Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter STASIS 2: BONE TOTEM - new isometric adventure in Stasis universe set in deep sea installation

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I assumed the images on the computers were a way of showcasing some of the game's concept art.

Last edited:

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I'm playing this very slowly, only in chapter 3 but I'm not sure what you guys mean by blips and guidelines for newbies? Maybe I'm too engrossed to pay attention to the UI's finer details. Maybe I'm lucky not to be spoiled.

Playing a Stasis world game again reminded me how much I can almost smell what I see.

don_tomaso

Liturgist
I'm playing this very slowly, only in chapter 3 but I'm not sure what you guys mean by blips and guidelines for newbies? Maybe I'm too engrossed to pay attention to the UI's finer details. Maybe I'm lucky not to be spoiled.

Playing a Stasis world game again reminded me how much I can almost smell what I see.

At least to me, the "blip" lines telling you where all the hotspots are get too intrusive and removes the feeling of exploration and instead overwhelms me with a "here is everything in this scene, please read" everytime I enter a new room. The other side of the spectrum is stasis 1 which had some extreme cases of pixel hunting which is not fun either.

Wish there was a perfect solution to this but can't think of any, guess I'm not game designer material :( I guess more in-world visual hints towards interactable objects instead would be the most satisfying from a gameplay perspective, but I also guess it's not always easy to do.

ScrotumBroth

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Very strong influence of The Expanse combined with Slither in the lab. Love it. And a subtle nod to Dead Space with the whistling. Me like.

And completed! Worth every dollar and every minute played.

What's with the happy ending? Or am I missing something? I'm super distrustful of the notion that Chris would just let us have a reprieve and allow Charlie and Moses to survive.

Last edited:

KafkaBot

Scholar
This game was phenomenal, but there was one thing I genuinely didn't understand... not sure if it's anwered on a PDA somewhere...

Why the hell was there a FEMALE TORSO spouting breast milk inside a dead brain? I seem to remember those brains being grown in VATs, which explains how that creature was born from it in the first place, but that whole milk thing seemed completely random.

Maybe I'm just pissed it took me a lot of time to understand what I needed to do with that pump, but still.

Ivan

Arcane
Also had a good time with this. I suck at these games so I kept the guide pdf handy, but truly I was impressed by how much the game flowed without my resorting to it. The characters were compelling and the voice acting was top notch, I particularly enjoyed Faran. Gonna youtube the deaths I missed.

Also, if memory serves, Stasis 1 used the word viscous as much as this entry uses the word "ejaculate" or "vomit" :D

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Faran is great, but the game made it harder to take him as seriously as the story merited by naming him after a Brian Fargo self-insert from Wasteland.

Last edited:

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Faran is great, but they made it harder for me to take him as seriously as the story merited by naming him after a Brian Fargo self-insert from Wasteland.
That was his backer reward - plus, Brian has been such a big supporter of ours!
Faran was originally a much smaller roll. In my original treatment he dissapeared after Chapter 2. I'm forever grateful to Jack for beefing him up and fleshing him out as much as he did!
This game was phenomenal, but there was one thing I genuinely didn't understand... not sure if it's anwered on a PDA somewhere...

Why the hell was there a FEMALE TORSO spouting breast milk inside a dead brain? I seem to remember those brains being grown in VATs, which explains how that creature was born from it in the first place, but that whole milk thing seemed completely random.

Maybe I'm just pissed it took me a lot of time to understand what I needed to do with that pump, but still.

The creature was a 'child' created from the memories that were being imprinted into the brain. The torso was the physical manifesttion of the wife/mother. Plus, for some reason our games always have breast milk in them. I'm sure theres some freudian reason...

Also had a good time with this. I suck at these games so I kept the guide pdf handy, but truly I was impressed by how much the game flowed without my resorting to it. The characters were compelling and the voice acting was top notch, I particularly enjoyed Faran. Gonna youtube the deaths I missed.

Also, if memory serves, Stasis 1 used the word viscous as much as this entry uses the word "ejaculate" or "vomit" :D

So glad you dug it! I think there is also a lot of 'pustules' in there.. :D

KafkaBot

Scholar
Do i need to have played the first one ?
No, but the game has lots of references to both Stasis and Cayne, so you will enjoy it a little bit more if you play both of them first. That said, it's definitely not a necessity.

The first game is quite good, so I'd definitely recommend it if you like the genre. Cayne is free, but it is also not nearly as good as the two Stasis games and the few essential plot points it has are concentrated at the very end. I don't regret playing it to completion, but will readily admit that I was bored for a significant part of the experience and wouldn't have lost much if I'd just read a summary of the game's plot somewhere.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I Like bone totem better than BD and stasis. In term of plot it's a lot less cryptic and overall better characterization, but imo beautiful desolation has pretty great world and visual design. Bone totem is also the best in term of puzzles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom