Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Stoneshard - open world roguelike RPG - now available on Early Access

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
0.6.0.6 - Patch Note
These patch notes include changes made by interim hotfixes.

BALANCE

• Increased the Damage and Health for boars, moose, bison, deer, and saigas.
  • Increased the experience gained for killing most animals and the restless dead.
  • Reduced Health and Dodge Chance for wraiths.
  • Most undead enemies and brigands had their Health reduced by 10-15%
  • The intimidation state is now 1.5-2 times longer for most aggressive animals.
  • Rebalanced spawn points for most enemies. The dungeons should be less overcrowded now.
  • Proselyte Adept’s behavior pattern was changed from Mage to Close Combat.
  • Increased the cooldown of “Loud Barking”
  • Reduced the duration of the “Netted” debuff to 6 turns.
  • Most herbs now raise thirst upon usage to reflect their bitter, astringent taste.
  • Reduced brigands’ Vision range by 10%.
FIXES

• Numerous minor fixes to the AI.
  • Fixed the rendering algorithm for the fog of war in dungeons.
  • Fixed the issue with enemies not using dashing abilities.
  • Fixed the issue with secret rooms’ generation.
  • Fixed the issue with Morale multipliers, which had been causing each enemy type, including bosses, to have an equal chance to retreat.
  • Numerous fixes to rooms and accompanying collision issues.
  • Fixed the bug with archers replenishing their Energy upon switching weapons.
  • Fixed the bug with archers shooting through walls.
  • Animals can now properly escape instead of darting around frantically.
  • Fixed the crash caused by “Necrophage”.
  • Fixed the crash caused by “Soul Sacrifice”.
  • Fixed the crash caused by “Leg Sweep”.
  • Fixed the crash caused by “Blaze”.
  • Fixed the bug with foxes being stuck in their intimidation state.
  • Fixed the issue with enemies disappearing after following the player to another location.
  • Fixed the bug with ghouls spawning in the fog of war.
  • Fixed the issue with the ghoul’s Morale multiplier, which had been causing them to be much less prone to retreating than intended.
  • Proselyte Flagellants no longer use “Lash Blessing” on the player.
  • Fixed the issue with “Grave Chill” range.
  • Fixed the issue with “Anticipation” having an effect even before it’s actually learned.
  • Fixed the description of “Abominable Vitality”. The chance to trigger the effect is 75%, not 50%.
  • Fixed the issue with “Rune of Enfeeblement” reducing resistances to -100%.
  • Fixed the problem with containers’ reset in brigand camps.
  • Fixed the crash caused by gold inside containers.
  • Made it more preferable for enemies to avoid tiles with traps.
  • Fixed the issue with beds’ collision.
  • Fixed the issue with Burnet using the effect of Nettle.
  • Fixed the bug preventing acorns from being roasted.
  • Fixed the inability to interact with wardrobes in one of the boss rooms in crypts.
  • Fixed the issue with Ghasts granting too little experience on death.
  • Fixed the issue with High Priests not granting any experience on death.
  • Added the missing descriptions to some enemies.
  • “N/A” in fan translations are temporarily replaced with English text (the translations are already on their way!)
  • Optimization improvements.
  • Changes to layouts of some hovers.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Hotfix 0.6.0.7
8974612f8e0887f90ae58bfd1c32b135e1c517a9.png

- Minor fixes to secret rooms.
- Added the missing phrases to the German localization.
- Fixed the issue occurring with the Restless’ sprite upon being resurrected by a necromancer.
- Fixed the crash caused by shooting.
- Fixed the trolls’ AI priorities.
- Added soil decals to crypts.
- Fixed numerous issues with collision and impassable tiles in dungeons.
- Fixed the incorrect functioning of “No Retreat”.
- Fixed the issue with a spear passive working without an equipped spear.
- Fixed the bug preventing bandits from attacking boars.
- Fixed the timing of the Blood Golem’s explosion, so that it doesn’t occur prematurely.
- Fixed the issue with the external part of the brigand Bastion.
- Fixed the dungeon generation bug which had been causing an incorrect amount of treatise rooms to appear in crypts.
- Fixed the bug with traps not spawning correctly.
0.6.0.9 - Patch Notes
- Fixed the multiplier for noise generated by certain actions.
- Fixed some issues with retreating enemies.
- Added additional statuses to the inspection menu.
- Fixed the bug with dogs spawning inside dungeon walls.
- Fixed the bug causing walls to become traversable after destroying certain objects next to them.
- Fixed the bug causing Cooldowns to drop to zero.
- Fixed the issue with the number of grimoire rooms during one of the crypt contracts.
- Fixed the incorrect zones for ranged attacks.
- Disarming no longer forces you to skip a turn.
- Enemies now properly react to being lured by “Shout”.
- Fixed the AI issue which had been causing mobs to stop reacting to attacks outside of their Vision range.
- Fixed the possibility of picking a lock after throwing away a required consumable.
- Removed guaranteed critical hits against retreating targets.
- Storing food in containers no longer prevents it from spoiling.
- Fixed excessive loot in Proselyte dungeons.
- Removed the possibility of breaking through cell doors with a crowbar during NPC rescue contracts.
- Fixed the issue with crowbars disappearing after their durability reaches zero.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
0.6.0.12 Changelog – Reputation Tab
NEW ADDITIONS

- Added a Reputation Tab to the journal. Now you can look up your Reputation level at any time and see how exactly it influences your character.
- Consumables for brigands: brigands are now spawned with a random supply of bandages, splints, and vivifying essences, which they can use to deal with bleeding, injuries, or low Health.
- Added two new variations of Wraiths to high level crypts.
- Ghasts and Necromancers learned a new skill - “Binding Sigil”.

BALANCE

- Rebalanced enchantments. The randomness of stat bonuses was removed - each enchantment stat bonus is now a static value, which is overall slightly lower than the maximum values you could potentially roll in previous versions of the game.

Enchantment scrolls now apply a single enchantment instead of two. Magic items (items with two enchantments) can only be acquired as loot from enemies and containers.

These are just temporary measures, meant to reduce the amount of save scumming (if not to negate it) associated with enchantments before the release of the rarity system update, which is planned for the next year.

- Rebalanced curses. There were also some changes made to curses and cursed items (they will be greatly updated and expanded upon next year as well).

The chance for a curse to trigger now grows significantly slower, and killing enemies is also much more effective at slowing it down. Additionally, curses are now several times stronger than before, making them feel more dangerous.

The changes apply to curses’ stat bonuses as well - some of them didn’t work properly with certain equipment types, so they were fixed or straight up changed.

• Curse of Everfear: +N Unholy Damage > -5% Damage Taken. Low Morale improves the bonus.
  • Curse of Gnawmaw: +10% > +13% Life Drain. Hunger and Thirst improve the bonus.
  • Curse of Goldhoarder: +25% Lock-picking & Disarming > +13% Experience Gain. High amounts of gold in the inventory improve the bonus.
  • Curse of Gorelust: +10% > +13% Weapon Damage. Low Health improves the bonus.
  • Curse of Soulstealer: +10% > +13% Energy Drain. Low Energy improves the bonus.
  • Curse of Sufferjoy: +7% > +10% Crit Chance. High Pain improves the bonus.
  • Curse of Loudmouth: +N Psionic Damage > +10% Control Resistance.

Curse descriptions were tweaked, improving their transparency, and their effects are now registered in the battle log.

- “Raise Shield” no longer grants Dodge Chance if its value was negative when the ability was activated.
- Increased Control Resistance for skeleton enemies.
- Added Bleed Resistance to Restless and Ghasts.
- Reduced Resistances and Accuracy for Proselyte bosses.
- Enemies now need a visual confirmation that their allies are being damaged before turning Hostile.
- Bottom dungeon floors are now generated with 20% less rooms.
- Reduced Dodge Chance for Chronomancer Mantle.
- Slightly increased “weight” for skeletons, restless, mages, and archers - they will now spawn in smaller numbers.
- Fixed the issue with Moose and Bison granting too little Experience on death.
- Lowered the chance of food and alcohol drops in Bastion containers.
- Overall reduced life span for most food types.

FIXES

- Fixes to actions’ priority: bleeding now triggers before the beginning of the turn, and cooldowns no longer refresh right after the effect is activated.
- Refactored the priority for reducing modifiers’ duration.
- Staff crits now correctly replenish Energy.
- Traps can no longer be spawned under enemies.
- Traps can no longer spawn in boss rooms.
- Fixed the bug with mobs leaving their collision behind after going to another zone.
- Fixed the bug with mobs leaving dungeons to chase the player.
- Mobs now correctly travel between dungeon floors.
- Enemies no longer use “Mark of the Feast” on themselves.
- Fixed crashes caused by Inferno, Ring of Fire, and Fire Barrage.
- Added an additional condition for the Task of acquiring falchions and cleavers: the smith will no longer accept cursed swords.
- Fixed the food spoilage in merchants’ inventories.
- Fixed the bug with Distracting Shot.
- Fixed the bug with lighting up fires.
- Fixed the bug with Distracting shot not dealing damage.
- Fixed the bug with Experience Points not being granted when mobs bleed out outside of Vision range.
- Fixed the bug with repeating reputation gain for completing three contracts.
- Fixed the map activation during dialogues.
- Fixed Brigand Warlocks appearing behind their targets after using a dash.
- Removed the possibility of luring the Ancient Troll away from its location.
- Fixed the bug which had been adding cooldowns to zero cooldown abilities.
- Fixed lightning strikes in villages.
- Fixed the incorrect collision disappearance in certain scenarios.
- Fixed dungeons not resetting upon generation of new contracts.
- Fixed the bug with Proselyte Tormentor’s ability, which had been causing him to apply Stun and Knockback with every strike.
- Fixed a number of bugs caused by animals moving to other zones.
- Fixed the crash caused by opening a container outside of camera view.
- Removed the possibility of leveling “Excess Heat” twice.
- Removed the possibility of performing Counterattacks and Attacks of Opportunity with a bow.
- Fixed the bug with archers recovering from their injuries after switching to melee.
- Fixed the bug with the Troll not using “Shockwave” in melee range.
- Fixed food items being placed underneath other items in the inventory upon spoiling.
- Fixed the crash caused by being forced to drop an open quiver.
- Fixed the bug causing the loss of control over the character upon removing a consumable from hands.
- Fixed the bug allowing to receive both Stun and Daze.
- Fixed the camera return when trading and the movement restriction when opening containers.
- Added a restriction for resting while there are retreating enemies within Vision.
- Fixed the incorrect reset of modifiers’ duration time.
- Fixed camera bugs.
- Fixed NPC collisions.
- Fixed the bug allowing opening doors without spending a turn.
- Fixed the bug with lock-picking not spending a turn if it fails.
- Removed the possibility of moving the camera while the trade or container menus are open.
- Fixed a number of AI bugs.
- Fixed the crash caused by a golem being summoned after the caster’s death.
- Fixed the crash during a delayed attack.
- Fixed the collision bug in hallways.
- Fixed effects’ duration for consuming acorns.

VISUALS

- Added an animation for dropping coins.
- Removed outlines during animations.
- Improvements to the lighting system.
- Fixed visual bugs with Bastion rubble.
- The Mancatcher’s net no longer glows.

SOUND

- Fixed aggroing sounds.
- Fixed the disappearing Troll step sound.
- Added a sound effect for the Curse of Loudmouth.

TEXT

- Villagers received new speech lines for different reputation levels.
- Added a log message for switching ammo types.
- Added a log message for learning an unidentified potion's effect by drinking it.
- Numerous fixes across all localizations.

===============

By the way, we’re going to publish a devlog explaining our current plans this weekend. Meanwhile you can take a look at our updated roadmap to find out what to expect next!

6eccd450c293e1821a4da1639c2b9baa212ed184.png

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/625960/view/2939121650436372277

Devlog: Current Plans
3c27644f44b4842725fce6e6deaddb828293c369.png

Hello everyone!

The work on follow-up patches for the “Way Forward” update is complete, so in today’s devlog we’d like to give you more details about our future plans.

The current state of the game is such that we can no longer add new content to the existing map: there’s simply not enough space for it anymore. The small scale of the game world creates a number of temporary restrictions, which overall render the experience less enjoyable, such as randomized treatises, instantly respawning dungeons, skewed gear and character progression, sudden difficulty spikes, caused by the lack of area for more starting dungeons, and so on.

Therefore, our top priority is to expand the map and add the first major town, which will finally allow us to resolve most of these issues. This task will take a lot of time and effort, but it will most definitely pay off - our game will finally work as it was initially intended, paving the way for many long-awaited features, from the trait system and character generation to the improved economy and a new enchantment system. Other than that, the global map will also require implementing a large number of accompanying, closely linked systems: a foundation for the caravan system, new points of interests, new enemy factions, significant changes to the progression, and more. All of this will be a part of the next major update, “City of Gold”, which will be approximately released in Q2 2021.

In the meantime we also plan to release a large content update before the end of 2020, which will help you pass the time while waiting for the upcoming major changes. This update will include two new weapon types: two-handed axes and hammers, their skill trees, new gear, new traps, new combat consumables (including nets and placeable claw traps), and a few other things. There’ll be more details about these additions in the following devlogs.

For now, we’d like to share some of the results of our recent work:

8aece32bb20b5f97746ca51eadf35beb99c43937.png

817194017f3568f3fa9ca5c3823a2ec53027edbc.png

e6715016c93f7bc28868ee6e1e83236671903f6b.png

3bc5ab60c2f6896a412aa93978e7dd49b93890df.png

Until next time!

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I am REALLY impressed with what's there already. The save system takes a bit of getting used to but works smoothly once you develop a good habit of gearing up and save-resting. The camps in the wilderness help as well.

The combat feels a bit simplistic at first but a few levels in and getting your first skill tree going shows that it is actually pretty involved.

Graphics, music and voice acting are all excellent.

upload_2020-10-29_16-44-30.png

:smug:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Here's a great example of the usual gameplay, packed within about a day in game time.
I wake up in Osbrook, hungry and thirsty as fuck. So I run down to the innkeeper and gorge myself on meat and water. Then I check around town to get my equipment repaired and in order and replenish my supplies (Mostly more MEAT and fresh water).
I have a contract to check out some crypt in the north so I head out through the forest. Along the way I find a wayshrine I can pray at that gives bonuses against undead. Neat! I carefully look around the crypt and loot as much as I can possibly carry. I cheese outsmart the boss by luring his minions up the stairs. Good old stair dancing is a thing! By this point my bags are overflowing with jewelry and other crap, my sanity and health are rather poor. To deal with the former, I snort some STAR DUST in the middle of the fucking crypt and of course get a horribly bad trip:
oh.png
Don't ignore set and setting, kids! Still, I press on and clear out the ENTIRE dungeon, having to drop less valuable loot for better stuff along the way. By the time I get out it's almost dark and I'm hungry as fuck so I leg it back straight through the woods hoping to not run into a bear or an ambush. I rush into my bed at the inn and sleep until morning. I wake up nearly starved to death, but hey at least I saved. Just going down to the innkeeper took a third of my health away. Then at last it's MEAT TIME and also FUCKING CASH MONEY TIME:
LOOT.png

:bravo:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
i don't see how this is a roguelike

It's roguelike because it's buzzword today (does buzzword already deprecated expression lol) and help sell game. Simple.

But what I do like and feel rigthfull proud of my Russian brotheren (lol) - is the aestetical charge they put into the game.
This is rare case today, look at fugly Solasta.

Last edited:

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Hotfix 0.6.0.17 - Japanese Localization
• Added Japanese localization.
• Fixed the error in the hit detection algorithm, which hadn’t been correctly factoring in Dodge Chance when calculating hit chance for arrows.
• Fixed archers being resurrected with a ranged weapon after dying with a melee weapon.
• Fixed “Blaze” granting double reduction for active Cooldowns.
• Fixed dogs being able to open doors.
• Fixed the bug causing Reputation gain each time you take a free beer from Brukk.
• Praying at shrines now immediately restores some Morale and Sanity.
• “Deafening Roar” is now put on cooldown when the fight begins.
• Snakes can no longer poison when missing their attacks.
• Fixed the issue with changes to cursed items' stats not being correctly displayed.
• Fixed the issue with two or more Ghasts casting “Binding Sigil” simultaneously.
• Increased prices of most consumables.
• Decreased prices of all treatises.
• «Anticipation»: Applies the target with [-10 > -5]% Dodge Chance [10 > 4] after landing a shot and grants [5 > 7.5]% Accuracy for [10 > 4] turns when missing.
• «Flame Saturation»: [Replenishes 5% Max Energy > Grants -20% Spells Energy Cost for 2 turns] each time an enemy within Vision is ignited.
finally in the language it was meant to be played

Last edited:

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Devlog: Throwing System
0fb44228e77d8341b79ce43297927acdf5f53576.png

Hello everyone!

In this devlog we’ll tell you about a new, previously unannounced mechanic, which will be added with the Content Update II, planned for this December. This mechanic is...

Throwing items! Initially, we didn’t plan to add this feature during this stage in development, however it ended up necessary for the implementation of certain new consumables, so we had to adjust on the fly. So how does it work and what can you do with it?

b5e2b7e45a1fe050c254ad39dc6cfc8217ed29a9.gif

For the most part, throwing is used for dealing extra damage to enemies. It’s worth mentioning that any item in the game can be thrown. The resulting distance, the amount and type of damage depend on a thrown item’s weight and material. For instance, if you lob heavy stuff such as moose antlers at someone’s head, you’ll deal heavy damage as long as they are not too far away. A pine cone, on the other hand, is only good for attracting attention.

Additionally, certain items have unique properties:

• By throwing a potion at your enemy, you can apply its effect for a quarter of its base duration.
  • Clay and glass items shatter into pieces, dealing piercing damage.

6c1713352c8bbc5ed1935b13ebeba054d5493f40.gif

• Breaking a bottle of alcohol or oil on an enemy greatly increases their flammability. On top of that, foul liquids getting into their eyes will make it hard to concentrate on combat...
  • Highly flammable items (made from cloth or paper) will burn in fire. Pyromancers, watch your flames!

64a2de151a081766c6776a7a58788257b37b3854.gif

• A heavy enough item can trigger a claw trap or a pressure plate.
  • The amount of noise generated by a thrown item depends on its weight and material. The sound of breaking glass will attract much more attention than a tumbling acorn.
  • It’s no easy task to restore a thrown tomato to its original form. Only throw tomatoes you don’t need!
  • The same holds true for ale mugs - it’s hard to throw them without spilling their contents.
  • And so on...

Weapons

367cc5f9253f148616c567cfa3f7c7324ec95d36.gif

Weapon-throwing is a completely different thing. Instead of weight and material, it takes a different factor into account - a weapon balance, which combines item weight and its aerodynamic properties. The better the balance, the further and more precise a throw will be, and the more damage it will deal upon connecting.

Most daggers and light axes can be easily thrown, offering you a significant edge in combat. Certain spears (not halberds) are slightly worse in this regard. When it comes to swords, maces, and two-handed weapons, they don’t fly far, and they don’t deal significant damage, as these weapon types aren’t well-suited for throwing. It’s also not always a good idea to overuse this mechanic even with a suitable weapon - doing so will quickly drain its durability.

d318e1bb52b5d29b9e36ff2cfd382de03776ba02.gif

Naturally, your character stats are factored in as well: the damage for throwing any item is influenced by Perception, Strength, and Agility, the distance is decided by Strength, and the hit chance (including the Crit Hit chance) depends on Perception and Agility.

Keep in mind that throwing is meant to be only a supplementary combat mechanic and not a play style, so we don’t plan on introducing a dedicated skill tree for it. It’s unlikely that you’ll be able to beat the game by throwing axes and daggers, although you can still give it a try.

That’s all for now. Stay tuned for future devlogs - we still have a few more surprises up our sleeve!

Murk

Arcane
Got this over the weekend and been playing it a few hours and it's damn fun. The framework is really good, and the combat has some depth. The art style is wonderful and has a similar effect to Battle Brothers where good art style + good sound + minimalist animations pans out to something quite pleasant to see in action; the "missing" parts are easily patched in by your brain after you see things in motion for a while.

Dicked around a while on different characters then made the dwarf dual wielding 2 axes because muh flavor.

Took a contract to go into the less dangerous of the two nearby forts (as best as I can tell, there's two near town and one is always more dangerous than the other).

Walked in, and with in 5 tiles, stepped on a trap and injured my leg. Pain ensues. Chug mead to reduce pain because I have no splint, and proceed to drunkenly tumble around and axe-charge then use the double-double slash from the dual wield tree. Find more mead on an enemy, chug it down, reducing pain but being very drunk. End up with other leg injured in a fight against a guy with a greatclub and a guy with a spear. Drink rest of mead, pain rising, constantly clumsy/stumbling around. Clear out most of dungeon and barely get back to town where I go to herbalist and buy two splints.

Headline: Drunken Dwarf possessed by rage and pain drags back missing shipment of grain and assortment of looted falchions from dead bandits. Proceeds to put both legs into splints then sleep.

I give it a :4/5:

Man, I like the art design in this game so much, but I'm so wary of early access titles I'm reluctant to start actually playing it and burning myself out before an adequate amount of content is placed in.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/625960/view/2898592423870529207

Devlog: Skinning & New Traps
abee4f4bc8473e61a0d91bd10c9382fcb7a4e3a9.png

Hello everyone!

In today’s devlog we’ll tell you about some new features of the Equipment Update II, planned for this December (and which ended up containing more than just new equipment).

Harvesting meat and pelts

Since the game was first released, pelts had been dropping with a random chance. It was meant to imply that sometimes pelts are way too damaged, and that there was no use harvesting them. However, this mechanic wasn’t well-explained - unsurprisingly, it was only confusing players when they weren’t getting any loot after killing an animal.

To resolve this issue (and to increase immersion), we’ve added a new mechanic - skinning. Killing an animal is now just a first step: in order to get pelts, meat, antlers etc, you’ll need to harvest them. To do so, you’ll need something sharp in your inventory: a dagger, an axe, or at least a sword.

For the time being, skinning is implemented as a basic skill with 100% efficiency, but once Survival skill tree is in place, you’ll need to spend some Ability Points to learn how to do it properly.

5m3iWt8.gif

The way an animal is killed is an important factor. You’ll get the best outcome with piercing weaponry, which won’t damage pelts too much. If you score a kill by primarily using Piercing Damage, the chance to get a pelt will be the highest.

On the other hand, Slashing damage types fare much worse, as cuts won’t do any good to a pelt’s condition. As for using Pyromancy, you can imagine the outcome... Naturally, the market adjusts accordingly: since harvesting pelts is harder now, their value has been greatly improved.

RkDQZ1F.gif

Certain damage types can also affect the harvested meat. Animals killed with Fire Damage get well-cooked in the process, while Poison, Caustic, or Cursed Damage might cause the meat to spoil.

Traps

In addition to skinning, we’ve also implemented more dungeon traps. Let’s start with pressure plates, which, for the time being, will have two variants:

6XWkwgY.gif

The first one is a fire trap. It will ignite the floor and deal heavy damage once triggered.
The second one has a twist: it creates a cloud of poisonous gas, slowly filling the surrounding area. Staying in this cloud will deal Poison Damage with a chance to cause violent coughing, which reduces Accuracy, increases Fumble Chance, and generates lots of noise.

At the same time, certain traps will be available to players as well.

tfsp9pk.gif

For instance, claw traps can now be disarmed, stored in the inventory, and then placed.

mEnQPpM.gif

Caltrops are light enough to be thrown right in front of the approaching enemies.

i4ly2Vi.gif

Nets will help dealing with particularly agile foes (although they won’t help much against ghosts, for obvious reasons).

0Dc7tMc.gif

And finally - smoke bombs, which function similarly to poison traps, capable of ruining the day for enemy archers: the smoke obscures vision, triggers coughing, and deals a small amount of Poison Damage.

That’s all for now. Until the next devlog!

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Hmm, I got some 40 or 50-ish megabyte update to stoneshard yesterday. No patch notes and no mention of it anywhere.
Just some steam shenanigans or actual update?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom