Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

ind33d

Learned

what the fuck? does this mean someone could make a Firefly or Star Wars mod and Bethesda can just buy the licensing rights and make it official? or like Beth could pay Bungie to make Halo levels for Starfield?

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
So far it looks exactly like what I was predicting. Bethesda is going to keep adding content in the form of (paid) mods and seems like this is at least part of their "10 year plan" for Starfield. Though I'd even wager it's their main game plan.

I like it. Let's see how this game will turn out in a few years. If you'd ask me to make another prediction I'd say the media will change their tune and hail Starfield as a masterpiece that managed to redeem itself. That would be funny because the potential of this game was pretty obvious to me from day one.

This is the company that invented microtransactions. I wouldn't put it past them to reinvent them now.

Vyvian

Educated
I like it too simply because it's easy to get any interesting paid mods for free. They can kiss my ass with their overpriced nonsense.

ind33d

Learned
Watch_Dogs 4 will be Planet Chicago in Starfield

All the NPCs are already black

I'd say the media will change their tune and hail Starfield as a masterpiece that managed to redeem itself.

Almost a given. "Actually, ______________ is good now!" is practically it's own subgenre of game coverage.
So this is the point of AAA games being worse each year, they just make the old ones look better and they make it easier for the journos... I see...

Vyvian

Educated
I like it too simply because it's easy to get any interesting paid mods for free. They can kiss my ass with their overpriced nonsense.
Are you a female that likes Starfield? What are the measurements for your clothing? Asking for science.
I'm trying to but it's a strange game where I can play for hours and do a bunch of quests but still feel like I did absolutely nothing.

I'm looking forward to mods growing and hope the creation kit wasn't too late for the good stuff to be made.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Are you a female that likes Starfield? What are the measurements for your clothing? Asking for science.
I'm trying to but it's a strange game where I can play for hours and do a bunch of quests but still feel like I did absolutely nothing.

I'm looking forward to mods growing and hope the creation kit wasn't too late for the good stuff to be made.
That's kind of true for the base game. It helps a bit if you enjoy seeing numbers go up. Grinding XP to kill higher level enemies for better loot, collecting all the space shouts, etc.

And no, I don't think it was too late. There are some pretty cool mods being worked on with several rebalance mods and mods that add more diversity to the procedural generation. The game already looks much better than what I played on launch and that's before the first DLC even dropped.

ind33d

Learned

That's kind of true for the base game. It helps a bit if you enjoy seeing numbers go up. Grinding XP to kill higher level enemies for better loot, collecting all the space shouts, etc.

And no, I don't think it was too late. There are some pretty cool mods being worked on with several rebalance mods and mods that add more diversity into the procedural generation. Game already looks much better than what I played on launch and that's before the first DLC even dropped.
Killing Starborn is fun, the problem is that the power temples are all just one room and a boss fight instead of an entire dungeon like Todd envisioned. They were clearly supposed to be like Oblivion Gates

Lemming42

Arcane
The Creation Kit seems to have frankly resulted in jack shit so far. It really is too little too late and unless Shittered Space saves the day then I don't think it's ever going to get the kind of modding community that Skyrim et al had.

I mean most of the top mods on the Nexus right now are still stupid shit like "replace all posters with AI-generated speedo hunks" and "some weapon from some shitty Star Wars thing that looks totally wrong when put next to every other asset in the game and also sucks balls" and "new haircut for Sarah that looks way fucking worse and also deletes your save due to a mistake by the modder" and "minor mechanical tweak which you literally won't notice in-game". Unlike TES and Fo3/FNV there's just no basis to start building mods on.

Custom POIs is the only exciting thing and it's so much work that I can't imagine that we're gonna see many. The NuDoom mod is kind of a testament to how hard it is to actually mod this game because it obviously sucks but at the same time, what the fuck are you meant to do other than shove random disparate shit from other franchises in?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom