Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Weirdly, the most developed features of the game - ship building and outpost building - are completely optional, I didn't touch them and managed well enough (playing on Hard).
IIRC you need to upgrade your ship only once to increase its flight distance to reach the final quest.
Yeah but you don't need to level up any skills to do that. Even playing on Hard you don't need to touch any of the crafting, building or modifying your weps, spacesuit, ships or outposts features. And they're a VAST part of the game, totally unnecessary. I hate this shit in gaymz, reminded me of RDR2 - a plethora of shit to do (robbing, hunting, crafting etc.) but you absolutely don't need any of it. Why, devs, why.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Yeah but you don't need to level up any skills to do that. Even playing on Hard you don't need to touch any of the crafting, building or modifying your weps, spacesuit, ships or outposts features. And they're a VAST part of the game, totally unnecessary. I hate this shit in gaymz, reminded me of RDR2 - a plethora of shit to do (robbing, hunting, crafting etc.) but you absolutely don't need any of it. Why, devs, why.
Yeah that's why we've been saying that Starfield is unfinished all this time. It's like a canvas for modders to fill in. There are already mods that vastly improve crafting and ship building and make them more meaningful.

Lemming42

Arcane
I know it's been mentioned before but what the fuck is this?

https://www.starfieldradio.com/

They must have licensed all these junk songs for this site so I wonder why they're not in the game. It's stunning how much shit seemed to have been planned for this game, worked on, then just not included. They should have gone all out and licensed every space song ever written - Rocket Man by Elton John, Space Oddity by David Bowie, Starships by Nicki Minaj, the works. They could even have made Todd sing cover versions. "Ground control to Major Todd," all that.

"Though I've got a hundred thousand mods
I'm feeling very bored
And I think the players know which way to go
Tell the devs we don't enjoy the game, they know
Microsoft to Major Todd
Your game is dead, there's something wrong
Can you hear me Major Todd
Can you hear me Major Todd"

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
They must have licensed all these junk songs for this site so I wonder why they're not in the game. It's stunning how much shit seemed to have been planned for this game, worked on, then just not included.
I'm not sure I understand. This Starfield radio was done by a fan. Doubt they actually licensed anything. This person also released a mod to add his radio to the game.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yea lack of vehicles was such a glaring omission in the vanilla, like holy shit, running everywhere like a fucking Kenyan marathoner.

PlayerEmers

Educated
You can change the color.
wow

B R A V O T O D D
R A V O T O D D B
A V O T O D D B R
V O T O D D B R A
O T O D D B R A V
T O D D B R A V O
O D D B R A V O T
D D B R A V O T O
D B R A V O T O D

TAKE MY MONEY, GIVE ME THE BLUE COLOR PLEASE

ind33d

Learned
i wonder if the POI system was originally supposed to assume the player had a buggy and the points of interest were meant to be farther apart instead of six feet away from your landing zone. that's probably why they didn't notice the POIs repeating so often

FrostRaven

Literate
i wonder if the POI system was originally supposed to assume the player had a buggy and the points of interest were meant to be farther apart instead of six feet away from your landing zone. that's probably why they didn't notice the POIs repeating so often
No. Todd said in an interview that I linkd a few pages back that they decided from the beginning NOT having vehicles to "control how fast you discover things". So.... no, they just patched it to make less glaring the issue, but they wholly intended for the game to have lot of "walking grind" between POI, probably to pad the length of the game.

Lemming42

Arcane
So it's basically another faction questline with a home planet, to sit alongside UC and Freestar. That's great since the faction questlines were the good part of the game, if they can just add a few more in over the next year or two then we're off.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So it's basically another faction questline with a home planet, to sit alongside UC and Freestar. That's great since the faction questlines were the good part of the game, if they can just add a few more in over the next year or two then we're off.
Yea faction questlines are the best thing about the game, especially if they keep the caliber of rewards (the best ship in the game for completing Rangers, lessgo).

Lemming42

Arcane
Wonder when a good time to start a new playthrough in preparation for Shittered Space is. I don't want to use my existing save because I've forgotten half the game and what my character build is so it's probably best to start fresh, but knowing Bethesda the expansion will be integrated weird as fuck and require you to be a very specific level or it'll be too easy/too hard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom