Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

ArchAngel

Arcane
The Bethestard tag should be renamed to Adoring Fan
Even that was Bethesda's blatant copy of BG2's Noober.
Adoring Fan was funny for a while and I even tried to use him as companion and not just crew because he can carry a lot of stuff but overall it is better to take parents trait so you can get a free ship from it.
Also Adoring Fan talking animations are almost same (or are same) like many other other male characters. It becomes irritating fast.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
The Bethestard tag should be renamed to Adoring Fan
Even that was Bethesda's blatant copy of BG2's Noober.
Adoring Fan was funny for a while and I even tried to use him as companion and not just crew because he can carry a lot of stuff but overall it is better to take parents trait so you can get a free ship from it.
Also Adoring Fan talking animations are almost same (or are same) like many other other male characters. It becomes irritating fast.
The adoring fan is from Oblivion. Also I took both adoring fan and parents traits, so that's certainly possible.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

From the moment the game starts with the main theme, “Into the Starfield,” to the closing notes of "A Home in the Galaxy," Starfield’s score embodies the notion of exploration, mystery and the wonder of space.

Vic

Savant
there are only 2 tracks which I consider good, and one of them is the title screen music, rest is pretty meh

that's the other one, and it's very cinematic and spacey, plays on snow planets

A nod to this:

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
there are only 2 tracks which I consider good, and one of them is the title screen music, rest is pretty meh

that's the other one, and it's very cinematic and spacey, plays on snow planets

A nod to this:

One of the tracks basically rips off Star Trek.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
is this even gonna be worth picking up in...six years when it's like, five freedom fries?
That depends on whether and how quickly Bethesda releases the Construction Kit for Starfield, so that modders won't be as restricted as they are currently. :M

Rhobar121

Scholar
is this even gonna be worth picking up in...six years when it's like, five freedom fries?
That depends on whether and how quickly Bethesda releases the Construction Kit for Starfield, so that modders won't be as restricted as they are currently. :M
The question is whether decent modders will care about this. The last thing we need is a million crap mods like F4.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Finally finished it, alt-f4, uninstall. 60-odd hours of boring shooting and looting. This game gives me the same feeling as Assassin's Creed Odyssey. On paper it should be the greatest game ever made. Fly into space, get into dogfights, board the enemy ship and take it over, sell it, land on planets, explore strange new places, find cool loot, build bases, upgrade everything, build custom ships, get into hundreds of quests, etc. etc.. And yet it's like the most bland and tedious experience ever. Starfield is the pudgy 6/10 you dated for 2 more years than you should have because she was low maintenance and you didn't feel like finding someone else. Starfield is the crappy job that pays the bills you know you should quit but at least it's secure. Starfield is the all singing, all dancing, crap of the gaming world.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
1696131448331.png

ind33d

Learned
Bethesda should have gone in the opposite direction and instead of the universe being a barren wasteland it's already brimming with life and every world is inhabited, so the player feels insignificant. I think they were planning on making Starfield like Fallout 76 with few to no NPCs and multiplayer but the plans fell through. The gameplay would make much more sense if you were in co-op and could trade mats with a friend, explore the same landing zone, etc. What would Starfield feel like if you were in a fireteam of three human players instead of alone? Probably much better

Vic

Savant
game’s concept is good but it’s underdeveloped

to make starfield truly good it needs:

- more advanced outpost building and more uses for the products. Trade, personal combat robots, power armor/mechs, advanced ship building etc.
- Space combat needs to be much better implemented so it’s actually fun to play
- A lot more unique armor and weapons with unique bonuses that greatly change up how you play your build, add more variety to the combat and make loot hunting more rewarding

etc. etc. etc.

Will we ever see a finished starfield after years of patches, DLCs and 15,000 mods installed? Who knows.

jackofshadows

Magister
^ even with all of that some of the core stuff as inept and bland and as fuck wordbuilding will remain the same. All those space niggerfaggots aside how you can be immersed for example when you have New Atlantis which is actually pretty tiny and surrounded by sheer nothingness? No, no amount of mods can turn this pile of incohesive turds into actually appealing sandbox.

ind33d

Learned
^ even with all of that some of the core stuff as inept and bland and as fuck wordbuilding will remain the same. All those space niggerfaggots aside how you can be immersed for example when you have New Atlantis which is actually pretty tiny and surrounded by sheer nothingness? No, no amount of mods can turn this pile of incohesive turds into actually appealing sandbox.
Would the engine support going underground without switching cells? Maybe modders could leave the planetary surfaces the same but add caves, ruins, etc. sort of like Minecraft.

N'wah

Novice
It's just so... boring. Maybe the NASA "punk" really does it for some people but for me there were no hooks in the first couple hours that made me want to put up with all the loading transitions and clunky UI navigation and Fallout 4 gunplay (again). I'm sure there's some real world scientific explanation why New Atlantis looks like chlorine covered shit but it just lacks any sort of wow factor and the creepy characterless bug eyed npcs didn't help either. I threw in the towel when one of the NPCs wanted me to fetch their coffee.

Vic

Savant
It's just so... boring. Maybe the NASA "punk" really does it for some people but for me there were no hooks in the first couple hours that made me want to put up with all the loading transitions and clunky UI navigation and Fallout 4 gunplay (again). I'm sure there's some real world scientific explanation why New Atlantis looks like chlorine covered shit but it just lacks any sort of wow factor and the creepy characterless bug eyed npcs didn't help either. I threw in the towel when one of the NPCs wanted me to fetch their coffee.
you are boring

jackofshadows

Magister
^ I think that's a perfect encapsulation of Starfiled actually, maybe even every Beth game for that matter. And a motivation video to do something productive. Just imagine how bored one must be in order to do shit like that.

Rhobar121

Scholar
The game would be better if they removed most of the content from the game. What the hell does anyone care about 1000 shitty and almost identical planets?
Make 10 planets and they will be enough.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The game would be better if they removed most of the content from the game. What the hell does anyone care about 1000 shitty and almost identical planets?
Make 10 planets and they will be enough.
It's the 'push a button something awesome happens' philosophy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom