Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
fuck the haters
Didn't you start to hate it too? I'm confused.
No, even I misunderstood Starfield for about an hour, I got outraged that I could easily kill level 65 wildlife but then I realized wildlife is just like cattle, they're not real enemies. I tried killing a level 40 space merc and got rekt. Game is really huge with a lot of stuff going on and very little hand holding.

Reinhardt

Arcane
it's not a colony, there is no more Earth in Starfield, so that's all of humanity you see, not just America, hence the diversity.
Their diversity agenda kind of conflicts the lore, I think.
You can basically redo your character appearance anytime you want, and since it is a future it is not masked as a barber, surgeon or anything like that, but an in-lore service Enhance.
There are even quests about it and NPCs talking about using it etc.
And now the question, why the heck would half of NPCs look like wal-mart abominations when you can pretty get any body and looks you want?
I mean, it's pretty obvious that this body-positive bullshit would dissapear a minute after a service like this becomes available and affordable.
wypepo limited access to it to bipoc of color to keep bruthas and sistas down

Readher

Savant
it's not a colony, there is no more Earth in Starfield, so that's all of humanity you see, not just America, hence the diversity.
Their diversity agenda kind of conflicts the lore, I think.
You can basically redo your character appearance anytime you want, and since it is a future it is not masked as a barber, surgeon or anything like that, but an in-lore service Enhance.
There are even quests about it and NPCs talking about using it etc.
And now the question, why the heck would half of NPCs look like wal-mart abominations when you can pretty get any body and looks you want?
I mean, it's pretty obvious that this body-positive bullshit would dissapear a minute after a service like this becomes available and affordable.
wypepo limited access to it to bipoc of color to keep bruthas and sistas down
41e.jpg

ArchAngel

Arcane
if you have 2 companions on your ship they engage in party banter

also, you can walk around your ship anytime if you are in space by holding E

I was just flying around and heard Andreja and Sarah talking, stepped away from the pilot's seat to listen in on their convo while drifting in space
Man you really need to go and touch some grass.

Reinhardt

Arcane

I was just flying around and heard Andreja and Sarah talking, stepped away from the pilot's seat to listen in on their convo while drifting in space
don't. there is shit on it.

Vic

Savant
really getting into the space exploration now, it's really true that the more you play the more you get out of it. I would encourage all to play at least until the quest "Into the Unknown" before judging it, it opens up a bit more stuff.

Vic

Savant

I touch your moms vagina

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Well thats super lame. I found a random ship parked on a moon, crew was non hostile but I killed them anyway, no option to take the ship.

This is Cottonfield not Grand Theft Spaceship...
You actually can highjack ships, both in space by boarding them and those landed on the planets.
Need piloting skill leveled up for class B & C ships though.

Vic

Savant
Well thats super lame. I found a random ship parked on a moon, crew was non hostile but I killed them anyway, no option to take the ship.

This is Cottonfield not Grand Theft Spaceship...
You actually can highjack ships, both in space by boarding them and those landed on the planets.
Need piloting skill leveled up for class B & C ships though.
exactly, I was actually calling the game Grand Theft Spaceship for this reason, you can just go in and steal their ships.

more retarded hater fake propaganda

Vic

Savant
So Todd(ler) bros is it any good? Rate /10.
it reversed the downfall of western civilization caused by your failed attempt to brainwash people into accepting trannies and faggots and playing barbie dressup with them
We will see at the GOTY awards who wins the normie appreciation
from the looks of it Starfield is getting a lot of normie hate, I think it will take some time for people to start appreciating it.

In a few years people will call Starfield a masterpiece

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
I've just seen a Starfield NPC be shocked at the thought that carrying potentially invasive life forms from planet to planet might result in dire consequences. Said NPC is a scientist.

Look, I don't mind magic Star Trek gravity on board of a spaceship, or pretending you're doing planetary entry quarantine during the loading screens, but you can't then turn around and highlight those things you covered up for the sake of gameplay convenience with a massive spotlight in a major quest.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

ArchAngel

Arcane
I've just seen a Starfield NPC be shocked at the thought that carrying potentially invasive life forms from planet to planet might result in dire consequences. Said NPC is a scientist.

Look, I don't mind magic Star Trek gravity on board of a spaceship, or pretending you're doing planetary entry quarantine during the loading screens, but you can't then turn around and highlight those things you covered up for the sake of gameplay convenience with a massive spotlight in a major quest.
You do know that you are talking about people that designed Fo4 where after 200 years you can still find items that would be completely gone in much shorter time than that. Not to mention settlements that nobody lives in that in 200 years are not taken over by nature..

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
As expected, the ship builder is the best part of this "game" :lol:

Outpost building is basically the same as Fallout 4 - 100% unnecessary with zero effect on the main plot.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
There sort of is.

You can take damage conditions based on what you are exposed to that doesn't just go away with healing. You need a specific recovery item or a visit to a doctor. Things like lung damage, broken/dislocated limb, disease, etc... And you get them based on the type of damage and how you got it. Fall damage can result in a broken limb while breathing in poisonous gas causes lung damage.
Also npcs sometimes fall on their fours and try to crawl away when low on health, looks totally dramatic, even feels bad to finish them off.
Would look totally unsettling if this game had more gore and moans.

man-erg

Novice
300 years in the future and clothes and weapons have changed less than in the last 20 years. Is that explained? Did humanity put all it's effort into space travel, there was nobody left to do anything else? Also, our moral value system will remain firmly locked in the year 2023. Forever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom