Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Street Fighter 6

Arthandas

Prophet
So, what do you think about the game?
Everything from Luke having a stroke on the box art, extremely greedy monetization and shitty music to the yolo gameplay dominated by drive rushes is pure shite.
It's so bad it made me retroactively dislike previous entries.

Last edited:

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, at least they finally decided to put in a SF3 character.

just

Liturgist
not really a fan of wasting 2 char spots for terry and mai
whatever

GPiBJzSbAAAsXfD

Nathir

Liturgist
Bison, my main is coming out in 1 month eh? And he looks cool AF, so I'll definitely need to get him to master... ER DLC comes out too, and SMTV... Uh oh.

Not sure about the KOF characters, I'm sure they'll look great but I'm not a fan of guest characters in general, and this is way too early in the lifespan of SF6 to introduce guest character.

Yuber

Educated
When will they release the Gold Edition with every DLC inside usually?

Just Locus

Educated
they're really scraping the bottom of the barrel with those kof characters
Not really. Terry Bogard is popular especially with Smash further solidifying that. Mai is also pretty popular at least in Japan.

My problem with the announcement is that the thumbnail shown in the Year 2 character reveal YouTube video is inaccurate.

In order of the picture, it shows; Bison, Terry, Elena, and finally Mai.
But the actual order of release with the DLC will be; Bison, Terry, Mai, and Elena. They fucked it up for no reason.

Also where's Makoto? Or Dudley? :(
GO_BEbNXgAAJYS7.png

Just Locus

Educated
I think I'll be waiting for a deeper sale than I've seen so far and/or the mega ultimate all characters collection that they've always historically released.
I know this is an old post, but this is always a smart decision when it comes to fighting games. Not only do you get to have all the characters & stages, but you also get to play the game when all of the balance updates and bug fixes have been released, ironing out almost all the problems.

One thing I've always advocated for is having several versions of games being separate and playable/downloadable, not only for game preservation reasons but also being able to study the game's history in real-time and relive what previous players had to, among other reasons.
I have Street Fighter V's original release build, Arcade Edition, and Champion Edition all to understand each version and the little nuances that came with them. Just a little tangent I'm sorry.

When will they release the Gold Edition with every DLC inside usually?

Well, the 2020 Capcom leak had them set to release multiple versions, like a Super Street Fighter 6, once a year after the initial release. So they could release a new version of Street Fighter 6 sometime this Summer with all the previous DLC and Akuma, or sometime this Autumn with Terry thrown in.

But if your asking when will there be a version will all DLC characters, including future DLC characters that haven’t even been announced yet, that’ll most likely be years away.

Bison, my main is coming out in 1 month eh? And he looks cool AF, so I'll definitely need to get him to master... ER DLC comes out too, and SMTV... Uh oh.

Not sure about the KOF characters, I'm sure they'll look great but I'm not a fan of guest characters in general, and this is way too early in the lifespan of SF6 to introduce guest character.

M. Bison comes out later this month, on the 26th.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
I know this is an old post, but this is always a smart decision when it comes to fighting games. Not only do you get to have all the characters & stages, but you also get to play the game when all of the balance updates and bug fixes have been released, ironing out almost all the problems.
While I do see your point I also do think the best part of a fighting game is when it's new and people are still figuring out the characters. Nowadays most of the characters are already figured out and if you come in new the best strategy would be to just look at a guide and see exactly what your bnbs, optimal routes and even what buttons to press.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Coming into Ranked in year 4 you'll see all the play and counterplay that's already developed and you'll get your ass busted to be ranked with ragequitters.

Waiting for a super duper release works if you only plan to play the story mode or offline with friends.

Last edited:

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
Well, at least Bison wasn't "can't breathing" a black character in their promo video. Absolute fucking clown world once again.

1717912111418317.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom