Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter STASIS 2: BONE TOTEM - new isometric adventure in Stasis universe set in deep sea installation

lightbane

Arcane
Is that a cute-looking robot? Expect him to have an horrifying fate, as par on course for STASIS games. Also, NIER.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yes I need more stasis
ENvAd_tWoAUgqDh.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
Pure :incline: Can't wait to see how you'll totally subject the protagonists to a bleak ending.
It would be a change if there's actually a good ending ala Sanitarium and I haven't played fully Beautiful Desolation yet. But, knowing your track record, I bet the pattern is already established.

lightbane

Arcane
Hey, it's fine, I dislike both games equally, one for being pro-commie and with way too much text, and the other for caving to SJWs and allegedly treating Avellone like their bitch, as well as being boring walls of text as well.

I dunno if it's the case with Pillars, but, seeing it is the same company, I remember that Numanuma had serious translation errors for non-English languages. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case for the Pillar games.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Just for this occasion I have replayed both Stasis and Cayne. Stasis was even better than I remember it being, the pre-rendered environments are still as slick as ever, the voice acting actually good, great ambience and sound design. Conceptually it's fucking trite, reading diaries written by dead people on a doomed ghost ship with abominations crawling around, that's been done to death already, right? Wrong, it's all about execution and Stasis did that well. Those PDA entries were still fun to read on the second go. It even manages to make interpersonal relationships fun to read about. I also liked how none of the puzzles operated on moon logic, it all felt very grounded. And holy crap, I had forgotten about the surgery scene.

I still don't know why Malan was so pissed off at John, I might have missed a PDA or something. I don't remember John taking a shit in his cornflakes.

Then Cayne is more lighthearted, despite being almost as gruesome. The character models are also now in full 3D and I'm not sure if that change was for the better. Pre-rendered models against a pre-rendered background just can't be beat. It was three hours long compared to those eight hours of Stasis, but I did laugh quite a bit during those three hours. It might not be a straightforward puzzle like in the original game, but whipping a strange mutant larva woman in some bro stereotype's sex dungeon to get her milk was funny.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Demo is out.

Salvaging duo, Charlie and Mac scour the ocean for a living. They hit the motherload and come across DEEPSEA 15; A seemingly abandoned Cayne Corporation rig in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

It only gets worse from there…

STASIS: BONE TOTEM is a thrilling and spine-tingling journey into the unknown fathoms of the icy ocean and the terrors that await a family. They will uncover a threat far beyond their wildest dreams.

gif_1.gif

A NEW STORY
Experience a new gruesome narrative with a fresh cast but featuring the same gameplay as STASIS and CAYNE.

Combine items, interact with computers, and solve puzzles while experiencing the gritty atmosphere!

Mac, Charlie, and their Super-Toy Moses will scrape the depths of resilience and descend into a sci-fi horror story that will test their resolve and relationships and push them to the darkest corners of mankind.

char_0.gif

FEATURES
  • Beautifully rendered isometric backgrounds
  • Toggle back and forth between 3 unique characters
  • Use an innovative shared inventory system
  • Puzzles and story-based gameplay
  • Voiced characters
  • Explore a world full of rich deep history and lore
  • Full motion video cut scenes
  • Unique deaths
  • Personal ‘self-destruction’ achievements
  • Ultrawide screen support
  • 4k support

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Good luck with the game Pyke . May I ask why did you decide against Kickstarter, doing your own fundraiser instead? I just assume that the higher visibility of Kickstarter would yield more money.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Good luck with the game Pyke . May I ask why did you decide against Kickstarter, doing your own fundraiser instead? I just assume that the higher visibility of Kickstarter would yield more money.

We are in a pretty good position where don't need the money to actually finish the game - but we want the advantages that crowdfunding gave us. So the accountability, the community interaction, and also have an increased budget in some cases to expand on parts of the game that our current funding won't quite stretch to (additional languages, more words, expanded music, etc).

The quick burn 30 day 'do or die' campaign just seemed like a bit of overkill for us right now - so we want to grow our support base and fan base without having to rely on a third party website like Kickstarter. We've always been fiercely independent - so any way to retain that independence and carry on building on our foundation as a company seemed like a good way to go!

Neuromancer

Augur
Can we get the demo outside of Steam?

For the foundraiser:
No option for a physical release this time?

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Can we get the demo outside of Steam?

For the foundraiser:
No option for a physical release this time?

Not right now. We have asked GOG if they want to host it - so I'm sure that'll happen in the future.

No physical releases this time. The shipping costs and all the additional stuff that COVID has brought into the world has made trying to get physical boxes out there a nightmare for us! So we figured we just want to focus on the game and getting it out into the world.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ric-scifi-horror-adventure-game/posts/3014321

STASIS 2 (STASIS: BONE TOTEM) ANNOUNCEMENT

76b19d0439b24b6cd0dbdff35f18449e_original.png

Hi guys!

I know you're all just itching for more STASIS... and so, your wish has been granted! We are super excited to

announce STASIS: BONE TOTEM at https://www.stasis2.com!

You were pivotal in making STASIS a reality and now we want to do it again!
Watch the teaser trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE_BrWHTvnA

This is a fresh, new story in the STASIS universe - we're going to assume poor John is still out there on the Groomlake :)

STASIS: BONE TOTEM introduces salvaging duo, Charlie and Mac, as they scour the ocean for a living.

They hit the motherload and come across DEEPSEA 15; a seemingly abandoned Cayne Corporation rig in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

It only gets worse from there… (As STASIS fans, you know what we mean!)

STASIS: BONE TOTEM is a thrilling and spine-tingling journey into the unknown fathoms of the icy ocean and the terrors that await a family. They will uncover a threat far beyond their wildest dreams.

Mac, Charlie, and their Super-Toy, Moses will scrape the depths of their resilience and descend into a sci-fi horror story that will test their resolve, their relationships and push them to the darkest corners of mankind.

AND... YOU CAN PLAY IT NOW!

We mean, right now! We've created a DEMO for you to play, please check out https://www.stasis2.com

We've cross-posted this to the DESOLATION backer page, so, sorry if you get a double update.

Chat soon!

Chris & Nic

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom