Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

Cheesedragon117

Educated

Zariusz

Arbiter

Hah! And to think that just few months ago i remembered seeing 4chan posts about Todd grooming him to be his successor lol.

Grooming him how exactly?

I guess it was a meme reaction to his promotion as Starfield lead quest designer mixed with those rumors about Todd retiring from Bethesda in the close future.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard

Vic

Savant
a "news" article about a reddit post, great

also nothing new here

the fallout 76 collectors edition scam:

sddefault.jpg

the fallout 4 collectors edition scam:

Pip-Boy-12-1-3.jpg

gamers are not learning animals it seems

Quillon

Arcane
How the ship gameplay?
Saw a video on ship building yesterday and it seemed a fairly robust and diverse system.

You build a ship it can look good on the outside & inside, inside probably look realistic too(?) but in practicality compartments are too small and there are too many ladders which are the only way to go up or down. Ship combat is generic shit; feels like driving a truck in space, no where near the agility of rocinante from the expanse in frictionless spaaaaaaaaace. Also the ships in the expanse have better & more spacious interiors.

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister
How the ship gameplay?
Saw a video on ship building yesterday and it seemed a fairly robust and diverse system.
It's very primitive in practice. You're either dogfighting and bursting down one enemy ship by one or setting a bunch of turrets and just you know, flying around. Both targeting and power relocating systems are basically window dressing. Power relocating is a very nice concept by the way but yeah, not with this realization (and it's very annoying feature to use during combat - there's no hot keys, no presets etc).

As for building system itself - also misleading because all the key stats are tied to specific single ship parts as reactor, engine and shield. Most of the rest is hull<>maneuverability tradeoff and weapons of your choice (which has arbitrary limit of 3 types per ship)

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Not even mods can possibly salvage this trashfire.
If the new creation kit sucks balls then you may be right
But considering the bonkers shit people are still managing to do with Skyrim and Fallout 4...
I give it maybe in 10 years before autism catches up with it

Vic

Savant
Not even mods can possibly salvage this trashfire
I spent 90 hrs
you know, if a game is shit, you usually don't play it for 90 hours

I recently tried playing Dragon Age 2 and I couldn't play it for more than 4 hours, towards the end I was constantly rolling my eyes and hovering over alt+f4 until I finally smashed that button and purged that shit from my system, I can't imagine doing that for 90 hours.

Sounds more like you're burned out after playing it for so long. And yes, all systems are unfinished so that is actually how I felt too because nothing was going anywhere in the end.

If Bethesda doesn't care then why should modders? Starfield is different to Skyrim or FO4, which while soulless and broken, they were at least finished products. Starfield feels like they just threw in the towel midway and said fuck it.

Last edited:

Bigfass

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Angry Joe review
He normally adds no value to a conversation but this was funny:

AJ as spaceship captain: What do you mean "we're here"? I didn't even get to do the "are we there yet" joke. There's no travel, or encounters, we're just "here"?
His pilot: Of course we're here. What's your problem, isn't this where you wanted to go?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Amazing video. Explained everything wrong with firearms in the game.

Only one question. Does a small caliber smg outdps "hard target" anti materiel rifle against heavy armored targets like in fl4?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom