Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Swordhaven: Iron Conspiracy - BG1-inspired low fantasy RPG From the ATOM TEAM - Kickstarter Live

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wish them the best of luck, but I have three campaigns not released yet. If a Codex fundraiser happens, I might reconcider.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Yes, it's all true. I confess. We're kickstarting this thing!
a book hm, gonna make illustrated CYOA sections PoE/Pathfinder style too? ps: I don't love nor hate them.
Sure, we did a bunch for Trudograd, hopefully we'll be able to do more in this one!

a book hm, gonna make illustrated CYOA sections PoE/Pathfinder style too? ps: I don't love nor hate them.
It's not like ATOM RPG didn't have a handful of these.
really? I must have forgot about it if they were in the first game, haven't played the second yet.
It was only in Trudograd!
So if it's BG1-inspired, will they get Michael Hoenig as a composer too?
We have our own Michael Hoenig at home!
Time for a Codex fundraiser.
Could be sweet!

I wish them the best of luck, but I have three campaigns not released yet. If a Codex fundraiser happens, I might reconcider.
Hey thanks for considering!
Will it have good combat unlike ATOM? Will it be a buildfag game?
It will have vastly different combat, but it won't be too strict with builds. Can't imagine situations where poorly distributed stats will cripple a character or something.
I'm sure these situations will be found though!
Which ones?
Me? I worded that very badly. I have three backed games that have yet released.

SKALD: Against the Black Priory
Monomyth
Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes
We might play our delay card later on, but doesn't look like that right now.

----
Anyone wanna betatest this puppy eventually - hit us up on discord or something! Free labor! Public demo coming soon too

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Which ones?

Monomyth

Skald is supposed to release this year and Monomyth seems like it's getting fleshed out nicely. So honestly, not super dire straits. Haven't heard of the third one.

Good luck! March is a good time for Kickstarters. :greatjob:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Skald is supposed to release this year and Monomyth seems like it's getting fleshed out nicely. So honestly, not super dire straits. Haven't heard of the third one.
Myself, I've been waiting for Xenonauts 2... 6 years and still going. To be fair, it seems it will be released this year, and it plays really well already.

However. Will back Swordhaven. I believe in this project.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Which ones?

Monomyth

Good luck! March is a good time for Kickstarters. :greatjob:
Is it? That's reassuring! thanks! We'll make it anyway, but the more $$$big bucks$$$ we're graciously donated the better animations I'll get to have. I want so much animations, animations for everything and everyone! From moss pigs to crane kicks and zweihander battle techniques! Might make a bigger world too

Myself, I've been waiting for Xenonauts 2... 6 years and still going. To be fair, it seems it will be released this year, and it plays really well already.

However. Will back Swordhaven. In believe in this project.

thank you!!!

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Dwarves as a stretch goal?
dammaz-kron-dwarf.gif

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
So this is going to take at least a year to be released, I'm assuming.

The world may have ended before that.
Eh, it's always ending anyway, won't probably stop us from finishing it. This way when our mutant children inherit a burnt irradiated rock, they'll also inherit an extra eurojank rpg too.
I will certainly back the game but Atomboy why use kickstarter? Did Trudograd flop?
Thank you! Nope! I don't even know if words like success or flop can be used for our level of development, we just make a game and it somewhat sells over the years and as long as we're not into cocaine lobsters we can manage to make more. But this time a critical look at the beta build showed us this project can be way more than what was planned. A good example from my point of view are animations. This time around we'll have around 100 weapon techniques or special attacks or whatever you might call them. With our budget they'd get around 20 animation sequences that would get slightly changed and tweaked to fit each one. But if the kickstarter succeeds we'd just freelance a guy who'd make a unique animation for almost all 100 and it would look this much cooler. Since there won't be any flashy magic spells, weapon techniques with cool unique animations are paramount!
Another thing is the world. When me and the other writer first brainstormed, we made up this world and a pretty simple story that would take you across maybe up to 10 locations plus a bunch of optional stuff. But when we started writing, we couldn't help ourselves and developed the world way more. Would be really cool to create those unplanned extra locations that are currently only mentioned in dialogue.
Another thing I wanna try out are cool monsters and very diverse props. Like, having merchants wear this special type of clothes and have this kind of candlestick at their home, but the noble man's candlesticks are a different model and also his clothes are like this or that, and the poor people have wooden plates, while mid-tier people have better wooden plates, and maybe the nobility has fine china, etc. Making and \ or buying lotsa cool props and making monsters can get really dang pricy.
Lastly, just don't tell this to anyone cuz I don't wanna sound cynical but it's the truth and everyone knows it!!! Going on Kickstarter is a very good way to make your project seen by people. And since we don't know anything about marketing, this and maybe like a reddit AMA and some kind of a tweeter ad is all we're capable of when spreading awareness. Awareness is really important, and getting it is way tougher than it looks. For example I still have no idea how to reach out to big gaming press. I guess you gotta pay a guy? But I don't even know which guy and he'll probably ask for a kidney up front! But when you're making a campaign, maybe, just maybe, they'll write about ya.
Still if talking about priorities, animations and monsters are the biggest ones. This time I'm way deeper into making combat than the last time, so I feel the PAIN of not having my funky combat moves animated like a japanese anime.
Will back for barbarians.
Thanks!
I will certainly back the game but Atomboy why use kickstarter? Did Trudograd flop?
Free extra drinking money for development.
Yes, having COFFEES helps development a lot!
We already have THE KINDLY PEOPLE OF THE WOOD! They're not dwarves per se though they are small and stout and you can't play them but they sure can play you, especially if you tell them your true name they play you like a fiddle and then your children begin acting weird because they are not yours anymore. What we didn't really mention anywhere is that there will be a lot of "inspiration" from Baltic pagan stuff and overall folklore stuff this time around. I've been sort of getting it on with my roots the last few years, so there will be a bunch of freaky things in there only the developers of Space Wreck will know. If there will be a possibility of going for a stretch goal, we'll pick something up from the cutting room floor, like an extra dungeon or five.
I want my face as a Portrait. That's what I'm pledging for.
Aye, we can do that!!!!!!!!!!

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
We already have THE KINDLY PEOPLE OF THE WOOD! They're not dwarves per se though they are small and stout and you can't play them but they sure can play you, especially if you tell them your true name they play you like a fiddle and then your children begin acting weird because they are not yours anymore.
This sounds more like the elves. Oh well, no dwarves then. But no game is perfect, alas.

The rest sounds pretty cool though. It might add a whole lot of personality and style to the game lore. I hope it'll be a success. Even though, obviously, not so smashing as it could have been with the proper dwarves.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
We already have THE KINDLY PEOPLE OF THE WOOD! They're not dwarves per se though they are small and stout and you can't play them but they sure can play you, especially if you tell them your true name they play you like a fiddle and then your children begin acting weird because they are not yours anymore.
This sounds more like the elves. Oh well, no dwarves then. But no game is perfect, alas.

The rest sounds pretty cool though. It might add a whole lot of personality and style to the game lore. I hope it'll be a success. Even though, obviously, not so smashing as it could have been with the proper dwarves.
Well elves, but without the sexy factor. Sort of like fey-gnome hybrids. Dwarves are cool, but never underestimate the gnome. I heard of a fellow who badmouthed the Gnomes of the Wood because he thought their hats looked silly, and then little things like coins and keys started disappearing from his home, and his dog's leash broke, the leather almost seemingly cut, as if by a wee gnomish blade so he went schizo and presented the Wood with ritual libations of beer and blueberries, and the weird stuff stopped! True story
How is healing handled? Via items only?
There's a bit of a "mechanics" to it. Like, there's antidotes, health restoring potions that also stop bleeding, health restoring items that only restore health, and a process called Rest where you consume food and spend time to restore health and also a COMBAT MOVE (usable outside of combat) called "dress wounds" in which you set a broken limb, but I'm planning to get rid of that one to be honest. So it's gonna be items only probably.

Beans00

Augur
There's a bit of a "mechanics" to it. Like, there's antidotes, health restoring potions that also stop bleeding, health restoring items that only restore health, and a process called Rest where you consume food and spend time to restore health and also a COMBAT MOVE (usable outside of combat) called "dress wounds" in which you set a broken limb, but I'm planning to get rid of that one to be honest. So it's gonna be items only probably.

I'm assuming there will be a first aid skill or doctor skill or healer w/e to make healing items more effective?

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer

I'm assuming there will be a first aid skill or doctor skill or healer w/e to make healing items more effective?
Oh yeah sure, I totally didn't mention that but yeah. There's a medical skill

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom