Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Street Fighter 6

The Decline

Arcane
Bison, my main is coming out in 1 month eh? And he looks cool AF, so I'll definitely need to get him to master... ER DLC comes out too, and SMTV... Uh oh.

Not sure about the KOF characters, I'm sure they'll look great but I'm not a fan of guest characters in general, and this is way too early in the lifespan of SF6 to introduce guest character.

M. Bison comes out later this month, on the 26th.

So he's a Raoh ripoff now?

Bison, my main is coming out in 1 month eh? And he looks cool AF, so I'll definitely need to get him to master... ER DLC comes out too, and SMTV... Uh oh.

Not sure about the KOF characters, I'm sure they'll look great but I'm not a fan of guest characters in general, and this is way too early in the lifespan of SF6 to introduce guest character.

M. Bison comes out later this month, on the 26th.

So he's a Raoh ripoff now?

Could be. When I saw the horse Raoh was the other thing I was thinking of. But it may also be a reference to the live action ‘90s movie. Could be both.

dede94f3afa6c473dc24f6d0519fd4ad.jpg

If the thinking is Fist of the North Star, it’s pretty funny given M. Bison is based on a villain from Riki-Oh.

You know that really violent Honk Kong movie Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky?

Well, that movie is based on a really violent manga that ran in Business Jump (it was Jump’s Seinen magazine) called: Riki-Oh

EK4977rXYAEnRY1.jpg

Riki-Oh has a character in it named Washizaki. He doesn’t appear in the live action movie, but he shows up in the second OVA.

bb36368b.jpg

M. Bison as he originally appears in Street Fighter 2 is based on that Washizaki character from the Riki-Oh manga. Although M. Bison looks more like Henry Silva as Washizaki.

EBUA2cIWwAIAvAK.png

If you’re asking who Raoh is, he’s one of the big villains in Fist of the North Star, and the main villain of the anime movie from the ‘80s.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom