Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

Darkwind

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

Proof once again that lefties and shitlibs have never touched a real firearm even once and probably never touched grass. Just slap a bunch of shit on the gun that looks "tacticool" but has no functional usage whatsoever.

fixing that for you.
Fuck Angry Joe, and each and every single one of his dumbfuck reviews.
fallout3_thumb_04-jpg.1255

ind33d

Learned
Are we retconning Fallout 3 as bad? Have you seen every video game in the last ten years? If Fallout 3 were made today, it would take place in South Africa

... Retconning Fallout 3 as bad? :?

Are you for real?
Fallout 3 isn't like Fallout 1 and 2, but Bethesda clearly did their best with what they had. If Fallout 3 is a bad game, what isn't a bad game? Ocarina of Time? That's like saying every golfer is bad because of Tiger Woods

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Are we retconning Fallout 3 as bad? Have you seen every video game in the last ten years? If Fallout 3 were made today, it would take place in South Africa

... Retconning Fallout 3 as bad? :?

Are you for real?
Fallout 3 isn't like Fallout 1 and 2, but Bethesda clearly did their best with what they had. If Fallout 3 is a bad game, what isn't a bad game? Ocarina of Time? That's like saying every golfer is bad because of Tiger Woods
In this insane world its getting more and more difficult to get when someone is being serious or not.

turul

Augur
I guess the worst part of it is someone plays hours of it would imply that he likes it. "if you didn't like it why did you play for 20+ hours? " Right? Well, it's not like that. Either trying to find something redeemable or fun among all the junk in the game, or become like something I call a catastrophe tourist. Like someone who visits a fcked up place just to see how fucked everything is, like a place after an earthquake. Many people who play this are just touching things, pulling things trying to figure out what else is fucked up and how bad it is, what else did Bethesda put in the game, what were they thinking etc. Then you sort of see through the whole game engine and all the 3D game mechanics, you are no longer immersed in the game, but trying to predict how the game is gonna react, just how crap it is.

Other people are just super patient, they start playing it and like having a shit job of standing next to a conveyor belt and sort stuff, the game pulls them into the same crap and they automatically go with tedium like a robot. They are not having fun, but still better than watching the weather channel for 5hrs.

fallout 4 has a slightly more fluid gunplay, but it's actually WORSE than f3 in everything else. even writing, and i'm taking into account stuff like "-i fight the good fight -[int 8] so you fight the good fight" or "-i do drugs -don't do drugs -i won't do drugs".

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
fallout 4 has a slightly more fluid gunplay, but it's actually WORSE than f3 in everything else. even writing, and i'm taking into account stuff like "-i fight the good fight -[int 8] so you fight the good fight" or "-i do drugs -don't do drugs -i won't do drugs".

Fallout 4 is equally or slightly worse then Fallout 3 in pretty much every aspect. But beside better gunplay one thing that F4 does far better then any nuBethesda game is dungeon design.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
the awesome linear mazes which end two steps away from the entrance?
Fallout 4 is a bad game, praising one part of it will not make you fanboy. So no need to be edgy and hating every aspect of it, instead give credit where credit due, and the credit goes to dungeons in F4 that are really good.

Sure there are some small linear locations in Fallout 4 in form of stores and houses, but there quite a few large factories, underground bunkers, random large buildings that have multiple entrances, multiple floors that can be explored in nonlinear manner, places with hidden loot, areas that reward your skill use and environmental storytelling.

Compared to Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim, Fallout 4 is far better in that department.

Wærloga

Barely Literate

Proof once again that lefties and shitlibs have never touched a real firearm even once and probably never touched grass. Just slap a bunch of shit on the gun that looks "tacticool" but has no functional usage whatsoever.

This was one of the aspects of Fallout 4. The game had like 10 shitty guns, and everything else was a permutation thereof. No, I don't want to chop the stock off of my hunting rifle, slap on a red dot and make it fire .50 cal. Can I just get rid of the left handed action? No? Lol.

Bigfass

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
How is Fallout 3 good? Fallout 4 improved on the formula. And Starfield is improving on it again now. It's the same game and if you can't see that then I'm sorry.
Fallout 3 was a bad game when it came out. In hindsight, given Fallout 4 and Starfield, it can now be considered to be a pretty good game.

Yosharian

Arcane
Fallout 4 is a bad game, praising one part of it will not make you fanboy. So no need to be edgy and hating every aspect of it, instead give credit where credit due, and the credit goes to dungeons in F4 that are really good.

Sure there are some small linear locations in Fallout 4 in form of stores and houses, but there quite a few large factories, underground bunkers, random large buildings that have multiple entrances, multiple floors that can be explored in nonlinear manner, places with hidden loot, areas that reward your skill use and environmental storytelling.

Compared to Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim, Fallout 4 is far better in that department.
Somewhat true, but the centre of the map is a fucking mess. It's maze-like but not in a good way - a warren of cells linked by endless loading screens, reducing the game performance to a snail's pace and making the engine shit itself every 2 minutes usually resulting in a crash.

There's a limit to what even the most advanced mods can do with this giant clusterfuck.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron

Somewhat true, but the centre of the map is a fucking mess. It's maze-like but not in a good way - a warren of cells linked by endless loading screens, reducing the game performance to a snail's pace and making the engine shit itself every 2 minutes usually resulting in a crash.

There's a limit to what even the most advanced mods can do with this giant clusterfuck.
While I do think towns as above ground dungeons Im especially referring to indoor dungeons, but I agree with your point.

The center is both visually stunning and gameplay wise complete utter mess. Lexington is for me to be best sized settlement in Fallout 4, not too big or too small, filled with interesting things but doesnt overwhelm you like Boston.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I remember walking through some dungeons in Fallout 4 and my exact thoughts were:
"Holy shit, the inside of this school actually looks and feels like a school! Well done Bethesda!"
Just goes to show how high my expectations are for the studio.

Compared to Fallout 3, I think of it as a much better game, but also a worse Fallout.
But I also don't care about the latter; Fallout 3 already raped and murdered the franchise - for which it shall never be forgiven - so what does it matter if Fallout 4 took another dump on top?

I haven't played enough Starfield to judge how the formula evolved since Fallout 4... I kind of just got bored and moved on.
But compared to Fallout 4, I will praise one thing: The HUD and UI.
Fallout 4's (especially that pipboy) is a crime against humanity, even when heavily modded.
Starfield's is merely bad.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Inclusive Kosher Character Creator for The Jewish People

5383-1697407486-697665243.png

Mazal Tov! This mod ensure the character creator stays true to the tenants of the Torah. All pronoun options have been removed. אני מאחל לך כל טוב
I ask that you please respect the beliefs and traditions of Judaism especially given our rough history. All we ask is that you allow us to have this mod so that we may continue to have a space that we can game and abide by our religion :)

אני מאחל לך כל טוב

Edit : Unfortunately the anti-sematic white supremacist neo Nazi site known as Nexus Mods removed it.
Fake news. The jewish Talmud recognizes eight genders.

(1) Zachar (male), (2) Nekevah (female), (3) Androgynos (having both male and female characteristics), (4) Tumtum (lacking sexual characteristics), (5) Aylonit Hamah (identified female at birth but later naturally developing male characteristics), (6) Aylonit Adam (identified female at birth but later developing male characteristics through human intervention), (7) Saris Hamah (identified male at birth but later naturally developing female characteristics), and (8) Saris Adam (identified male at birth and later developing female characteristics through human intervention).

And this is from over 1500 years ago. Cool it with the antisemitism, guys!
Everyone knows when jews rejected Christ they embraced Satan.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom