Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Statement from RPG Codex about Chris Avellone

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
And if that's our attitude towards men, then what about the women that have grabbed my ass at parties.

Dude, we've seen you on video. Absolutely no one is going to believe that anyone has ever grabbed your ass.
You'd be surprised at the number of 40+ year old women who go for the ass grab during a hug at a party where alcohol is involved. Stop thinking all women are gorgeous blondes waiting for you to simp over them.

You were much better when you were silent, DU, only popping in here or there for the occasional sarcastic one-liner. It gives you an air of mystique and makes people think you are smarter than you are.
Starts with this.

What makes Codex special is that it's a free-speech zone that welcomes all opinions, regardless of what they might be.
And ends with this. I don't think those words mean what you think they mean.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Come home, Avellone. We're all you have left now.

You belong here.

With us.

One of us one of us one of us one of us one of us...

gooble gobble gooble gobble

ONE OF US ONE OF US...

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Also, I discovered several years ago I'm not really "Sicilian" as much as a blend of Hungarian/German/(Scotch-)Irish... with a quarter Sicilian thrown in for good measure. And maybe a lot of Scotch in the Scotch-Irish part.
This sounds like he did one of those DNA tests that show bullshit to make you think more "inclusively" about your heritage. And they can do that, because Hungarians/Germans/Italians/etc have almost the same admixtures. Pinging Humanophage to confirm.

Sounds unlikely that he thought himself Italian and then bam, he discovers all those different ancestries.

Humanophage

Arcane
This sounds like he did one of those DNA tests that show bullshit to make you think more "inclusively" about your heritage. And they can do that, because Hungarians/Germans/Italians/etc have almost the same admixtures. Pinging Humanophage to confirm.

Sounds unlikely that he thought himself Italian and then bam, he discovers all those different ancestries.
Could be, but the admixture doesn't seem implausible. I don't think any test specifically refers to Hungarians either. People often identify too much with some small part of their heritage, often the one where their name comes from.

Italians differ a fair deal from Germans and Hungarians though, especially south Italians. They are much more Mediterranean in general, plus a fair deal of West Asian thrown in for good measure the further to the south you go.

Vatnik Wumao

Could be, but the admixture doesn't seem implausible. I don't think any test specifically refers to Hungarians either. People often identify too much with some small part of their heritage, often the one where their name comes from.

Italians differ a fair deal from Germans and Hungarians though, especially south Italians. They are much more Mediterranean in general, plus a fair deal of West Asian thrown in for good measure the further to the south you go.
He might've just done his genealogical tree through records and/or talking to relatives.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Also, I discovered several years ago I'm not really "Sicilian" as much as a blend of Hungarian/German/(Scotch-)Irish... with a quarter Sicilian thrown in for good measure. And maybe a lot of Scotch in the Scotch-Irish part.

Would explain him cucking so badly though, the Sicilians are tough bunch who would not apologize like this.

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
Btw I showed this twitter stuff to a few lady friends, some of which have have had real, serious, problems with sex predators, and they agree that this is totally blown out of proportions.
One said "they are terrorists who want all women who had this kind of problems to speak in the same uniform, smoothed out, voice".
Mostly a Europe vs USA thing, I guess.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
No accountability, no logic, no reason, no agency- sounds like kids to me.

Indeed, which is why apparently dirty old man Avellone can "feed" them drinks, like they're some toddlers.

I prefer treating them as adults, capable of saying no to a drink and bearing equal responsibility if they indeed choose to get drunk with a guy.

eilef

Educated
Good news everyone, based on "witness" reports Avellone can still be gay! Do not lose hope :lol:

JKHno4U.png

mondblut

Arcane
Codex's myriad and diverse voices can speak for themselves on the issue of MCA's canceling. And they do, loudly. We don't need or want mods to make political statements for us in the forum's official news section. What makes Codex special is that it's a free-speech zone that welcomes all opinions, regardless of what they might be. It's not an alt-right ResetEra, and I hope it doesn't become one.

User has been banned for doubting white supremacy.

A horse of course

Dude, we've seen you on video. Absolutely no one is going to believe that anyone has ever grabbed your ass.

I would

You were much better when you were silent, DU, only popping in here or there for the occasional sarcastic one-liner. It gives you an air of mystique and makes people think you are smarter than you are.

True. DU is scum.

It also adds credence to the idea that Codex is a free-speech zone, rather than explicitly an alt-right haven. If the owner and mods of Codex start making official political statements in the news section, it's just going to cement the idea that Codex is just the mirror opposite of group-think shitholes like ResetEra, where the powers-that-be are weighted heavily to one end of the political spectrum and the forum itself enforces and reflects that.

Codex's myriad and diverse voices can speak for themselves on the issue of MCA's canceling. And they do, loudly. We don't need or want mods to make political statements for us in the forum's official news section. What makes Codex special is that it's a free-speech zone that welcomes all opinions, regardless of what they might be. It's not an alt-right ResetEra, and I hope it doesn't become one.

How many codexers have been banned for "not believing whites" or "dismissing the concerns of men" or "arguing in bad faith against vulnerable groups" and all the other shite pedoera bans for daily? Every single time something like this flares up, the glow-in-the-dark enlightened centrist codexers suddenly come out of the woodwork to make these same wild claims about codex turning into a right-wing version of the thoughtcrime re-education camps that constitute the rest of the internet. And it never happens. Nobody disputes that DU is a retarded, ugly FAS abortion, but he does what he promised to, which is let everyone be and sort it out amongst themselves, except on those occasions he needs his pathetic little ego stroked and makes some unfunny joke or le epic trole admin prank to get brofists from mouth-breathers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
This sounds like he did one of those DNA tests that show bullshit to make you think more "inclusively" about your heritage. And they can do that, because Hungarians/Germans/Italians/etc have almost the same admixtures.

Not called Amerimutts for nothing. I took a test and it was extremely accurate based on my own knowledge of my family tree.

Silly Germans

Btw I showed this twitter stuff to a few lady friends, some of which have have had real, serious, problems with sex predators, and they agree that this is totally blown out of proportions.
One said "they are terrorists who want all women who had this kind of problems to speak in the same uniform, smoothed out, voice".
Mostly a Europe vs USA thing, I guess.

I am also under the impression that mostly Americans react that strongly. Recently there was also a problem with an essay that was published in a journal for chemistry that was deemed racist/misogynous. Afterwards all of the Americans and a few other members on the advisory board of the journal stepped down from their position.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom