Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Update

https://bethesda.net/en/game/starfield/article/5IleyfqI44NacBQGGC20Km/starfield-updates

Starfield 1.7.36 Update - Fixes and Improvements
General

FOV: Sliders are now available in Settings that allow players using first person or third person to adjust their FOV.

Performance and Stability

[PC ONLY] Improved stability for Intel Arc GPUs.
Various additional stability and performance improvements.

Quest

Echoes of the Past: Addressed an issue where tunneling creatures could pick a location that would prevent progression.
XD
yeah

potatojohn

Arcane
So…… no drifting through space finding hidden shit or encounters (set or rando generated), it is all fast travel? How fucking odd considering since ES Arena, you could walk around aimlessly and find shit. Todd getting more lazy?
There are plenty of random encounters, but they happen around planets.

"finding hidden shit" during interplanetary/interstellar travel doesn't really make any sense, once you take into account how big space is.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Update

https://bethesda.net/en/game/starfield/article/5IleyfqI44NacBQGGC20Km/starfield-updates

General

FOV: Sliders are now available in Settings that allow players using first person or third person to adjust their FOV.

Quest

Echoes of the Past: Addressed an issue where tunneling creatures could pick a location that would prevent progression.
XD
yeah
At this rate, we'll see DLSS3 by the end of 2024, not to mention basics like a map.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Took 3+ hours
05868275-d6b5-4b3c-8ce0-e81f39b67d4c.png

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Update

General

Quest

XD
yeah
At this rate, we'll see DLSS3 by the end of 2024, not to mention basics like a map.
“we”? have you started playing it yet? All I see is you shitting on the game constantly

Rhobar121

Scholar
Update

General

Quest

XD
yeah
“we”? have you started playing it yet? All I see is you shitting on the game constantly
You might be surprised, but I played it (of course I didn't buy it).
I spent all of 20 hours in the game before I gave up.
As a rule, I don't shit on games I haven't played, although I sometimes make an exception for Blizzard and Ubishit.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Only thing I was really wondering was if you can ship to ship combat and board. This short vid answers that:

Bigfass

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
"finding hidden shit" during interplanetary/interstellar travel doesn't really make any sense, once you take into account how big space is.
IKR, if they made a TV show about traveling between stars and having adventures along the way (call it Star Trip or something), that'd be the most boring thing ever.

Just because you have the imagination of an eponymous root vegetable, it doesn't mean capable minds can't make space exploration interesting.

For more starfield space sim discussions
Is that where you try to justify submarine physics, 150m/s main engine speed, spaceship explosions having sound effects (undelayed even), and anything immersive having been replaced with cutscenes and loading screens?

potatojohn

Arcane
IKR, if they made a TV show about traveling between stars and having adventures along the way (call it Star Trip or something), that'd be the most boring thing ever.
TV shows cut out the boring shit of waiting around while nothing is happening.

Kind of like I wish I could cut out your posts.

Just because you have the imagination of an eponymous root vegetable, it doesn't mean capable minds can't make space exploration interesting.
Great, looking forward to seeing what your "capable mind" produces

Is that where you try to justify submarine physics, 150m/s main engine speed, spaceship explosions having sound effects (undelayed even), and anything immersive having been replaced with cutscenes and loading screens?
Welcome to video games, since you don't seem to like them I'm sure you'll fit right in here

ArchAngel

Arcane
So I finished Ranger quest line again in my NG+ but this time I did more random quests from the Ranger Mission Board. Right after that one of the Rangers at their HQ told me real missions are gained from Rangers themselves and gave me one.
Mission was just like ones from Mission Board (go kill bandit X on planet Y) except this target had a name and Todd gave some extra peanuts to the voice actor for that dialogue.
Then I get back and Ranger says now go do some more Missions Board quests so we can give you one more "non Mission Board" quest... this game.. I finished my Defiant, I think I am switching to Everspace 2 instead..

potatojohn

Arcane
New bug in patch?

I can switch to third person while sitting in the pilot seat

If I take off like this then first person is not available. The perspective switches between ship third person and pilot seat third person

Not a big deal, just amusing

WCqeoHp.jpg

Bigfass

Learned
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
TV shows cut out the boring shit of waiting around while nothing is happening.
What are you saying? That it *would* be possible to make an interesting space exploration game, you just don't want to spend a long time between encounters? I thought you had a different issue, but if that's the only snag, maybe look up the concept of pacing. It will blow your mind.

Welcome to video games, since you don't seem to like them I'm sure you'll fit right in here
IDK, seems to me there are plenty of idiots around seal-clapping for goyslop like Starfield.

It's OK to love good games. It's counterproductive to tolerate bad ones.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom