Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Stoneshard - open world roguelike RPG - now available on Early Access

Murk

Arcane
Likely steam; I didn't get anything in the last few days.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Devlog: Two-Handed Maces
fb20c7c999d12fef9a7586192f11981b3e850bfb.png

Hello everyone!

In today’s devlog we’ll tell you about the first of the two new ability trees, which will be added to the game with the Equipment Update II – two-handed maces!

547007080768cb5b7e42249e3c50673e01538d0d.png

Let’s start with the general structure of the ability tree:

a7d1fd9d9c34b4a0abb160f36a129df2688839d7.png

Just like ability trees of other two-handed weapons, 2h maces have 10 abilities: 5 Actives and 5 Passives. Their overall theme is controlling the battlefield with Stuns, Dazes, Knockbacks, Debuffs while dealing large amounts of damage with powerful, but slow strikes.

Let’s have a closer look.

Active Abilities

c56471dd8174307f3423012e2fa978cc28ab9696.gif

Mighty Swing – the first of the two opening Active abilities is a buff which grants bonus Weapon, Armor, and Bodypart Damage, as well as extra Stun Chance for the next turn.
Other than that, it also synergizes with the rest of 2h mace abilities: if “Mighty Swing” is active when you activate them, they receive additional properties.

02b9a5a47a0ecab748236612814e6da57451ffa0.gif

Unstoppable Force - the second opening Ability. It performs a strike on three adjacent tiles with a large bonus to Knockback Chance and Armor Damage.
Additionally, for each enemy you successfully Knock back, it reduces Skills Energy Cost for the next few turns.

If “Mighty Swing” is active, successfully Knocking enemies back also puts their abilities on Cooldown for a few turns.

1824f58ae52dd3ae59f0890e1c6a85b2f97db85e.gif

Skull Crusher lets you perform a one tile dash and swing at the enemy’s head with bonus Stun Chance and Bodypart Damage

If “Mighty Swing” is active, this skill also burns the percentage of the target’s Energy equal to the percentage of its missing Health.

y9dZQAt.gif

Slaughter - a stance-based skill, customary to all Weapon ability trees. It grants bonus Crit and Knockback Chance, reduces Skills Energy Cost, and increases Armor Penetration with each stack of its effect. On top of that, every 3rd attack has 100% chance to Daze.

If “Mighty Swing” is active, using this ability will deliver a strike to a random adjacent enemy.

1d6fff4fffe12150066dfa32614b832bc0fcf271.gif

Forceful Slam - the final Active ability, which can be used to either start a fight or finish off a stunned enemy.

First, “Forceful Slam” marks a tile, skipping a turn. If the next turn this tile is occupied by an enemy, the character will deliver a strike with a significant bonus to Crit Chance and deal bonus damage (scaling with the target’s Max Health) for each remaining turn of Daze, Immobilization, or Stun affecting the target.

If “Mighty Swing” is active, this skill also weakens the enemy occupying the marked tile, applying them with extra Damage Taken and reducing their Control and Move Resistances.

Passive Abilities

• Blow after Blow - killing enemies with 2h mace attacks and abilities grants the effect of “Mighty Swing” for the next turn and a bonus to Energy Restoration for the next few turns.
  • Unbalance - Knocking enemies back with 2h mace attacks and abilities applies them with extra Fumble Chance and reduces their Control Resistance and Dodge Chance for the next few turns.
  • Bonebreaker - attacks against enemies without Armor or with their Armor Durability lower than 50% gain bonus Bodypart Damage. Attacks against enemies with their Armor Durability higher than 50% gain bonus Armor Damage.
  • Severe Concussion - Stunning, Dazing, or Immobilizing enemies with 2h mace attacks applies them with a debuff to Move Resistance and increases their Fumble Chance for a few turns.
  • Revel in Battle - killing enemies while under the effect of “Slaughter” replenishes 20% Max Energy. Killing enemies while under the effect of both “Slaughter” and “Mighty Swing” additionally reduces the ability tree’s active Cooldowns by a few turns.

That’s all for now. Until the next time!

Harthwain

Magister
Looks like the game has features (for the base version) planned as far as "2021-2022"? Holy... I am really looking forward playing this once it releases, but I had no idea it's THAT far off.

Still, it's one of these projects I think are worth supporting, considering how frequently the developers keep updating stuff.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://steamcommunity.com/games/625960/announcements/detail/2921111689921055553

Deblog: Two-Handed Axes
fee06a2d634a6f36101e0d82385e3f4aba8aae43.png

Hello everyone!

In today’s devlog we’ll tell you about the second new ability tree of the Equipment Update II: two-handed axes!

76b750ea9f5c57145c4e6166c6a0d7c78e118875.png

As always, let’s start with a general overview. This ability tree consists of 5 Actives and 5 Passives, focused around the same thing as 1h axes - damage, Bleeding, and Injuries.

Active Abilities

aZWCZLv.gif

Wide Cut - the opening skill of the ability tree. It performs a strike with bonus Weapon and Armor Damage. Additionally, it affects three body parts upon a successful hit.

Hrxdf5f.gif

Dismember performs a strike to a random Body Part affected by a Minor or Medium Injury (or a random Body Part if the target is uninjured) with a huge bonus to Bodypart Damage and Crit Chance.
If this strike worsens an Injury or applies a new one, it causes Bleeding, and the target itself loses 9% Max Health.

aLZ4n2I.gif

Reign in Blood performs a strike which prolongs active enemy Cooldowns by 1 turn for each Injury and 20% missing Health affecting them. Also has a chance to cause Bleeding on each Injured Body Part, replenishing 5% Max Energy for each Bleeding caused.

fO0r5vL.gif

Rampage - a traditional stance-based skill. It grants stacking bonuses to Crit Efficiency, Bleed Chance, Bodypart Damage, and reduces Cooldowns Duration.

Just like with other 2h weapon stances, every 3rd attack with two-handed axes is granted a special effect: it deals bonus damage equal to 15% of the target’s Max Health (the damage has a threshold tied to the character’s level).

e7VysHh.gif

Make Space performs a strike on three adjacent targets with bonus damage for each degree of Injury affecting them. If this strike kills at least one target, performs a second strike on the same area (this effect can only trigger once).

Passive Abilities

• Finish ‘Em - attacks against targets with more than 50% Health gain bonus Bodypart Damage. Attacks against targets with less than 50% Health gain bonus Weapon Damage.
  • Shieldbreaker - 2h axe attacks decrease their target’s Block Chance and Block Power for 5 turns. This effect stacks.
  • Maim and Kill - applying Injuries and Bleeding grants bonus Weapon Damage and Crit Chance for 4 turns.
  • Fatal Strike - while under the effect of “Rampage”, Critical Hits grant an additional stack of it and apply their target with extra Damage Taken.
  • Tool of Execution - activating “Rampage” grants bonus Crit Chance for each enemy within two tiles.

And finally, here are some of the two-handed axes which will be added to the game:

95a70ea04748b85884a77fe7ce4a2031db5eb539.png

vazha

Arcane
It's just so good. Even the pixel art is not annoying which is an anomaly by itself.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Devlog: Update Wrap-Up
30e38eb4ac840bce05214935f7d23fc30a799eb3.png

Hello everyone!

In today’s devlog we’ll tell you about the remaining new features of the Equipment Update II and also announce its release date - December 25th!

Hearing System

vYbTadw.gif

The noise system will now work not just for your enemies, but your character as well, allowing you to better plan out your actions. As you explore the surface or dungeons, you’ll be able to hear enemy activity, which will mark their location on your screen. The chance of hearing the enemy depends on their actions and your Perception: enemy steps are the hardest to detect, but the noise from a fight will be heard from many tiles away.

Berry Bushes

554d45fb02e03ed7f61d2cbe6289626f0291d0bb.gif

ccbdd8dbf1a52662ba57744ceb160c98f16e7d24.png

Berry bushes will come in handy if your character is starving. Depending on the biome, you’ll be able to encounter six berry types: bilberry, raspberry, blueberry, lingonberry, gooseberry, and barberry.

New NPCs

2bac6b5ac24fc464dfcc84cb5b4fded4e3bbbbb2.png

Two new characters will be added to the game: Bran the Trapper and Unar the Scribe.

The trapper will periodically appear in either Osbrook or Mannshire, offering you some hunting gear, including the new traps.

Unar the Scribe can be found selling treatises in the Mannshire castle - you’ll be able to shop from him after completing three Osbrook contracts and gaining access to the castle.

New Consumables

dc2b9f8c3b06bdfb383bf50be65ddfab8591685f.png

We’ve added a number of new nar
cotic substances to the game. Consuming them provides powerful buffs for a short period of time, however you’ll have to pay for them with a long and painful aftermath.

• Al’qud will give you a stamina boost, increasing Max Energy and Energy Restoration, while decreasing Abilities Energy Cost.
  • Abasa will put you into the state of narcotic rage, granting bonus Weapon Damage, Crit Efficiency, Armor Penetration, and Pain Resistance.
  • Hornet Honey will sharpen your reflexes, improving Accuracy as well as Counter, Dodge, and Crit Chances.
  • Nikkaf will improve your concentration, increasing Vision, Experience Gain, Hunger Resistance, and decreasing Fumble Chance.
  • Paregoric is a potent painkiller which will decrease Pain and Pain Limit while improving Morale, Pain Resistance, and Healing Efficiency.
  • Stardust has already been available for quite a while, but its effect is now different: it will grant Magic Power, Magic Resistance, Bonus Range, and decrease Cooldowns Duration.

New Enemies

b8430c799ee22d5b2e6931ea28a7e09660b22e83.png

The enemy roster has also been expanded: this update will add 10 new brigand enemies, armed with two-handed maces and axes, and a few new minibosses, including the skeleton ones - eliminating the latter will be a part of a new contract.

jungl

Augur
Its a diablo skyrim clone in rogue like format. Tired of all these fake casual roguelikes like caves of qud and stoneshard. Spelunky more of a roguelike that these games.

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
This one is all style and little substance, at least for now. Itemization is junk, health system is poor mans CDDA, attributes are inconsequential, dungeons are not really interesting, movement is clunky with inconsistent diagonal movement, interface relies heavily on inferior mouse support, your mercenary doesn't have a lot of options outside 'go to the lowest level dungeon and hope to survive' because the world is not really fleshed out.

Qud is the whole package.

kreight

This one is all style and little substance, at least for now. Itemization is junk, health system is poor mans CDDA, attributes are inconsequential, dungeons are not really interesting, movement is clunky with inconsistent diagonal movement, interface relies heavily on inferior mouse support, your mercenary doesn't have a lot of options outside 'go to the lowest level dungeon and hope to survive' because the world is not really fleshed out.

Qud is the whole package.
trolls place is in the cage. no feeding allowed.

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just finished killing the troll. I enjoyed it, I'm looking forward to the full release. But I'll probably put it down for a couple months at least. Some thoughts:
- overworld map tiles are way too large. They end up being boring slogs with no interesting content. Crossing more then one or two tiles is painful. With the current content density tiles should be no more than 25x25. If more content is added per tile (rather than just one point of interest on a given tile), maybe the size could be justified.
- enemies don't scale. Fuck yeah. Very satisfying to go back to old dungeons and absolutely slaughter the inhabitants. Conversely it's nice to go into a dungeon and get raped, either because the enemies inside are just manlier than you are or because you underestimated how much noise you were making and got swarmed by a dozen mobs from four different rooms. Killing my first Wraith with my sword and board gal was the best moment of the game for me.
- each character getting unique starting items was nice. I hope there's an option in the full game to upgrade them somehow, I was very attached to Der Vyrne's chestplate and sword and was sad to put them away. Maybe a personal quest or something.
- differentiation between skill trees felt okay. It was obvious some of them were created earlier then others. But I could feel the difference between, say, sword and board and dual wielding axes. I didn't mess with magic.
- attributes don't have a big enough impact, as moraes says. All of them affect multiple stats, so all are theoretically desirable. But they just don't give enough of an oomph for me to care much one way or the other, which is a shame in a game like this where points are pretty scarce (2 points per level, no other way to raise them).
- enjoyed managing character health, especially in earlier levels (1-8 or so) where there aren't a lot of options for dealing with pain thresholds and limb injuries are deadly.
- contracts and tasks could do with giving less money, and giving some experience. Tasks should have item rewards (contracts already give faction so no need to add items as well). Finding 5 iron ingots and just getting a pittance in gold was upsetting.

All in all, as I said, I had a lot of fun. Maybe I'll try a different character type when the patch comes out on Christmas.

Last edited:

Wayfinder

Ink Stains Games
Developer
dev keeps negging me with participation awards smh
I'm sorry lol, it didn't look like a negative award at all. But I guess I'm just not very familiar with this forum.

I just logged in and was surprised to see our updates being consistently reposted so I decided to give it as a token of appreciation.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
dev keeps negging me with participation awards smh
I'm sorry lol, it didn't look like a negative award at all. But I guess I'm just not very familiar with this forum.

I just logged in and was surprised to see our updates being consistently reposted so I decided to give it as a token of appreciation.
just joshing, I took it as intended, cheeky way of announcing that you're showing signs of life

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
momentary display issue? showed up in my activity feed in English, the link did not until some moments ago

0.6.1.0 - Equipment Update II: Changelog
b40b6b6e03d674dc8e10ef885aef1e88c9addb3d.png

NEW ADDITIONS

• New weapon type: Two-handed axes - 29 pieces.
  • New ability tree: Two-handed axes- 10 new skills.
  • New weapon type: Two-handed maces - 23 pieces.
  • New ability tree: Two-handed maces - 10 new skills.
  • New mechanic: Throwing. Throw weapons and other items to deal damage, distract enemies, and trigger traps.
  • New mechanic: Skinning. The chance to harvest a pelt now depends on the damage type used to kill an animal. Added new hunting trophies: dog pelts, snake skin, and bear fat.
  • New mechanic: Hearing. Increase your Perception to hear nearby enemies before seeing them.
  • Two new NPC: Bran the Trapper and Unar the Scribe.
  • The trapper travels between Osbrook and Mannshire, selling various hunting gear and some other items.
  • The second NPC can be found in the Mannshire castle upon completing 3 Osbrook contracts - he trades in treatises.
  • 20 new enemy types, including 7 new minibosses.
  • 25 new armor pieces: 7 helmets, 9 chest pieces, 5 belts, 2 sets of gloves, 1 pair of boots, and 1 shield.
  • Combat consumables: added a claw trap, a net, caltrops, and a smoke bomb.
  • 5 new drug types, completed with reworked drug mechanics.
  • New Mannshire crypt contract.
  • Additional flora: added 6 berry shrubs, 1, new mushroom type, and 1 new herb type.

ATTENTION: This patch IS COMPATIBLE with the previous version’s saves. It should be possible to continue your current playthrough after this update.

However, we highly recommend starting a new game: item tweaks won’t affect the already equipped or stored items. Additionally, the new contract won’t spawn when playing from an old save.

GAMEPLAY

• Enemies can now also feel pain.
  • Throwing potions applies enemies with their effect for 25% of the original duration.
  • Fabric, leather, paper, and organic items will burn if dropped on a burning tile.
  • Added a system for enemy interactions with traps. By default enemies are aware about the traps of their faction and the traps which were installed within their Vision. Other traps will remain hidden - the chance for them to be discovered depends on enemy Perception. Some enemies also learned how to disarm discovered traps.
  • Activated claw traps can be picked up, repaired at a blacksmith, and then placed again.
  • Manually disarming traps will grant experience.
  • New stat: Stagger Chance
  • New effect: Stagger. Reduces Crit, Counter, Dodge, and Block Chances to 0, and increases Fumble Chance to 100%.

BALANCE

• Changes to the characters’ Affinities:

Arna starts with Two-handed maces.
    Jorgrim starts with Two-handed axes.
    Dirwin starts with Two-handed axes.
    Velmir starts with Two-handed axes and Two-handed maces, but no longer has Maces affinity.
    Jonna starts with Dual Wielding.

• Rebalanced primary Attributes:

Strength:
    +[1 > 0.5]% Melee Damage
    +[1 > 0.5] Block Power
    +[2 > 1.5]% Crit Efficiency
    +[1 > 1.5]% Armor Damage

Agility:
    +[0.5 > 0.75]% Counter Chance
    -[0.25 > 0.5]% Fumble Chance
    Added +0.5% Armor Penetration
    [Removed +0.5% Stealth

Perception:

+[0.5 > 0.75]% Accuracy
    +[0.5 > 0.75]% Crit Chance
    +[1 > 0.5]% Ranged Damage

Vitality:
    +[1 > 2] Health
    +[5 > 4] Energy
    Removed bonuses to Immunity
    Added +1% Intoxication Resistance

Willpower:
    +[0.75 > 1]% Pain Resistance
    +[0.5 >0.75]% Magic Resistance
    +[1 > 0.5%] Magic Power

• Rebalanced pain gain from all damage types.
  • Made balance changes to most enemies.
  • Increased the base chance to evade a trap.
  • Reduced the base chance to disarm a trap.
  • Traps balance changes:
  • [Claw Trap] 20 Slashing Damage > 35 Rending Damage.
    Immobilization duration: 3 > 4-10
    Base disarm chance: 60% > 75%
  • [Spike Trap] 25 > 40 Piercing Damage
    Bleeding duration: 10-16 > 10-20
    Change the formula for damage from Bleeding and Burning - now they don’t scale from Max Health as much.
  • Base unarmed damage was increased by 2 points.
  • Block Chance now only works if you have a weapon or a shield equipped.
  • Crit Efficiency: the base damage multiplayer for crits has been increased from 110% to 120%.
  • Rebalanced loot from the brigands.
  • [Brigand Madman]: removed “Adrenaline” and “Painful Stabs”.
  • [Ancient Troll]: Decreased its Accuracy from 100% to 90%.
  • Troll’s Armor was decreased to 50.
  • Experience granted on death was increased by 20%.
  • [Stun]: its maximum duration was decreased from 5 to 2 turns
  • [Daze]: added maximum duration – 5 turns
    Removed: +5% Fumble Chance
  • [Unholy Blessing]: +20% > +15% Life and Energy Drain, Damage Reflection.
  • [Blessing]: The duration of shrine blessings was increased to 1440 turns.
    Removed passive Sanity and Morale change.
    Added an immediate Sanity and Morale boost upon using a shrine
    dded +10% Healing Efficiency.
  • [Satiety]: added +10% Healing Efficiency.
  • [Deafening Roar]: To avoid situations with the simultaneous Stun and Disarm, there’s now a sequence of checks, launched one after another in case the previous one fails: firstly, it’s 25% to Disarm. Then, it’s 75% to Stun, and finally - 100% chance to Daze.
  • [Henbane]: reduced the duration of “Battle Rage” to 12 turns. The effect is no longer guaranteed to activate, instead there’s a 25% chance – high Intoxication can raise this chance up to 100%.
  • [Velmir]: The Condition of his starting helmet was reduced from 60% to 40%
  • [Waterskin]: reduced the number of uses from 10 to 6.
  • [Stardust]: changed its effect.
  • An item’s level now has lower influence on the damage from enchantments.
  • Dual Wielding now consists of 3 tiers, just like all other ability trees with 10 skills.
  • Increased the maximum level for items sold by merchants.

CHANGES TO ABILITIES

SWORDS

• [Endurance Training] 25% chance to replenish 5% Max Energy on hit > +25% Energy Restoration for 3 turns after using a sword ability.
  • [Honed Edge] +5% Bleed Chance for 5 > 3 turns.

MACES

• [Armor Break] Added a Stagger Chance.
    Applies -30% > -15% Control Resistance.
  • [Dazing Strikes] Changed: +5% Daze Chance for mace attacks > Mace attacks apply their targets with -3.5% Accuracy and -3.5% Damage for 4 turns.
  • [Moment of Weakness] Stunned enemies take +33% > +20% Damage.
  • [Concussion] Changed: Mace attacks apply -5% Control Resistance for 4 turns > Mace crits apply -15% Control Resistance for 3 turns.

TWO-HANDED SWORDS

• [Feint Swing] Now applies its target with +10% Damage Taken for 4 turns.
    Other bonuses are doubled if the target is Staggered.
  • [Feast of Steel] Added +5% Crit Chance to its stacking effect.
    Every third attack gains +100% Crit Chance > +100% Stagger Chance
  • [Heroic Charge] Added a Stagger Chance
  • [Parry] All received attacks are guaranteed to trigger a Counterattack > Grants +75% Counter Chance
    Each successful block reduces the Skill’s cooldown by 1 > 2 turns.
    Added: Each Counterattack grants +7.5% Crit Chance for 3 turns.
  • [Arc Cleave] Added a Stagger Chance.
    Each enemy hit reduces active Cooldowns of the ability tree by 1 > 3 turns.
    Added: Replenishes 7.5% Max Energy for each Staggered enemy.
  • [Courage] Added: If the target survives, grants +10% Damage for each adjacent enemy.
  • [Fight to Death] While “Feast” is active, killing enemies reduces active Cooldowns of the ability tree by 3 turns > Each consecutive strike against the same target grants +7.5% Stagger Chance and +5% Counter Chance for 5 turns. The effect resets upon attacking a different target.
  • [Taste of Victory] Killing enemies with two-handed swords replenishes 7.5% > 15% Max Energy.
    Added: Attacks against Staggered enemies grant +5% Damage for 4 turns.
  • [Revanche] Added: while Parry is active, blocked attacks replenish 5% Max Energy.

DAGGERS

• [Double Lunge] Now also reduces the Skill’s cooldown when killing an enemy.
  • [Deadly Trick] Grants +25% Crit Chance > +25% Bleed Chance and +25% Counter Chance.
    Added: The strike also has a Stagger Chance.
  • [Gaping Wound] Applies the effect for 8 > 10 turns.
    Using abilities has a 50 > 75% chance to trigger Bleeding.
    The Bleeding duration has been increased.
    The effect applies +20% > +33% Abilities Energy Cost.
    Added: the effect applies -25% Bleed Resistance.
  • [Coup de Grace] Finishing an enemy off with this skill now grants +50% Crit Chance for 4 turns.
  • [Quick Hands] Killing enemies > Dagger strikes reduce active Cooldowns of the ability tree by 1 turn.
  • [From the Shadows] Added: Thrown daggers do +30% more Damage.
  • [Counterattack Mastery] Dagger strikes grant +4% > +5% Counter Chance for 5 turns.
  • [Weakening Jabs] Dagger attacks apply their target with +4% Damage Taken > -5% Damage and +5% > +7.5% Cooldowns Duration.
  • [Danse Macabre] Changed: Dagger crits gain +10% Life Drain > Dagger Crits grant +4% Dodge chance for 5 turns and permanently apply their target with +10% Damage Taken and -10% Bleed Resistance.

STAFFS

• [Unwavering Stance] Added: Every 3rd attack gains +100% Crit Chance
  • [Destabilizing Hits] Added: the effect is also triggered by applying Stagger.
  • [Now or Never] Effect duration 1 > 2 turns.
    Added: is now also triggered by Dodging and grants +25% Stagger Chance.
  • [Battle Trance] Staff crits now reduce all active Cooldowns, not just the ability tree’s.

SHIELDS

• [Retaliation] Added: Can now only trigger once per 5 turns.
  • [Last Bastion]: Added: Can now only trigger once per 8 turns.

PYROMANCY

• [Ring of Fire] Applies -20% > -10% Fire Resistance for 4 > 3 turns.

GEOMANCY

• [Rune of Sustention] Added: Grants the caster -10% Damage Taken when occupying tiles adjacent to their runic boulders.
  • [Runic Boulder]: Raising a boulder will now generate noise.

COMBAT MASTERY

• [Seize the Initiative] Reduced the maximum number of stacks from 6 to 5.
    If the target uses active abilities, they reduce the number of debuff stacks on it and the number of buff stacks on the attacker.
    Added: added a Stagger Chance to the initial hit and Counter Chance buff/debuff to its stacking effect.
  • [Defensive Tactic] and [Offensive Tactic]: Changed:
    Instead of a static bonus for each enemy within Vision , they now grant stacking bonuses for performing certain conditions.
    Tactics now work for a limited number of turns.
    Switching tactics no longer takes a turn or spends Energy.
  • [Finisher]: Added: this attack now has +25% Crit Chance.
  • [Against the Odds] Prevents Health from dropping below 10 > 15%
    Added: the first attack received during the next turn does no damage and is automatically countered.
  • [Stance Training]: “Defensive Tactic” now increases weapon stances’ duration by 1 turn for each received attack.

ATHLETICS

• [Mighty Kick] Added: Failing to knock the opponent back now Staggers them for 2 turns.
  • [Sudden Lunge] Confusion Chance was replaced with Stagger Chance.
  • [Dash] Bonus Damage for each adjacent enemy was replaced by Counter Chance.
  • Each enemy adjacent to the starting position increases the Energy cost of the Skill by 20% > 10%

DUAL WIELDING

• Some of the skills were moved around. “Dual Wielding Training” is now available earlier, while “Dying Fervor” was moved further down the ability tree.
  • [Enough for Everyone] The effect is no longer removed if the target leaves the adjacent tile.
  • [Deflect] Changed: Using this skill no longer reduces Hands Efficiency.
    Each fully blocked attack now grants +5% Hands Efficiency for 2 turns and reduces active Cooldowns of the ability tree by 1 turn.
  • [Whirlwind] Changed: Can now jump between the same targets for an unlimited number of times.
    Each jump now grants -10% > -15% Hands Efficiency .
    The Skill’s Cooldown is no longer reduced by killing enemies. The same goes for bonus Hands Efficiency - killing enemies no longer increases it.
    Added: +4% Dodge Chance for 3 turns per each strike.
  • [Concentration] Lasts for 6 > 12 turns.
    Added: receiving damaging attacks reduces the duration of the effect by 1 turn.
  • [Dual Wielding Training]: Using weapon-based skills no longer grants bonus Hands Efficiency.
    Using weapon-based skills while wielding two weapons of the same type grants +7.5% Crit Chance and -7.5% Fumble Chance for 2 turns.
    Using weapon-based skills while wielding two weapons of the different type grants +25% Off-Hand Efficiency and +7.5% Counter Chance for 2 turns.
  • [Berserk Tradition] +2.5% Hands Efficiency > +4% Counter Chance.
    All bonuses now scale based on the character’s level and Attributes.
  • [Dying Fervor] Grants +10% > +20% Hands Efficiency when Health drops below 50%.
    Added: Additionally grants +7.5% Crit Chance and +7.5% Counter Chance when Health drops below 33%

SPEARS

• [Nail Down] Changed: Immobilizing enemies with this skill no longer reduces active Cooldowns of “Nail Down” and “Impaling Lunge”.
  • [Impaling Lunge] Changed: The bonuses are no longer doubled when attacking Immobilized Enemies.
    Using this skill against Immobilized enemies now does -25% Damage and halves other bonuses, but instantly refreshes this Skill’s Cooldown.
  • [Maneuver] Changed: now gains stacks for each reduced Cooldown, not fully refreshed one.
  • [Determination] Added: replenishes 10% Max Energy for each affected enemy. The enemies are additionally applied with -20% Move Resistance for 3 turns.
  • [Precise Hits] Grants +10% Accuracy > -5% Fumble Chance and +20% > +15% Bodypart Damage.
  • [Stay Back!] Affected enemies are applied with -25% > -15% Piercing Resistance for 1 > 2 turns.
    The chance to trigger “Impaling Lunge” on a basic attack is 15% > 10%.
  • [Wounding Spearhead] Spear crits deal extra damage equal to the target’s 4% Current Health > 5% Max Health. Added a threshold for the max damage, based on the character’s Strength and Agility.

BUFFS TO UNIQUE ITEMS

As you may already know, the shortcomings of the existing item quality system prevent the unique items from being enchanted, which makes them less attractive to players. To compensate for this issue while the quality system is being properly reworked, most of the existing unique items (with the exception of the starting ones) were buffed:

• Fancy Sword: -15% Abilities Energy Cost
  • Engraved Sword: -15% Cooldowns Duration
  • Decorated Warhammer: +25% Armor Penetration
  • Ornate Flanged Mace: +10% Daze Chance, +5% Stun Chance
  • Decorated Dagger: +10% Crit Chance
  • Carved Longbow: +10% Immobilization Chance
  • Vagabond Knight's Armor: -7.5% Damage Taken
  • Ceremonial Cuirass: +5% Health Restoration, +25% Healing Efficiency
  • Occult Cloak: +13% Bleed Resistance
  • Jousting Cloak: -5% Damage Taken, -5% Abilities Energy Cost
  • Raven Heater Shield: +15% Fortitude
  • Pig-Faced Bascinet: +15% Fortitude
  • Cervelliere with Ear Guards: +10% Control Resistance
  • Ornate Barbute: +5% Accuracy

ART

• New potion sprites.
  • New icons for some modifiers.
  • New sprites for some consumables.
  • Some enemies got their visuals updated.
  • New shop signs for merchants and artisans in the settlements.

UI & UX

• Changes to the mode menu: the attack and rest modes can now be moved to the ability bar. Added Shout and Reload actions to the mode menu.
  • Upon equipping dual weapons, the stats for both hands are now being displayed separately in the character menu.
  • Sleep and Blindness effects now make the screen go dark.
  • Bow and crossbow hovers now display their Range.

FIXES

• Removed the rain sound from the winter biome.
  • Fixed issues with the enemies’ Injury thresholds.
  • Fixed issues with the fog of war.
  • Fixed blood decals appearing in wrong situations
  • The Ancient Troll now properly fells trees when moving.
  • Surface enemies no longer spawn inside trees and impassable ravines.

Last edited:

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Weird. Working for me now, too.

Oh well, time to make a pollaxe or halberd (I assume the halberds got moved to the two handed axe tree now?) build.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
By the way, what do we know about mod support?
Would be great if someone modded food/water out, at the very least, or even most of the debuff management.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
By the way, what do we know about mod support?
Would be great if someone modded food/water out, at the very least, or even most of the debuff management.
Well, bad news... They seem to have made modding more awkward by removing the easily-edited .csv files with all the item stats, quest stats, skills etc.
Haven't found out where the data is now, yet.

Wonder why they changed this. I'm not sure I want to play through the entire early game grind yet again before full release just to test the new items and skills tbh.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Ah, they seem to have forgotten to get the merchants to stack the new 2h weapons (edit: at least if you continue an old save, not sure about new game... Though I didn't see any in the one ng I started either) and are uploading a hotfix in a few hours, according to the steam forums...

Probably better to wait before playing this until the usual post-patch hotfix cycle is complete ;)

Last edited:

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Hotfix 0.6.1.1
  • Fixed the bug preventing new two-handed weapons from being sold by merchants
  • Fixed the crash caused by applying a debuff to a dying target.
  • Fixed the "trade" option in the context menu, which hadn't been displaying for new characters.
  • Fixed lighting issues.
  • Fixed traps not triggering properly.
  • Added the missing percent sign to Stagger Chance.
  • Fixed incorrect two-handed hammers' prices.
  • Multiple fixes to the text.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Another hotfix out

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/625960/view/2922238782442166851

• Archers no longer shoot from the FOG.
  • Traps are no longer repaired when picked up.
  • Added unique effects to different berry types.
  • Increased caltrops damage.
  • - Fixed “Mighty Kick” not applying Stagger upon failing to Knock its target back. Removed the Cooldown reset upon failing to Knock back.
  • Replaced the Wraith Warrior’s “Seize the Initiative” with “Cleaving Strike”.
  • Increased the damage penalty to “Impaling Lunge'' against Immobilized enemies to 33%. “Impaling Lunge” can no longer apply Immobilization to already Immobilized enemies.
  • Reduced Vomiting chance and Daze/Stun Chances for Hornet Honey and Al’qud aftermathes.
  • Fixed enemies not using “Mighty Swing” properly.
  • Fixed “Bad Trip” triggering incorrectly when combining drugs or using multiple alcohol items.
  • Numerous balance changes to new weapons and the two-handed axes skill tree.
  • Fixed the incorrect chances for disarming traps.
  • The Wraith Warrior and Wraith Seer can no longer activate traps.
  • Fixed Dual Wielding treatises unlocking wrong skills.
  • Dual Wielding treatises are now correctly numbered.
  • Removed the increase to Fumble Chance when staying in smoke or poison clouds.
  • Fixed certain new items not being sold by merchants.
  • Various visual fixes.
  • Centering camera on the character upon opening a menu is now an option in the settings.
  • Restored the old button order for “Prologue” and “Adventure”.
  • Fixed the “Wetness” effect not working correctly.
  • Removed the possibility of throwing equipped cursed items.
  • Fixed the bug causing the loss of control over the character after moving to another location.
  • Removed the “Load Save” button when dying in Permadeath mode.
  • Corpses unsuitable for harvesting are no longer highlighted when using “Skinning”.
  • Added a tooltip to “Skinning” about it requiring a suitable weapon.
  • Fixed the crash occurring when throwing away certain types of rotten berries.
  • Numerous text fixes

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom