call from people under siege
- some televised bloodsport where you have to evade giant alien crocodile things for prizes

Seems like most of the more interesting content is out there in the unexplored systems. Compared with the fetch quest stuff in the cities, it's a big step up.

Planet levels vary, I think I visited a level 30 planet and had to bail out pretty fast.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom