Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Sword Coast Legends - RIP n-Space!

sstacks

Arcane
Yummy yum yum! Come get your treats, cuz I know the Codex loves SCL SOOO much! :P

This episode: Buncha dirty rats (four legged and otherwise) in the Luskan sewers. Our thief --er, rogue (we're so enlightened now after all) starts earning his keep.

Weasel
Last night I had a combat that almost kicked my butt and in retrospect could have used better tactics rather than just "gang everyone up on same enemy".
So you almost had one combat where you would have had to change tactics? Perhaps the criticism has been a bit harsh, after all.

So... not saying GOTY, but other than the lack of 100% 5E conversion and people wanting more out of the DM tools some of the blowback I'm not totally getting.
"lack of 100% 5E conversion" is an interesting summation of the problems many people have with this turd's mechanics. At least we seem to be agreed that this is not one of the best crpgs ever, which is what people were mocking in that thread.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Is story actually interesting enough to play this? Is it at least so bad it's almost good like NWN2 OC IT'S NEESHKA. NEEEEEESHKA?

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Is story actually interesting enough to play this? Is it at least so bad it's almost good like NWN2 OC IT'S NEESHKA. NEEEEEESHKA?
Man, some people on the official forums were asking if it would be possible in the future to mod in NWN1's story.

Yeah.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Pathfinder: Wrath

There's no room for "so bad it turns good" in nowadays safe and inclusive writing formulas. Just mediocrity.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So sstacks keeps fanboying this game on Codex. And only reason people are not calling him a retard and quoting his join date is because he had an interview with MCA and he is dangling a possible another one... Ahh Codex, I didn't know you could be bought off so easily :deathclaw:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
For me, it's more that he's a nice guy who's just trying to be inoffensive.

Personally, I'd recommend that he just not bother talking about the game here at all, or at least not bother responding to people about it.

sstacks

Arcane
So sstacks keeps fanboying this game on Codex. And only reason people are not calling him a retard and quoting his join date is because he had an interview with MCA and he is dangling a possible another one... Ahh Codex, I didn't know you could be bought off so easily

If you aggregate my posts on SCL and come out with a "fanboying" score, that pickle up your butt must be really uncomfortable :P

Neanderthal

Arcane
I think sstacks owns an anal lubricant firm and is trying to boost profits by harvesting all the butthurt induced by this game, mine included, a cunning plan.

Doktor Best

Arcane
I didnt play one bit of the game and only watched sstacks letsplay until i fell asleep, but i seriously doubt its a worse game than for example KOTOR, which is in top 50 codex list. So calm your tits gentlemen.

ArchAngel

Arcane
If you aggregate my posts on SCL and come out with a "fanboying" score, that pickle up your butt must be really uncomfortable :P
You are fanboying it almost as much as it is possible for a game like this one. It is not AoD level of fanboyism but such level is impossible for a non-turn based game on Codex.

sstacks

Arcane
You are fanboying it almost as much as it is possible for a game like this one. It is not AoD level of fanboyism but such level is impossible for a non-turn based game on Codex.

So in a binary world "discussing without intense vitriol" equals "fanboying"

Got it :P

Anyway, one of the reasons I like the Codex is people let it all hang out, so refreshing, so feel free to unleash your butt pickle whenever you want, I still love ya!

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
So sstacks keeps fanboying this game on Codex. And only reason people are not calling him a retard and quoting his join date is because he had an interview with MCA and he is dangling a possible another one... Ahh Codex, I didn't know you could be bought off so easily

He's just sucking SCL off so he can get ash on his radio show. He's not even being coy about it. :lol:
I have to pretend I like him so that he will ask MCA my stupid questions.

:negative:

sstacks

Arcane
I have to pretend I like him so that he will ask MCA my stupid questions.

Nah, keep it real. I'll ask him your questions either way :P (as long as they are not "did you cause so and so's divorce!!!" Jerry Springer questions)

eremita

Savant
This is the last game I have anticipated with high hopes. Like an innocent and naive little girl. The idea of "NWN 3 toolset" made my dick hard! But now, I'm just a suspicious and grumpy motherfucker. So fuck those guys, their trailers and claims could almost be considered false advertisement...

Hobo Elf

Arcane
This is the last game I have anticipated with high hopes. Like an innocent and naive little girl. The idea of "NWN 3 toolset" made my dick hard! But now, I'm just a suspicious and grumpy motherfucker. So fuck those guys, their trailers and claims could almost be considered false advertisement...

Considered? It was false advertisement, but they haven't been called out for it. The whole gaming industry is a big joke.

sstacks

Arcane
Ok, at least one person is calling out sstacks :thumbsup:

Well technically he was referring to people anticipating the game I do believe.

I have perpetrated a worse transgression of the RCCJ (RPG Codex Code of Justice) by, having spent some time actually playing the game, horrifying everyone and publicly stating it's not a total fail.

I understand the Tribunal is likely convening. Can someone feed my cats when all is over with?

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I understand the Tribunal is likely convening.
death_or_exile__by_magehikari-d59a4zj.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom