Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Swordhaven: Iron Conspiracy - BG1-inspired low fantasy RPG From the ATOM TEAM - Kickstarter Live

cdx

Novice
I don't really like how it looks either, even though it's useful. Maybe increasing the size of the dithered border at the edge would help for better transition? Right now it seems a bit too artificial/immersion-breaking. Although, maybe it's better with movement, or after getting used to it?

jackofshadows

Magister
Just make it optional, for Krishna's sake. This blind fallout-chasing won't lead to good (what am I saying, ATOM RPG sold well right).

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's much better than a bright color outline of the character/characters. That is immersion shattering if anything.

Litmanen

Educated

PlayerEmers

Novice

Honestly, this trailer wasn't very good
and im saying this from different standpoints, as a atom fan and gamedev hobbist.

Isnt the game still in early alpha stages? Why call the video just "gameplay trailer" with no indication that this will take at least 2 more years in the oven before release?

What im saying here might sound retarded for some, but thats precisely the point. Most normies/non-atom players will see this trailer in a very negative way and think this is the actual end product.

It was a deservice unless the team's intention was just to show progress to small communities that were already interested while ignoring possible new players outside the bubble

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It is a bit lackluster, felt more like proof of concept than an actual trailer.

Jeskis

Brother
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ffs make the animations faster and add some non-linearity to them.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Lore update and new name update:

Swordhaverr: Iron Constipation

In the heart of the ancient forest of Eldoria, where the whispering leaves danced in the gentle breeze and the sunlight filtered through the dense canopy, there stood a small clearing. In the center of this clearing, beneath the shade of an ancient oak tree, sat a figure cloaked in robes of deepest blue. His face was weathered and lined with age, yet his eyes sparkled with wisdom that seemed to pierce through the very fabric of reality.
The young man who approached the clearing was named Aric, a simple farmer's son from the nearby village of Oakridge. His hands were calloused from years of toil in the fields, and his heart was filled with dreams of adventure that seemed destined to remain unfulfilled. But fate had other plans for him.
As Aric stepped into the clearing, his heart quickened with a mixture of fear and anticipation. The old man regarded him with a knowing smile, as if he had been expecting him all along.
"Welcome, young one," the old man said, his voice like the rustle of leaves in the wind. "I have been expecting you."
Aric's eyes widened in surprise. "How did you know I was coming?"
The old man chuckled softly. "I have been blessed with the gift of foresight, young Aric. I have seen your destiny written in the stars."
Aric felt a shiver run down his spine. "My destiny? What do you mean?"
"You are the chosen one," the old man replied solemnly. "The one foretold in the ancient prophecies. You are the Swordhaver, the only one in the realm who possesses a weapon capable of defeating the darkness that threatens to consume us all."
Aric's hand instinctively went to the hilt of the sword that hung at his side, a simple blade passed down to him from his father. It had always been just a tool to him, a means of defending his family and his home. But now, it seemed to pulse with a power he had never noticed before.
"The world is on the brink of destruction, young Aric," the old man continued. "An ancient evil has awakened, a darkness that seeks to plunge us all into eternal night. But you have been chosen to stand against it, to wield your sword and bring hope to those who have none."
Aric felt a surge of determination well up inside him. He may have been just a simple farmer's son, but he would not shrink from the challenge that lay before him.
"What must I do?" he asked, his voice steady despite the fear that still lingered in his heart.
The old man's smile grew even wider. "You must embark on a quest, young Aric. A quest to gather the ancient relics of power that will aid you in your battle against the darkness. You must seek out the lost city of Avaloria, where the first of these relics lies hidden."
Aric nodded, his mind already racing with thoughts of the trials that lay ahead. He knew that the road ahead would not be easy, but he also knew that he could not turn back now.
"Thank you, wise one," he said, his voice filled with determination. "I will not fail in my duty as the Swordhaver. I will save the world, whatever it takes."
And with that, Aric turned and strode purposefully out of the clearing, his heart filled with hope and his sword shining brightly in the sunlight. For he knew that his destiny awaited him, and that he would face it with courage and strength, no matter what dangers lay ahead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom