Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Stellar Tactics, a sandbox sci-fi RPG - now available on Early Access

Aemar

Arcane
AI factions and individuals running/doing things and having their own agenda, etc.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Amazing if he could pull that off, that was the only thing that was really missing for me in Star Traders Frontiers.

The whole game still seems a little too ambitious for one guy to pull it off put people here who have played early versions seem to be cautiously optimistic.

Morkar Left

Relatively quite for the dev. I hope he didn't catch corona...

Aemar

Arcane
He's active on the Steam discussion forums. Too bad he doesn't post here anymore.

Aemar

Arcane
I don't think he's banned people on Steam. He seems one of those devs that replies as much as possible.

StellarTactics

Maverick Games
Developer
I'm still here - just very busy with the next content update - boarding. Every ship in the game has had its interior modeled and today I completed hooking up all the AI, mission targets etc. Now, on to code the boarding procedures, repair systems, and other objectives for boarding. 35+ days getting everything rigged and over 40 new levels/locations.

Autonomous Universe AI - this is actually in the game at a fundamental level - that is, AI choose what they are doing, travel between systems on various tasks (exploration, trading, faction warfare etc.). Right now you can see them FTL into systems, travel to a station, undock and leave with a new objective. Each of these ships is an AI doing what players do for the most part. I'll be looking at this more in the future so this is exposed to the player and they can have more of an effect on the factions, economy, and exploration.

I should visit more often - I've just been slammed, and (as of now) no corona, thank you very much! I hope all of you are well and safe in these odd times.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/465490/view/2230917304391678800

Boarding - First Look
A quick look at the new boarding system scheduled for release in June.

Well, I’m code complete on the boarding system as of today. I’ll be fixing a number of bugs, play testing, balancing, and finalizing everything over the next few weeks.

Boarding is accomplished by:
1) Disabling a ship's shields. At this point, a new icon appears next to the ship's target menu.
2) Selecting the subsystem targeting icon lets you target various ship subsystems (engines, turrets, and ship systems).
3) Once those are destroyed, you can board the ship.

You are competing against the enemy crew who is trying to repair their shields. In most cases, with decent turrets, this should never be a problem.

Every ship in the game (40) has had its interior modeled, enemies placed and objectives scripted. When you board a ship, you will need to eliminate the crew, repair or salvage various systems for components and place a beacon on the ship's helm.

Once a beacon is placed, you can then contact Arkus, a salvager who will give you a fixed price based on the current state of the ship. Repairing a ship before selling it will get you the best possible price, however, Arkus pays well below the market average for ships for his services. The prices are fair for the effort and he handles translocation, dismantling, and distribution. So, boarding is relatively balanced with most other activities in the game. Scrapping components is critical as these components can only be obtained by scrapping boarded ships. As you gain skill in repair, and with a decent salvaging skill (and upcoming perks), repairing ships to full capacity for full bonus sale prices to Arkus becomes easier.

I had hoped to get the updated skill and perk system in for this next patch but will need to work on this more after the release of the boarding patch. This patch has had a massive amount of work put into it and it’s taken a bit more time than I anticipated.

I hope you are all well and safe. Thanks as always for supporting Stellar Tactics!

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Disable, board, capture and sell enemy ships
I'm releasing the boarding content patch today. Every ship in the game can be boarded and I'd like to hear your feedback on the new system. This is one of the last core systems that needed to be implemented. It will be important as I expand the current mission system adding more variety, branching missions, and of course for the game story where there will be a number of ships that need to be boarded for various reasons. If you find any issues, please post in the bug forums and I'll take a look. As with all updates, there are likely edge cases and bugs that will only show up when people start playing the new content. I'll keep an eye on the forums and patch out any issues.

As it is, boarding is a nice add-on for the game. Short scenarios that net good returns. You can choose the repair/salvage mechanic for better sale value when contacting Arkus, though it is entirely up to you if you want to take the extra time to do this. No matter what, you will at least need to identify all the broken systems on the ship. Repairing them will develop your repair skill which will be used in future content updates when I expand the mission system. Scrapping components will improve your salvaging skill. More on this below.

With the addition of boarding, sub-system targeting is now in the game. This adds a new tactical layer to space combat allowing you to disable enemy engines, weapons, and systems - giving you time to deal with other ships in multi-ship combat scenarios.

Some of you have expressed an interest in walking around on your own ships. I want to say that this is not off the table. I'll be looking into it and I have some ideas I think you will like.

Others have mentioned that they want to keep the ships. Again, not off the table. I'll be looking into ways to expand the boarding system so you can earn ships through Arkus over time.

So whats next?
  • I'll be wrapping up the new perk system, rewarding perks earlier and more often. The next patch will complete all perks for the game including crafting, salvaging, and repair.
  • I'll be adding the new special weapon attacks. These will be rewarded at various skill levels and include active skills that can be placed in the two empty combat bar slots. This will round out the ground combat system nicely.
  • The weapon and armor repair system.
  • Expanding the mission system. Now that all core requirements are in the game - I can start working on making missions more varied, adding missions with multiple objects, and more.

Here are the patch notes:

Boarding enemy ships:
To board an enemy ship, you need to first disable the target ship's shields. Once this happens a new icon (subsystem targeting icon) is displayed to the right of the ships targeting menu on the left side of the screen. Selecting this icon will bring up the subsystem targeting menu. At this point, you can choose to target subsystems (weapons, engines, systems). Once a subsystem is selected, your weapons will start targeting that subsystem until you click the subsystem targeting icon a second time to disable targeting for all turrets. Disabling all three subsystems will disable the ship completely and a new button will be displayed. Approach within range of the ship and you can then board.

1. Disable a ship's shields.
  2. Select the subsystem targeting icon and disable all three main ship systems. NOTE: To turn off subsystem targeting, select the subsystem targeting icon a second time. This will turn off all turrets.
  3. Approach the ship and select the "BOARD SHIP" button.

You have a limited amount of time to disable a ship's systems before the crew will repair the ship's shields and subsystems. A yellow bar above the subsystem targeting buttons will fill over time displaying that crews progress toward repairing the ship's shields. Once their shields go back up they will start repairing subsystems and you must bring their shields back down before you can board the ship.

• Ion weapons are ideal for disabling shields and subsystems - however, other weapons will work. You do need to be careful of strike through damage to the hull as damage to the ship's hull is calculated into the value of the ship when selling it to Arkus. The best weapon for boarding would be ION weapons as they no do little to no damage against ship armor. Beam weapons are preferable and more cost-effective, though they do require a better warp drive.
  • Explosive turrets should be toggled off when targeting ships you want to board to avoid excess damage (missiles and plasma turrets).
  • Strikethrough perks should not be selected if you choose to board ships.
  • When targeting subsystems, missiles, and plasma turrets will be turned off automatically.
  • You can only board a disabled ship when other ships are not in combat with you. In the case of incursions, all other enemy incursion ships must be destroyed before boarding.
  • When boarding an incursion ship, incursion rewards will be granted just before you board the targeted ship.
  • You can only board one ship at a time. If you have active boarding objectives and exit the ship, then board another ship - the previously boarded ship will fly away.
  • If you fly away from a disabled ship - then return, and the left targeting menu is hidden, fire a few shots at the ship, and the subsystem targeting button will appear again. In some cases, the crew may be so busy that they don't notice you.
  • Ships have a chance to spawn a unique loot chest/crate that stores ship equipment of varying quality. When you do find one of these chests, the loot will be placed directly in your cargo hold if you have room.

Captured ship repair, salvage, and sale:
To sell a boarded ship, the following objectives must be completed:
  1. Eliminate the entire crew
  2. Repair/scrap all damaged ship systems or at least examine the damaged systems.
  3. Place a beacon at the helm of the ship. YOU MUST HAVE BEACONS in your ship's inventory or you will not be able to complete this objective.

Repairing ship systems above their default state before selling to Arkus will net you a bonus on his final price for the ship.

As an example, scrapping all items could net you around 50,000 credits when selling the ship. Repairing all systems to full (requiring a good number of parts) could net you as much as 200,000 credits.

Leaving a ship un-repaired and not scrapping any components will leave the ship in a state with a wide variance of value depending on the state of the systems onboard.

You must eliminate all enemies on the ship and review all damaged systems before you can activate the beacon at the ship's helm.

You can continue to repair and salvage components on the ship at any time, in case you decide to repair or salvage components. Once you place a beacon and notify Arkus, you will no longer be able to activate any ship systems for salvage or repair.

In general, you can completely ignore the repair system other than reviewing all systems if you want to. However, as mentioned above, repairing a ship always has a net positive effect on the number of credits you earn over time. The best strategy is to salvage and repair components. Over time, as your salvaging skill improves, you will salvage more parts. As you gain repair experience, repairing ship components becomes easier.

SALVAGING BONUSES - These will get rolled into the perks for Salvaging when I release them. All perks will be released in the next content patch - including - Salvaging, Crafting, and Repair.
LVL 20 +20% CHANCE FOR EXTRA COMPONENTS
LVL 40 +30% CHANCE FOR EXTRA COMPONENTS
LVL 60 +40% CHANCE FOR EXTRA COMPONENTS
LVL 80 +50% CHANCE FOR EXTRA COMPONENTS

You do not need to sell the boarded ship to Arkus. You can always exit the ship and go on about your business. If you dock, land, board another ship or enter FTL space, the ship will be gone when you return. You can exit the ship and reboard as long as you do not dock, land, or FTL from the system. If a ship is in a state where it can be boarded. Over time, a ship will repair it's shields first, then engines, weapons, and systems if there are still crew remaining on the ship and eventually fly away.

ADDED EXTREME DIFFICULTY MODE for ground combat. In this mode, the difficulty of enemies of all types is increased (DAMAGE, CTH, CRITS, STATS, ARMOR, etc,) and enemies are raised by one tier of difficulty. In this mode, there is more risk and more reward as enemies, in general, will drop better loot. Crew members will be K.O. on a regular basis. I would not recommend extreme mode until you have decent armor and a good arsenal of weapons that deliver various damage types.
--Basic enemies have a chance of being raised a single tier to single skull Elites.
--Elites will always be a tier higher. That is a single skull Lieutenant will always be a tier higher etc.
--I would not even attempt this mode until you have some experience with the game and decent equipment.
--Bring a ton of medkits!
--A reasonable level of skill in first-aid is recommended!
--You are going to need an arsenal of weapons that do a variety of damage types to switch between. Pay very close attention to enemy resistances and use weapons of the appropriate type.
--Switching to or from Elite requires a save and reload to re-initialize all enemies in the area. Any transition between areas will scale the encounters to extreme mode.

FIXED - A bug with the area map that could leave characters immobile.
FIXED – Micro-warp hull visual effect being left on after exiting warp.
FIXED - A rounding error when NPC's heal themselves displayed in the floating text.
FIXED - A bug that displayed incorrect info for HP and Shields when rolling over KO crew members
FIXED - Stability fixes including a few rare lockups on enemy end turns.
FIXED - In some cases, combat UI elements could be left on the screen until next turn.
FIXED - Crew members are less likely to be left behind when navigating.
FIXED - Eliminated character rotation when running upstairs and ramps.
ADDED - Occasionally, when looting, an NPC or chest/locker will reward a large sum of credits.
ADDED - Progress indicator toward next skill level up is now displayed at bottom of character screen (right panel - bottom) when selecting individual skills as a thin red bar over the progress bar.
ADDED - Added a bit of center axis tilt to ships when turning.
UPDATED: ION turrets now do minimal damage to ship armor. They may do some minor strike-through damage and strike through perks still apply to ION turrets.
UPDATED: Some work done on gravity and physics so characters stay pegged to the ground when running up and down stairs.
UPDATED: Enemy ragdoll is more "definitive" with the changes to gravity.
UPDATED: Disabled NPC ship conflict in star systems temporarily until I can work out better LOD for this system. It was causing frame rate drops and other issues.
UPDATED: All stations in the universe now have recruitable crew members and more of them. This will greatly increase the chance of finding the recruit you are looking for whether that be a male, female, Kchor, or Fabricant. It also increases the odds of finding a crew member with the starting skills you are looking for. NOTE: This only applies to stations you have not yet visited - the change is not retroactive.

I hope you all enjoy the patch. As always, thanks for supporting Stellar Tactics!

Aemar

Arcane
Some thoughts on the current state:

Still grindy as hell. Nothing much to do except accepting same-old missions and mine for resources to sell. Additional mission variations have just been announced in the latest update I think.

Defeating enemies feels too easy, unless you're taking on enemies way above your level, in which case you'll get obliterated in just a couple of turns.

Higher level enemies look visually the same as those you encounter at the beginning of the game. I'm sure more variations will come at some point.

Remember that not all core elements have been implemented into the current build, so I'm pretty sure a lot of these issues will be taken care of, especially after the introduction of the fully working Autonomous Universe AI along with proper working factions, special locations and storyline. This game is like one big canvas waiting for all the details to be added in.

urmom

Learned
this game looks fucking amazing. Still a year away it seems at least though, maybe more?
In terms of 'looks' the game is not very ambitious. Would prefer 2D compared to the game's current 3D jankness. (Bad 3D looks worse than bad 2D.)

This applies to current level design as well.

I suppose this is all subject to change in the coming months.

Last edited:
this game looks fucking amazing. Still a year away it seems at least though, maybe more?
In terms of 'looks' the game is not very ambitious. Would prefer 2D compared to the game's current 3D jankness. (Bad 3D looks worse than bad 2D.)

This applies to current level design as well.

I suppose this is all subject to change in the coming months.
I just mean all the and systems being built into the game. Ever since I played EVE I wanted a game where with similar controls to that but which was more a RPG than an MMO, this looks like maybe that is how it works, but with boarding and even more RPG elements. I have not played it at all, I don't usually play games in EA, because I make myself bored of them by the time they come out and then I don't end up playing them. So I hope to find out someday how this turns out.

Nijar

Novice
I should visit more often - I've just been slammed, and (as of now) no corona, thank you very much! I hope all of you are well and safe in these odd times.
Yes, you should. Why don't you? Corona killed you or still alive and shame on you?
Anyway, bought your game some time ago and it's nice. Be more active on GoG. Want to like your game more, so more updates please. Don't get killed, take care. :)

vmar

Savant
Dev please don't die cause this is one of the only games I'm looking forward to.

Once I finish my SJ run on wasteland 3 I'm most likely gonna play this again. Haven't played since the release of ea so I'm super excited to see what's new.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/465490/view/2796129823807816690

Here is a summary of the things you can expect for the next content patch. I hope to have this update ready for everyone by the end of next week.

Perks
The next patch will introduce the perks and skill tier bonuses for salvaging, crafting, and repair. All perks will be in the game. Some perks and tier bonuses have been revised to be more useful.

Perk and tier bonus progression adjustments
780c10e8445bddf8a9c7455ad4958fc539351d87.jpg

Perks or skill tier bonuses will be rewarded every 5 levels with the next patch. Perk selection and preview has been completely overhauled so you can preview all skill perk and tier bonuses through skill level 100 at any time. Perks are still situational and you can switch between selections in each group as you have in the past.

The repair system and equipment wear
83b45af348f75ef019f33f87b411cc7cd8d75c8f.jpg

Weapons, armor, and ship equipment will all degrade over time. The repair skill will allow you to repair gear through your inventory by pressing the spacebar when hovering over an item. Perk bonuses will allow you to apply additional durability bonuses to repaired items (max 125% condition) and repair tier bonuses will apply reduced item degradation to items, slowing the wear of items based on your current repair skill level. Wear progresses at a relatively slow pace so, you won't need to worry about repairing items every few missions.

The crafting perk line will allow you to apply permanent base durability bonuses to crafted equipment, assuming those perks are selected when crafting. The base durability for weapons, armor, shields, and ship equipment can be increased to 130% at the maximum crafting skill level.

Items that do degrade below 50% will have reduced functionality. Ranged weapons will misfire and jam, melee weapons will do less damage, armor will mitigate less damage, turrets will misfire, ship systems will have additional negative penalties.
  • Below 25% - Additional penalties are applied.
  • Below 5% - Items will barely function.
  • At 0% Items are non-functional and must be repaired.
A new slot in the crew manager will let you assign a crew member to a repair station. Repair experience is granted to the crew member in the ship repair slot. Ship damage and ship equipment will be repaired over time as you travel the universe, reducing the need to dock and repair. This will be automated as long as a crew member is assigned to maintenance. Of course, there are some situations where if you do take heavy damage, you may want to manually repair your ship equipment.

Ammo converter
8a29b4e48c98368c9e44e23f5b1278631fd1e4a5.jpg

A new device will be available from Varadyn faction vendors that will allow you to convert any type of ammo into other types of ammo. The UI will be simple to use and you will be able to directly convert standard and heavy weapon ammo at the following ratios:
  • Pistol, SMG, rifle, shotgun, and E-Cell to any other ammo type in this category = 1:1 ratio (1 for 1)
  • Pistol, SMG, rifle, shotgun, and E-Cell to missile, fusion cell, flamer fuel, minigun = 3:1 ratio (3 for 1)
  • Missile, fusion cell, flamer fuel, minigun to any other ammo type in this category = 1:1 ratio (1 for 1)
  • Missile, fusion cell, flamer fuel, minigun to pistol, SMG, rifle, shotgun and E-Cell = 1:3 ratio (1 for 3)
The device can be used in any ground location including missions.

New ranged weapon sound effects - Most of the ranged weapons in the game have new sound effects. I think they sound much better overall and they pack a lot of punch.

Schematics can be reviewed in the salvage UI so you can see what you have unlocked at any time.
247a9d1e3a3e7e07dc82c875e3c99b93838acf9e.jpg

And of course, a number of bug fixes and issues that were on my list.

As with all patches, there will be no save game reset – you can just pick up the game and move forward from where you left off.

Once this patch is released, I’ll be finalizing the new weapon special attacks. I had hoped they would be finished at this time, but they need a lot more work. I expect these to be done in December along with a number of other smaller enhancements and QoL adjustments.

It will be great to finally be in a place where I will be working on the expanded mission system, more story content/locations, lore, new enemies, more armor sets, faction agents/merchants for the rest of the main factions, and of course - polish. It's been a long road getting to this point. I'm sure a lot of you are looking forward to the continuation of the game story and some of the features that will be unlocked through the story and side missions.

As always, thanks for supporting Stellar Tactics! I hope you all have a great weekend.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Revised perk progression, equipment wear, repair system, and more
It's patch time again. Here are the details for the patch released today.

ADDED: REPAIR SYSTEM AND REPAIR PERKS
Rollover info now displays the current condition of items. As they degrade, they become less useful (less mitigation, weapon jams, lower damage, etc.).

Maintaining your weapons is easy. Just roll over the item you want to repair and press the [SPACE] key. Item repairs require finishing items that can be obtained by salvaging junk and gear that you find in your travels. Perks allow you to repair items above 100% to a maximum of +25 (125). Crafted items can gain up to +30 (130). Overall, any crafted item with the appropriate perks can have a maximum of 155 condition from crafting and repair bonuses. In addition - repair tier bonuses apply reduced item degradation as you progress to maximum skill level.
  • Repair perks have been added
  • I've provided 20 finishing items of every type as a one time grant for repair. These items will be added to your existing finishing items - or, when starting a new game, you will start with 20 finishing items of each type. This should cover repairs needed in the early game until players can salvage enough items for future repairs.

ADDED: EQUIPMENT WEAR
Equipment wear can be disabled in the options->gameplay menu.

Looted equipment will always be in some state of wear and will never be below 50%. This applies even if equipment wear is disabled.
  • Equipment wear penalties apply when equipment degrades below 50%
  • Below 25% - Additional penalties are applied.
  • Below 5% - Items will barely function.
  • At 0% Items are non-functional and must be repaired.
  • Vendors always sell items that are at 100% condition.
  • Electro damage does more wear to shields.
  • Thermal and explosive damage do more damage to armor.
  • Mods, devices, cargo expansions, and items equipped to a ship hardware mount point do not wear over time.
  • Wear to ship equipment is minimal when shields are up. Once a shield is down and you start taking damage to your hull, damage is increased.

ADDED: NEW SHIP REPAIR STATION
You can now assign a crew member to the ship repair station. This crew member will prioritize repairs to your ship over time, prioritizing the hull, then shields, engines, systems, and weapons. This crew member can repair onboard equipment to the current maximum condition and will receive repair experience over time as they repair your ship. I recommend a dedicated repair crew member for the job.

Manually repairing ship systems can apply bonuses based on your current repair skill and perk selections.
  • Ship repairs take place over time. Repair skill TIER bonuses improve the speed at which ship hull plating and components are repaired.
  • When paying for ship repairs on stations, only the hull armor of the ship is repaired. Other components need to be repaired manually or over time when a crew member is assigned to the crew repair station. Hull plating is repaired over time by crew members in the crew repair station.
  • If the crewmember assigned to the ship repair station is also in your ground crew, repairs will not take place while on stations or ground locations.
  • Repairs by a crew member in the repair station slot do not consume resources.

ADDED: SALVAGING PERK LINE
  • Additional components can be salvaged as you unlock skill TIER bonuses.
  • Perks added that provide bonuses to base salvaging failure, learning, and schematic experience.
  • Perk selections that allow for increased schematic discovery for weapons, mods, armor, shields, and ship schematics.
  • SCHEMATIC DISCOVERY PERKS - BONUSES FOR SELECTED SCHEMATIC DISCOVERY PERKS STACK FROM MULTIPLE CREW MEMBERS. Each crew member can provide a +10% schematic discovery bonus for a total of a +40% bonus if all ACTIVE GROUND crew members have a skill level of 80 in salvaging and the correct discovery perks are selected.

ADDED: CRAFTING PERK LINE
Skill tier bonuses reward reduced chance of negative conditions, bonus finishing points at the start of crafting. Perk selections apply bonus action points, item durability, reduced negative condition duration, and positive condition bonuses for weapons, mods, armor, shields, and ship equipment.

ADDED: SCHEMATIC REVIEW IN SALVAGING DISPLAY
You can now view your unlocked schematics in the salvage display without needing to travel to a crafting table.

ADDED: NEW DEVICE - THE AMMO CONVERTER
A new device is available from Varadyn faction vendors that will allow you to convert any type of ammo into other types of ammo. The UI is simple to use and you will can convert standard and heavy weapon ammo at the following ratios:
  • Pistol, SMG, rifle, shotgun, and E-Cell to any other ammo type in this category = 1:1 ratio (1 for 1)
  • Pistol, SMG, rifle, shotgun, and E-Cell to missile, fusion cell, flamer fuel, minigun = 4:1 ratio (4 for 1)
  • Missile, fusion cell, flamer fuel, minigun to any other ammo type in this category = 1:1 ratio (1 for 1)
  • Missile, fusion cell, flamer fuel, minigun to pistol, SMG, rifle, shotgun, and E-Cell = 1:4 ratio (1 for 4)
  • The device can be used in any ground location including missions.
  • This device is fairly expensive and requires that you complete a number of missions to earn the needed tokens from a Varadyn faction agent.

UPDATED: Perks or skill tier bonuses will be rewarded every 5 levels. Perk selection and preview has been completely overhauled so you can preview all skill perk and tier bonuses through skill level 100 at any time. Perks are still situational and you can switch between selections in each group as you have in the past.
IMPORTANT: You may need to assign perks in your current save now that these changes are posted. In many cases you may have a few perks available that you did not have before.

UPDATED: First aid perks overhauled - Reduced perk bonuses to healing, they were OP. Max skill tier bonuses grant a +75% bonus to healing in addition to the base medkit healing values (small, medium, and large). Perks now focus on removing status effects.

UPDATED: Explosives perk line revised with a focus on improved damage and inflicting status effects. Tier bonuses focus on CRIT and accuracy. Perk bonuses can apply addition damage and status effects:
  • Stun grenades can apply bleeding
  • Frag grenades can apply hobble
  • EMP grenades can apply cripple

UPDATED: Weapons, armor, shields, and ship equipment all degrade over time with use and damage. You can repair these items by hovering over equipped items, inventory, stash, cargo, and ship equipment in the various menu's and pressing [SPACE] on your keyboard.
UPDATED: Maximum weapon skill level when crafting weapons is now uncapped - max skill level is now 100.
UPDATED: The currently selected crew member is not reset when transitioning between ground locations.
UPDATED: Removed perception requirement in extended rollover UI for displaying target resist values. I'll likely tie the display of additional resist information to another system.
UPDATED: On the character information screen, when selecting a new crew member, the selected skill is not reset to rifles making it easier to compare perks and skill info between crew members.
UPDATED: New SFX for most ranged weapons.
UPDATED: FTL sound effect volume reduced.
UPDATED: Reduced amount of ammo dropped now that ammo converter is available. I'll likely adjust this over time with more playtesting.
UPDATED: In HARD and EXTREME ground difficulty modes, auto regeneration of HP after combat is disabled. You will need to heal crew members with medkits.
  • Shield and energy points will regen as usual.
  • Transitioning between areas will heal crew members to full health.
  • I'll gather feedback on this change and make adjustments as needed.
UPDATED: Increased melee proc damage from frequency modulator mods.

FIXED: PC's now display the correct amount healed in-game log if healing exceeds maximum health.
FIXED: When gaining a skill level in crafting, salvaging, and repair, a notification is sent to the screen.
FIXED: When various menus are open, key input for ship control is blocked (E.G. afterburners, thrusters, etc).
FIXED: When crafting ship equipment, some of the items were displaying an incorrect finishing item in the last stages of crafting.
FIXED: A few calculation errors in the progress toward the next skill level display on the character information screen.
FIXED: A rare case where beacons and ship ammo could be moved into the player backpack and stash inventories.
FIXED: A rare case where a crew member could die from a DOT (bleed or poison) at the end of combat leaving the game in a state where combat does not end.
FIXED: If a crew member is not assigned to the ship electronics station, you cannot scan ships or planets. A message is displayed on the screen in cases where a crew member is not assigned.
FIXED: Ship vendors now display whether a turret is a general turret mount or a missile mount in the ship information display.
FIXED: Ship hull damage cannot be repaired using the repair button in the ship info UI [K] when boarding an enemy ship.
FIXED: Crafting and salvaging menus now ignore background click events while displayed.
FIXED: Numerous small UI fixes/updates.

There are a lot of changes in this patch. I'll keep an eye on the forums over the next few days and patch any issues that pop up. Thanks as always for supporting Stellar Tactics and have a great weekend!

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://steamcommunity.com/app/465490/discussions/0/2935742047971891222/
Hotfix incoming - 10/3/20
I posted a hotfix today that addresses the following issues:

FIXED: Missile launchers fixed. They now cause AE damage.
FIXED: When scanning ships, a warning was posted to screen that you need a crew member in the engineering station - even if that crew member is already at the station.

UPDATED Reduced the amount of wear applied to 1hand melee and pugilism weapons.

UPDATED: Reduced the number of finishing items used when repairing. Failed repair attempts no longer expend finishing items. When repairing, you no longer use a single resource of each type. Instead, each finishing item resource has a chance of being expended.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://steamcommunity.com/app/465490/discussions/0/2970645580585272400/
Patch incoming - 10/9/20
A few fixes and updates today. A patch should be posted in the next hour.

I also wanted to let everyone know I am reading your comments - thank you for posting. A few things:

The next "content" patch will let you assign dedicated crew members to repair, hacking, salvaging, and crafting. I agree it's annoying to constantly swap crew members so the correct crew member is doing the required task. There are other QoL requests I have on my list to implement and I'll try to implement as many as I can in the time I have - prioritizing the combat special attacks which are the next major content update.

Regarding the 60fps cap and the uncap framerate option. For those of you who want to try this option again, I've made some changes in this patch. Primarily to the way VSYNC and high refresh monitors interact/interrupt the loading of areas. For those of you with high refresh monitors who want to give it a try, select UNCAP FRAMERATE (EXPERIMENTAL) in the video options. If you do have any issues, just deselect this option and restart the game. I've been testing here at various refresh rates above 60htz and everything seems stable. Post on the "Submit bugs" forum if you encounter any issues. https://steamcommunity.com/app/465490/discussions/7/

UPDATED: Increased repair EXP.
UPDATED: Increased experience gain for piloting, weaponry, electronics, and targeting
UPDATED: Increased cash reward values for cleared discovery locations - phage infections, boarded hostile stations, etc.
FIXED: When in rotate character mode, it was possible to right-click enemies which would lock up the game.
FIXED: A bug that could cause scanned planetary stations and nodes to disappear when returning. If you are returning to a planet after completing a mission taken from a faction vendor at a planetary station, and cannot turn in a completed mission (return location is not visible on the planet) you should abandon the mission in the log. Going forward, it shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks as always and have a great weekend!

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://steamcommunity.com/app/465490/discussions/0/3008927444654192116/
Patch incoming - 10/24/20
This is primarily a stability patch with fixes for a CTD related to frequency modulators and hopefully a permanent fix for the rare random level load lockups. A number of other issues have been fixed/updated.

PATCH NOTES:
Disabled frequency modulator particle effects for now. The particle effects were causing CTD's on a small number of systems.
A fix for a rare random lockup when transitioning between areas.
Improved load times when transitioning between areas.
UPDATED: The repair experience progress bar displayed in the repair window now displays as progress toward the next level.
UPDATED: The Shikaru Lifesign Tracker can now be used while in combat.
UPDATED: Bonus PROC damage from frequency modulators is now calculated into melee weapon EXP.
UPDATED: Increased the possibility of gaining bonus experience towards the next schematic tier when disassembling items.
FIXED: The autosave before leaving the Dauntless now functions as intended. You can now reload this save and the mission to escape the Dauntless is reset. This is not retroactive.
FIXED: A error in the display of FTL drive info when crafting.
FIXED: An error in the calculation of equipped CHA armor when generating vendor prices for ships and equipment.
FIXED: An assert when transitioning between areas with autosaves on.
FIXED: Settings changed in the options menu now save correctly when pressing the ESC key.
FIXED: A progress calculation error related to crafting perk selections and how they interact with AP bonuses to crafting progress.
FIXED: A few typos in perk descriptions.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/465490/view/2932371866752422762

Progress Update - Weapon special attacks and support skills
New weapon attacks, support skills and QoL updates.

I'm posting a short WIP video today showing some of the new weapon special attacks and support skills. I'm also showing a few QoL changes that are coming in the next content patch. I expect the next content patch to be ready on January 8th.

For those of you who have been playing Stellar Tactics, I'm sure you have noticed the two empty slots on the combat tool-bar. Those have always been reserved for weapon special attacks and support skills. These will be available from level 1 and increase in power as you gain skill in the weapon class they are associated with.

Special attacks are zero-AP cost attacks on a global cooldown timer. They provide a number of effects like PBAoE, target-based AE, and burst single target damage. The goal of the attacks is to give you additional options. Save them for a tough fight, or use them any time. The attacks make a big difference to the pace of the game. Also, because NPC's can use these attacks, you will need to be on your toes making sure your crew's HP is topped off.

The new support skills give you additional mobility, the ability to charge your shields, reflect damage, and the possibility to taunt enemies off of crew members who need a round to regroup.

In addition to the new support and combat skills, a few QoL updates are coming:

Dedicated crew members - You can now assign dedicated crew members to hacking, salvage, crafting, and repair. That means regardless of who engages these skills, the dedicated crew member will always perform the action and gain the EXP. For repair, it means you no longer need to drag weapons and armor off crew members into general inventory.

Crew member review - You can now review any crew member from the crew manager. This makes it easy to assign perks to any crew member without needing to move them into your ground crew.

Hacking update - You can now enter combination keys when hacking before the cooldown expires. This makes hacking a lot faster.

Boarding ships - There will now always be a container with the loot that would have dropped from the ship if you had destroyed it. This should make boarding a bit more profitable. In addition, larger ships will pay out more than smaller ships. Overall, I'll be adjusting the amount you get from ships marginally. Of course, repairing ships completely before selling them always pays the most.

Happy Holidays to all of you! Stay safe and thank you for supporting Stellar Tactics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom